Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Back to Guilds

Reply The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!
Who read the book long before they showed the movie trailer? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ECUnlimited

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 6:35 am
Well, my english teacher last year had it part of the english curriculum, so that's how I discovered it. OF course, he mentioned the movie and how it's been planned for so long but never been made.  
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 2:29 pm
I got the book for my birthday last July. I read it. Then I read it again. It has been my favourite book ever since.  

wingnut the improbable

Tinnumir

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 5:30 pm
I can't remember when I first heard about it. I know I heard from it from my friend Shannon, tho, so it had to have been during my freshman or sophomore year. I don't even remember buying the book (Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide 1 vol. ed.). But I know I've loved it from the moment I read it. Then I found out about the radio and tv series. I got the tv series on dvd about a month ago. It makes me happy.
The movie was about as wonderful as I expected it to be. It, too, makes me happy.  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 4:22 pm
I am 16. I started the first book when I was 12, and I finished the fifth book when I was 15. I had no idea there would be a movie until a few months ago.  

Periathien

Tulse Luper

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 7:02 am
I first read the book when I was 13 (ca 5 years ago) and I have read it a few times after that.  
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 2:27 pm
I read it wha, 3 years ago... I was bored with all the other books I had so my mum mentioned 'em, and I read them 1 1/2 times a year...  

squidocaster

wakusei

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 3:20 pm
I read the first one for summer reading going into my Freshman year at high school. I'm in my second year of college now...so it was quite a while beforehand.  
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 3:22 pm
Dante..Sparda
I didn't even know one was coming out, and I read the book. I heard about it from my 7th grade teacher. I laughed my a** off, but I wasn't to thrilled with reading back then. My marine biology teacher mentioned it last year, before they released the trailer, and it convinced me to read the original. I went through the first three books in a week or so. I got a bit bored during the forth book, so I stopped reading it. I finished reading the entire trilogy the week before the movie came out. Being a fan of the original I wasn't to thrilled with the movie, but it was still funny.

Too weird. I did the exact same thing.  

MERCURY16

Ollaolas

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 11:03 pm
I read all of them when I was barely eleven.

I'm thirteen now, so yes.  
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 6:21 am
read all three when i was in middle school. i also listened to the radio show and watched the TV series long before i knew the movie was for certain.

and Adams wrote the screenplay, but not the script--other people could have (and did, i think) continue to make changes to it after he died.

but i don't care, i thought the movie was fantastic all around. i didn't even mind Arthur and Trillian that much because i always wanted them to get together in the book, so...  

MST3Kakalina

Le Phanta Muffin-san

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 11:42 am
Read the book about five years ago. This year, in my animation class, my favorite teacher in the world started playing us the radio series. We made it through the last two-third of the semester at the rate of one fit every friday. If possible, I love it more then I love the books.

And the movie was awesome. And very Adams.  
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 6:40 am
Read it in ninth grade because my senior boyfriend loaned me his dogeared copy. I have since left him, but not my love for the books. xd  

Super Nova Star Dust

Lupe_Oceana

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 8:59 am
I first read the books about two y ears ago, when I was 14. can't even remember why I picked them up in the first place. I think my dad reccomended them. Anyhow, I reading fairly skeptically and by the end of the first chapter was losing the fight to not start laughing out loud. Since then I've read each one about three times.

Then I first heard about the movie... but I decided I had to see the TV show before I watched the movie, so I got a DVD of that. And THEN I saw the movie. I think it was pretty good... not the best, but a very good job adapting something that's basically impossible to adapt. razz I did miss the explanation of the towels though. My friend (who hasn't read the books) got so confused on that bit. So I explained it to her.  
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 11:24 am
sweatdrop I was inspired to read the books by the movie trailer. I had an old copy of Life, the Universe, and Everything and decided to buy the Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide and got through The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy by the time the movie came out. I loved the movie. I haven't had a chance to see the TV series or listen to the radio series sweatdrop but you have to start somewhere, right?  

J.I.N.X

GrouchoMarx

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 6:45 pm
Read the entire trilogy almost 3 years before the movie came out. I was extremely excited when production started on the movie.  
The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games