Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Eating Human Flesh? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Would you eat Human Flesh?
  Sure.
  Not a chance.
  Not without my A1 Steak Sauce!
  Maybe if it was someone I hate.
View Results

E_Night

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 8:54 pm
Dathu
BitchesBrew
I eat my scabs. Havent gotten one in a long time though. But i would eat a human, escpecially the thumb and the meat around it. Looks like a chicken leg.
Ghah! Just the thought of eating a finger or the hand creeps me out. I mean, a human steak, sure, but a hand or a foot. *Shivers from emotions yet identified.*

idea I thought of Ceres and the mumified Hand...!  
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 2:09 pm
I think I'd give it a try. Calf, maybe thigh. Nice and meaty...
I don't get why it's so taboo. I mean, if someone's dead, they're not gonna be using their body any time soon, are they? So why don't we? I can understand the whole "respect for the dead" angle, but we should focus more on honoring the memory of the person that has passed, not their rotting meat.  

Tyl0r

E_Night

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 4:37 pm
Tyl0r
I don't get why it's so taboo. I mean, if someone's dead, they're not gonna be using their body any time soon, are they? So why don't we? I can understand the whole "respect for the dead" angle, but we should focus more on honoring the memory of the person that has passed, not their rotting meat.

you know they ARE rotting... or rather decomposing. Thier bodies will be eaten by maggots and worms so why don't we get thier first! AHAHA *squishes bug* mrgreen  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:24 am
Eternalnight666
Tyl0r

you know they ARE rotting... or rather decomposing. Thier bodies will be eaten by maggots and worms so why don't we get thier first! AHAHA *squishes bug* mrgreen
There is some religion where the family eats the body of the dead out of respect. They then burn what's left. I wish I could remember its name. I donno if I could eat a family member, but if everyone else in my family was gonna dive in, then maybe I'd have a granny-nugget.  

Dathu

Newbie Noob

Chocolate Parents

Business Prophet

4,050 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:30 am
I'd eat human meat if someone put it in front of me and didn't tell me it was a eprson I was eating. I'm pretty sure cooked people would taste delicious with ketchup. but if I knew I was eating people, I wouldn't do it.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:15 am
I don't think I could. I could probably do it to survive if I had to, but just sit down and say, "MMMMMMM! Pass me some of those Susan Chops, please?"

Nah I don't think I could handle it mentally because the thought of being eaten myself is just scary. Perhaps that explains my fascination with Zombie movies...

Xiporah

Oxygen Tanks

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:25 pm
It seriously depends on the situation. If I did, then I'd be sick to my stomach for a few days until I got over it.

But right now would I?
Nahh. I don't need all that wisdom.
Too much wisdom means you won't have any fun because you'll be too wise and realize that what you're doing is completely stupid and pointless and in some cases, dangerous.
Why would you want that? xd  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:44 pm
Lesidia
I wouldn't be able to eat another human, ESPECIALLY if it gave me their traits. I wouldn't be able to tolerate the fact that what's on my plate used to think like I do. And also that human had a family and was unique, not like a chicken or cow.

If it gave me their traits, it would be bad. I would much rather be myself, thank you very much. And I would feel kind of guilty...like that wisdom was not acheived honestly and I did not have to do anything to get it except let my body do its natural behavior: eat.

I agree with you. I like the whole being myself, even if I am mostly a screwed up, dyslexic, gay guy. biggrin  

EngelerDeamon

E_Night

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:00 pm
as i stated before that i would eat another person, i just had a thought and it creeped me out therefore there are some parts of a human... or anything for that matter i would eat. such as the reproductive organs...

otherwise im good...

wait i also am not so hot about eating the pancreas or spleen. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:25 am
Why not, it would certainly fix some famine relared troubles around the world, now wouldn't it? twisted But seriously, the cannibalism taboo isn't really rooted in logic... or at least these days it isn't. In our prehistory it might been necessary to keep us from killing ourselves for dinner, but these days it would be more of a... fashion statement? xd Indeed, nowadays it's really more of a mental and psychological question. The aversion is so deeply rooted within most of us, due religion or many other reasons, that I doubt it'll become a fad anytime soon. Too bad, all that useful meat going to waste... twisted lol  

Azraelswing

E_Night

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:39 am
If you eat a person who had a deasese could you get it to... like if a person has aids?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:20 pm
Eternalnight666
If you eat a person who had a deasese could you get it to... like if a person has aids?

More than probably, and that's one good reason for not eating brains either. xp As I recall, there were things like prions(sp?) and such in the brain matter, like the ones that cause Mad Cow's Disease. Hmm, I wonder...? Eat human brains, you become a mad man/woman. lol twisted  

Azraelswing

E_Night

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:10 pm
Azraelswing
Eternalnight666

More than probably, and that's one good reason for not eating brains either. xp As I recall, there were things like prions(sp?) and such in the brain matter, like the ones that cause Mad Cow's Disease. Hmm, I wonder...? Eat human brains, you become a mad man/woman. lol twisted

Ok I add brains to the parts of the body i would not eat. And i wouldn't eat a sick deasesed person  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:17 pm
E_Night
Azraelswing
Eternalnight666

Ok I add brains to the parts of the body i would not eat. And i wouldn't eat a sick deasesed person
Well, if you don't eat the brain, I don't think you could get diseases from the meat, as long as the disease didn't effect the meat dirrectly. Viruses would die when you cooked the meat, and genetic disorders aren't contagious, right?  

Dathu

Newbie Noob

Sanguvixen

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:20 pm
Gross....there is no way I would eat the flesh of another human being.

;runs off to puke at the thought of it;

The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces