Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
TELL US UR FAV CRAFT BOOK? Refer one to us! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

=^-^= Have u found a fav craft book yet? Good enough to refer to others!?
  yes =^-^=
  no
  might XD
  thatz a big list
View Results

Kanhoro

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:44 am
St. n. b***h!! that is the best book on knitting ihave read so far.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:16 pm
knit bagS  

fashionista468

I be me
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:15 pm
errrr.... my favourate craft book is.... internet?

I have never in my life seen a craftbook that I really enjoyed. They are all full of old people doing old people crafts.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:40 pm
Beyond Zahra Ovaci's wonderful list, I also suggest:

Knitting:
Knitting on/beyond the edge (a series of books) by Nicki Epstein - not for beginners, but fabulous for intermediates and beyond who like to add thier own touch to things

Alterknits: creativity + Knitting. ahhhh.

Domiknitrix: fresh, funny and a good primer for people ready to move beyond the basics

Patterns: I'm currenly in love with Elsbeth Lavold's pattern books. I like the historical inspirations, I like more that her models tand in nice, easy to see positions and the sweaters turn out well.

Other: Stupid Sock Creatures by John Murphy
sew your own stupid sock creatures, you know you want to! I did... it's *tons* of fun  

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

sparklingbutterfly

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:18 am
Oooooh my favourite is Injeanuity that is a good one and The Jumbo Book of Needle Arts....I think that is what it is called I'm not sure......  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:52 pm
I scrapbook. My very favorite resource book is by Memory Makers. The name of my favorite book in the series is Great Scrapbooks, Ideas, Tips, and Techniques. I especially love to do Kaleidoscipe pictures. My favorite book is also by Memory Makers. It's calledPhoto Kaleidoscipes. Finally, I like a book called Scrapbooking with Memory Makers although I do want to mention that the Creating Keepsakes reference books are okay too.  

rosesylace

flightoftheunicorn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:13 am
Shara_Lunison
I've been using The Doll Book to make some fabric dolls. It has a lot on the history of dollmaking, and lots of patterns in the back that you can copy to make the dolls and various period clothing for them. It's really neat.

I'll post the dolls I've been making in another thread when I've finished making them some clothes. lol

Wow! I can't wait to see those! How cool! biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:00 am
rosesylace
I scrapbook. My very favorite resource book is by Memory Makers. The name of my favorite book in the series is Great Scrapbooks, Ideas, Tips, and Techniques. I especially love to do Kaleidoscipe pictures. My favorite book is also by Memory Makers. It's calledPhoto Kaleidoscipes. Finally, I like a book called Scrapbooking with Memory Makers although I do want to mention that the Creating Keepsakes reference books are okay too.

I'm gonna start scrapbooking within the next few weeks for my pregnancy and hopefully up to my childs high school graduation. Do you have any tips on where and how to begin? Maybe any stater books or anything? I htink your the only person that I have seen so far in here that scrapbooks.  

[[ F.A.E.R.I.E ]]

AriRashkae

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:16 pm
I'll second the Domiknitrix book!

Also: Cat Bordhi's first and second Treasuries of Magical Knitting. But I like knitting only one surface and edge, 'cuz I'm a dork.

After Dark: Uncommon Knits had some classy stuff in it.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:44 am
I actually don't use a lot of craft books, because I prefer to use my own patterns. I do pick up copies of Vougue knitting and K.1 every month though; I love the articles, and the images are inspiring. Other than that, the only reference I use is the Knit Stitch Bible.  

knitting_needle_ninja

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:50 pm
I'll also offer up:

Fair Isle Sweaters, Simplified by Ann and Eugene Bourgeois If you ever thought about doing stranded knitting, thier techniques on how to do 2 handed fair isle and easily catch your stitches behind the work without having to twist them are *marvelous*

Fitted Knits by Stephanie Japel. Nice patterns, good advice on how to fit sweaters to your form.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:53 pm
AriRashkae
I'll second the Domiknitrix book!

I third DomiKNITrix.
Even though I'm just a beginner i've learned all kinds of things. Such as how to cast on differently. Oh and the continental knitting vs English knitting section was really awesome. I didn't even realize that there were other ways to knit. Soooooo. yay DomiKNITrix.

Other than Stich'N'b***h(Which I just got and haven't had to chance to look through), I haven't really gotten into any other books.  

-old cupcake-

Sparkly Darling

fashionista468

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:15 pm
Stitch n' b***h!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:18 pm
The Aranzi Aronzo Cute Book!!!! xd  

Moko117

tree1334

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:13 pm
"Crafts for the Spirit" is really cool - it's not knitting or anything, but it's like yoga for the head. It includes stuff like how to build a kiln and other things.

If you're looking for knit craft - then "Knitting Lingerie Style" has it all - bras, stockings, oh my!  
Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff