Welcome to Gaia! ::

STRANGER IN A STRANGE LAND (why aren't we cannibals.)

Back to Guilds

Reply General Discussion
books Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dobbs
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:39 pm
i do not understand m~~~~~~t question

Nah, that's just with you. Snausages is just one of Smith's nicknames. We also call him Smithalicious. He's a bottomless well of great quotes, like jeez what and jokester generator. Well, maybe they're more of inside jokes. Oh, and then there's that musical note cat of his.

im surprised to see that coming from you massenkarambolage(t) exclaim

Well, people are constantly adapting/reinterpreting the bible to suit the modern world. It's not so bad, because a lot of it's pretty vague/seemingly contradictive anyway.

I despise people like that. There's a really good example of people like that on this one show I've been watching, but I can't tell you because you're all too young

Sometimes atheists don't realize that their preaching is just as bad as any religious besoothin'. I used to preach, but it started to be increasingly more philosophical towards the end. I guess it was about two or three years ago that I started the whole openmindedness bit. There's really no other way to be, I think. Religion is a pretty boring thing to get angry about.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:52 pm
aw man i thought i was onto something there

but yeah i don't think you've ever used my name when referring to me except maybe once

also third paragraph is referring to what (specifics)

completely off-topic dumbfest below

visual basic is the biggest waste of a class ever, and if i ever become like those kids in there i will probably not do anything because my brain will have become so full of stupid, stupid crap like rivalries about grades that it will not know better than to heatedly discuss AMD vs. Intel without actually saying much of anything besides WHOA MACS GET INTEL CHIPS NOW YOU CAN DUAL BOOT N STUFF and acting like it's a huge newsflash happened yesterday

was i ever like that? probably

And I... just don't really like religion that much. Maybe just talking about it, I don't know.

How did this turn into religiontalk anyway? (wait, rand to selfish to sort of sounding like the bible to atheism)

+ finished Euripedes' Medea for school
+ read a few short stories notforschool but in the same book (some guy tries to get rid of his wife so he can run away with his secretary, a pathological liar's dreams are slightly deflated)
+ reading Crime and Punishment because I figure I should
+ searching for my copy of Ivan Denisovich because I stopped when they were building a wall and I just can't stand the suspense
+ I should really start looking for that other book

+ out of crapfestclassorama
+ when does/did college start?  

Aeaea
Crew

Dobbs
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:29 pm
its ok im just an enigma no one understands me why wont they shutup ih ate my parents

no never (i don't know your real name i just know it starts with an m and ends with a t redface )

this
Quote:
And really religion's mostly around so people get a nice set of morals all picked out for them with no thinking required on their part, and so the prospect of death isn't so depressing. Or because they have trufaith, something I can't really comprehend at this point.

btw i disagree with the focus on shame in western society
the world would be loads better without it i swear

(pretty much any of hoffman's classes are terrible. man i wish i was there for that intel vs amd discussion. pwnis and i used to argue over philosophical matters [is there rly good & evil idk] and hoffman used to interject little slices of wisdom that actually had nothing to do with the argument and were usually misquoted in some way. good times
)

still reading rand, still lame
going to have to argue my beliefs to someone who has missionary's-advocated herself into the randian philosophy (stupid)

garble  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:33 pm
some excerpts from atlas shrugged (this would be in cursive if possible)(stupid)

Quote:
Seeing her in the suits she wore, one never thought of Dagny Taggart's body. The black dress seemed excessively revealing--because it was astonishing to discover that the lines of her shoulder were fragile and beautiful, and that the diamond band on the wrist of her naked arm gave her the most feminine of all aspects: the look of being chained.

ok
Quote:

[driving ithrough the countryside]
"It's a good road," said Rearden, "It was built to last. The man who built it [was really good i swear]."
"Yes..."
"I don't like the looks of this."
"I don't either." Then she smiled. "But think of how often we've heard people complain that billboards ruin the appearance of the countryside. Well, there's the unruined countryside for them to admire." She added, "They're the people I hate."

umm wat

And a quote directly from Rand, to put it all into perspective:
Quote:
...the essence of femininity is hero-worship--the desire to look up to man.

I had more, but they were too long to type up, and I couldn't find a good online source. This doesn't present as clear of an image as I thought, but I'm lazy. Still pretty obvious that she's not normal, though. She was one of those red-forearmed Russian women, like the prole outside the bedroom window in 1984, only I don't think she ever sang with a deep, jovial voice. Probably the more common drivel of a philosopher, writing in literature how they wish their lives could have been, were they not so lame. (hi nietzsche)

(nieietzsche = also stupid)
man im using parenthesis a lot (  

Dobbs
Captain

General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items