Luamervara
Roselite Blade
Luamervara
Rabbit-eyes
Luamervara
Rabbit-eyes
I've always wondered this too, and a lot of you have good reasons/theories.
I figured it was because the Silver Crystal belonged to the Moon Kingdom.

I have another question: We know that Princess Serenity's mother is the original Queen Serenity, but why is her father never shown or mentioned?

As far as we know, no father for any of the senshi saved for Setsuna/Pluto were ever Mentioned.

Mothers too, if truth be known.
We know Pluto's father was Chronus, the god of time. It stated so in the manga.

Ah, so her father is the real Chronos? (I've read a few of the manga, but they're so hard to find these days...) That's so neat!
It saddens me a bit that Serenity's father is never mentioned though. Maybe he died before she was born.

At least she had a mother. The other senshi's parents saved for pluto are never- mentioned.

Chibiusa in the manga, when opening the time gate says it, ' Father of the Guardain of time' or something like that. And we know Pluto guards the time gate.

Also Pluto says it again in the tenth book.

I think the inner senshi's moms are shown in one of the books... during the flashback to Princess Serenity's birth...

I thought it was too, but..in a way they never state it. >> You can guess who's mom is who according to the hairstyle, but then again.... <<;; you don't really know for -certian- if it is or not.

o.o

True, true!