Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply Music Discussion
How do people scream? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Slappy the Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:54 am
I just don't understand how to do the whole "from the diaphragm" thing.

I mostly want to scream like the bassist on Protest the Hero, or maybe the guy from As I Lay Dying. But I think you have to be born with the ability to scream like that guy. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:51 am
I was reading up on it a while ago.

Can't remember much but basically when your breath in, make sure your shoulders do not move up, this is only using oyur lungs and doesn't give you much control or power. WHen you breath you should keep your shoulders still and your stomach should move instead. This is using your diaphragm. Once you've got the hang of it, it enables you to sustain notes longer etc.  

ghostbusterfamous

Slappy the Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:25 am
Interesting...
Thanks. I'll try that.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:17 am
[purple banana]
yeah.
i heard soony moore had to undergo surgery and wont perform again

that is the stupidest thing i've ever read. First off, Sonny Moore had to get surgery because he had a node on one of his vocal cords, not because he scrreams (which he doesn't scream enough to get hurt by it) and Secondly, he WILL perform again because they're working on a new album.

C A N C E R.

xxxcyberaddictxxx

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:10 pm
rikaLeshay
i can't scream like that. it makes me sad that i can't.

most girls can't.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:47 pm
M Shadows blew out his voice screaming recently... or so I've heard. I don't like them, really, I'm just throwing that out there as example.
So in other words, don't quote me on that, because I don't know for sure.  

sdfghjklsdfghjskldfghjkls

Vitalli

Dangerous Wife

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:40 am
I can scream somewhat, it just sounds...awkward when i do. So i normally dont scream with songs, or in general. In my friends band, i sometimes help out, and im a temp singer, and they scream so when we come to a scream part, out guitarist has to Scream. sweatdrop I fail.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:49 am
Screaming is a technique almost on the same level as singing. First of, you only get hurt or damage the vocal-chords badly if you use wrong technique. It's mostly about pushing enough air through the chords with the muscles in your stomach. If you try to use your vocal-chords to create the whole scream you COULD get scared for life. But if i find it i can post a link to a website that shows how to different kinds of screams proffessionaly (Kinda like screaming-therapy if you're into that kind of stuff)

Note: Of course you wont be able to scream your whole life without as much as a scratch on your chords, but at least these techniques that i described won't ruin your voice for good.  

xyourstrulyx

sasoriXcore

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:59 pm
It's pretty easy to scream... just kinda hard to make it sound good. I've been trying to scream like that for a while... my voice always cracks (I'm a girl though... I dont think girl voices are supposed to do that)  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:21 pm
Girls can scream
it would just be
more..high pitched.
well, for me at least.

I'm not sure if i'm right but,
I used to swim alot
and so i could hold my breath for a while
although I'm not sure if that has any fcking thing to do with it
but i guess that helps alot  

alicupcake

[Posh_Hypno]