Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
Do you own Chiense pirated items? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you?
Of course.
76%
 76%  [ 19 ]
Psh, no.
12%
 12%  [ 3 ]
...Huh?
12%
 12%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 25

[Pink Lady]

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 10:45 am
i do!! biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 12:31 pm
cold_blooded_chick
Yoshimitsu Kyoshi
sasa_powa_4eva
Who doesnt?! xd blaugh

I don't..... sweatdrop .......most of my stuff are authentic.... 3nodding
Then you don't belong with the rest of us cheap asians!!! scream

Yea! Kill him! *forms angry mob*  

t0shi0
Crew

Receiver

yalie5

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 2:42 pm
Yoshimitsu Kyoshi
sasa_powa_4eva
Who doesnt?! xd blaugh

i like my stuff authentic too but i don't have the cash to go out and buy it.  
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 4:21 pm
t0shi0
cold_blooded_chick
Yoshimitsu Kyoshi
sasa_powa_4eva
Who doesnt?! xd blaugh

*runs* is it a crime to buy authentic stuff.......??? gonk ....  

Hayashi Jun

yalie5

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 12:40 pm
Yoshimitsu Kyoshi
t0shi0
cold_blooded_chick
Yoshimitsu Kyoshi
sasa_powa_4eva
Who doesnt?! xd blaugh

apparantly it is on this thread.  
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 1:22 pm
Yoshimitsu Kyoshi
sasa_powa_4eva
Who doesnt?! xd blaugh

Oh... but you said "MOST"... so how about the rest? xd  

sasa_powa_4eva

Darkaznstargoddess
Captain

Ruthless Genius

13,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 1:41 pm
Yoshimitsu Kyoshi
t0shi0
cold_blooded_chick
Yoshimitsu Kyoshi
sasa_powa_4eva
Who doesnt?! xd blaugh

*Shrugs*
Depends on how you interpurt it I guess.
Its techinically ilegal but its not like everyone who does it actually gets caught at all.
If you look at con and pros. Better quality sometimes with authentic material but cheaper with pirated.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 2:02 pm
Darkaznstargoddess
*Shrugs*
Its techinically ilegal but its not like everyone who does it actually gets caught at all.
If you look at con and pros. Better quality sometimes with authentic material but cheaper with pirated.

But illegal is illegal. It's not any less immoral than pick-pocketing or snatching an old lady's purse. Plain and simply, it's stealing.

We only get pirated stuff because we think it's unnoticeable and that the mass do it too. We excuse the crime because we think we're shieled by the walls of our rooms.

BUT, what if the authorities can and have been tracking every single pirated transaction? They already have our names down, just haven't made the move...Would you still persist in buying illegal copies?

That's not to say I don't have any fan-subs, 'cause I have some laying around.
stare  

wiim
Crew

Invisible Shapeshifter

7,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100

Hayashi Jun

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 5:44 pm
sasa_powa_4eva
Yoshimitsu Kyoshi
sasa_powa_4eva
Who doesnt?! xd blaugh

I burn my own cds does that count? ninja question  
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 6:39 pm
wiim
Darkaznstargoddess
*Shrugs*

But illegal is illegal. It's not any less immoral than pick-pocketing or snatching an old lady's purse. Plain and simply, it's stealing.

We only get pirated stuff because we think it's unnoticeable and that the mass do it too. We excuse the crime because we think we're shieled by the walls of our rooms.

BUT, what if the authorities can and have been tracking every single pirated transaction? They already have our names down, just haven't made the move...Would you still persist in buying illegal copies?

stare
Hm..
In away isn't that a bit similar to the illegal drug use issue in society? I'm pretty sure the authorities are aware of who is using weed and have tried to do something about it but it doesn't seem effective at all. They'll just come back to drugs again. What I'm trying to say I'm sure even if the goverment took action and people were punished, I'm sure most people will still keep at. The thrill of testing the law and of course "Its not illegal unless you get caught". For one I'd probally just do it to see them try to fit the number of people that pirate into a prison. xd

Thought I haven't bought any pirated stuff for a couple of years. Most of the stuff I own excluding burnt cds and videos my parents copied of Chinese dramas are actually authentic. 0-0; I don't even touch used stuff.  

Darkaznstargoddess
Captain

Ruthless Genius

13,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50

yalie5

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 6:51 pm
Yoshimitsu Kyoshi
sasa_powa_4eva
Yoshimitsu Kyoshi
sasa_powa_4eva
Who doesnt?! xd blaugh

good enough for me *puts down pitchfork* xd  
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 6:52 pm
Darkaznstargoddess
wiim
Darkaznstargoddess
*Shrugs*

stare
Hm..
In away isn't that a bit similar to the illegal drug use issue in society? I'm pretty sure the authorities are aware of who is using weed and have tried to do something about it but it doesn't seem effective at all. They'll just come back to drugs again. What I'm trying to say I'm sure even if the goverment took action and people were punished, I'm sure most people will still keep at. The thrill of testing the law and of course "Its not illegal unless you get caught". For one I'd probally just do it to see them try to fit the number of people that pirate into a prison. xd

Thought I haven't bought any pirated stuff for a couple of years. Most of the stuff I own excluding burnt cds and videos my parents copied of Chinese dramas are actually authentic. 0-0; I don't even touch used stuff.

You have a good point in arguing that the government's take on piracy is similar to drug users. I think the government in its current size and authority isn't enough to effectively stop piracy or drug use. Or, if the government made a move to completely nullify it, they would probably need to use excess amounts of force to get it done. I suppose they aren't going to cross that line.
They could be working on better methods and/or laws to more effectively administer a workable solution to rid piracy and drugs. Another way would be to adapt and work with the underground system to work out a solution.

wiim
Crew

Invisible Shapeshifter

7,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100

yalie5

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 6:53 pm
Darkaznstargoddess
wiim
Darkaznstargoddess
*Shrugs*

stare
Hm..

it's illegal if it's been licensed and trademarked otherwise it's up for grabs (in my opinion that is^^)  
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 6:56 pm
Yoshimitsu Kyoshi
sasa_powa_4eva
Yoshimitsu Kyoshi
sasa_powa_4eva
Who doesnt?! xd blaugh

I think so... 3nodding  

sasa_powa_4eva

yalie5

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 7:10 pm
wiim
Darkaznstargoddess
wiim
Darkaznstargoddess
*Shrugs*

stare
Hm..

You have a good point in arguing that the government's take on piracy is similar to drug users. I think the government in its current size and authority isn't enough to effectively stop piracy or drug use. Or, if the government made a move to completely nullify it, they would probably need to use excess amounts of force to get it done. I suppose they aren't going to cross that line.
They could be working on better methods and/or laws to more effectively administer a workable solution to rid piracy and drugs. Another way would be to adapt and work with the underground system to work out a solution.

(once again this is my own opinion) I think that the government at this time have more things to worry about and unless the production companies get involved with the prosecution of people pirating stuff then not much is going to happen. as long as you don't do it excessively then maybe they might be willing to over look it. and no the government isn't going to use excessive force. if they do protestors would be lining the streets something about rights or whatever... yeah there are protestors for just about anything... well anyway my friend has recently inform about peer to peer sharing which is legal why? eh.. i forgot her explaination sweatdrop and yes if they really want to get rid of piracy they would have to go take a dive into the underground world of piracy. plus i don't really own that much pirated stuff. i buy the authentic cause i like to and i don't want to feel guilty for pirating it and thus not giving the people who created what they deserved. i hope you can make sense of that.  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff