Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Tekken Force

Back to Guilds

Tags: Tekken, Fighting, Video Games, Namco, Playstation 

Reply The Tekken Force
Are there any real SERIOUS tekken pplayers here? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

V_Dash

Reveler

4,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:44 am
i know more then the "standard" fan but i'm far from being a hardcore player  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:24 pm
i guess i know a bit about the characters' frame rate speed on certain techniques, and their advantages over other characters... but my knowledge is starting to dwindle.... i'm not too good with techniques but i try to make my way with the advantages so...  

Hyung Horangi

Kou - Leifou

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:19 am
I'm pretty serious. I accept any challenge I get.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:49 am
How far are you from Frederick, MD? I'll be in the area around spring break.  

Icege

BlueHeartShinigami

2,150 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Member 100
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:03 pm
I consider myself an expert at Tekken. Hell, I think I'm better than Icege ( sweatdrop ) But I can't exactly call myself one since I haven't been in any major tournaments yet. Until then, I can't call myself an expert or better than Icege. But to be good , it isn't about being familiar with punishers and frames but if you can use them to your advantage. Like me, I know how to use them before I knew what they were, only because no one I knew referred to them as punishers and frames. But I knew all along what they were talking about. With knowledge comes power and I've become a better player since my arguement here on Gaia.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:58 pm
Indigo_Blue
I consider myself an expert at Tekken. Hell, I think I'm better than Icege ( sweatdrop ) But I can't exactly call myself one since I haven't been in any major tournaments yet. Until then, I can't call myself an expert or better than Icege. But to be good , it isn't about being familiar with punishers and frames but if you can use them to your advantage. Like me, I know how to use them before I knew what they were, only because no one I knew referred to them as punishers and frames. But I knew all along what they were talking about. With knowledge comes power and I've become a better player since my arguement here on Gaia.

How will you know to use them to your advantage when you aren't familiar with the punishers and frames to begin with? Especially when you don't play against decent competition?

There's a guy in my area with the same attitude as you... except even though he gets raped on the regular, he still thinks he's better. If somebody asks him who the best is, he'll say he thinks he is. If I'm around, then he'll say "statistically, he's better..." then make up some bogus win/lose ratio like 4:1 (try 10:1 razz ).

The reason I bring that up is because the dude is STILL trash. He hasn't progressed at all because he feels himself too much. It's an attitude you want to shake yourself of real quick, because it will leak into everything you do in life. He thinks he's hot fire at pretty much anything and everything, even after getting his head caved in. I'm almost convinced there's something psychologically wrong with him (narcissism would be too easy), or maybe he suffers from some form of retardation.

Not trying to give you flack, just trying to help you. The sooner you look at the bigger picture, the sooner you can see everything. Being humble doesn't mean backing down, it means knowing where you're at. Like you said, knowledge is power. If I know I'm here, and they're there, then I'm going to bust my behind to get there.

The big thing is that if you want to get respect, you have to earn it. If you want to be taken seriously, you're going to have to skrimp and save to go to tournaments. It sucks a**, I should know. I don't have nearly the time nor the money that I did before (though that was moreso time >.>), but I make sure to get to what I can. Majors especially, such as Final Round. Keep an ear to the ground for tournaments in Ohio, Maryland, Pennsylvania, and Virginia. I think what might be the easiest thing for you is Pittsburgh, but that's 4hrs away it looks. It sucks because Philly was a prime spot, since you're right near NJ/NYC and near major cities (as well as being in one).

Psychoblue from TZ plays in Barboursville, which is 45min west of Chas... not sure how that is for you. I'd hit him up. I know nothing about him, so don't expect anything special.

Quote:
Come on, with only two more weeks until the WVU/Marshall game, how about someone head over to the Barboursville Tilt at the Huntington Mall for some action as we get hyped up for the rivalry?

I'm there on Saturdays usually around 10:00 AM-11:00 AM. I'll be waiting!

Also be sure to hit me up on my cell at 304-730-1244 as well. Leave your username so I know who I'm talking to, and we can work something out.

His info from the WV thread he started on TZ... with him as the only post crying

DEFINITELY try to hit up FRX in ATL. It's ATL. Expect hella comp, hella good times, hella booty, etc etc. You can prolly fly standby for dirt cheap, and people got you with rides. If you need, I can pick you up and find you a place to stay, or even put you up in a hotel with me (unless the Tekken house invites me to crash).

Crow came last year. Clint is always there. jackie_tran is always there. Hell, ATL in general always shows real big to FRX.  

Icege

Angel de Lys

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:14 am
I consider myself serious.

I'm 21, and have been playing Tekken since I was 12. I have played fighters in general since an even earlier age, well over ten years of gaming now, which is a lot considering my age.

Do I go to tournaments? No. Why? Because my money and time is devoted to my husband and son, and honestly I wouldn't put a gaming tournament ahead of them, my money is better spent on feeding and clothing and caring for them. Hell, even if I had an over-abundance of money, I would rather spend it taking my family to Disney World than on myself to go prove something to people I don't even know at a tournament.

Maybe if I would have had money of my own as a teenager, before I had even met my husband, then I probably would have partook in it. I understand where the tournament competitors are coming from.Today, however, there are just things in my life that come first.

That being said, in the comfort of my own home, I would never turn down a challenger. I will be the first to admit that I'm a very cocky player, but it's not due to any form of retardation gonk

I'm simply a very competitive person. That's what got me into gaming in the first place, when I was but a 7 year old child. Competition. Proving I can beat any person or difficulty level a computer can throw at me. Better than man or machine. I have always wanted to be the best at everything I do.

That is what has made me great at gaming or anything else that I desire. I think it's a healthy attitude because behind all that cockiness is a genuine desire to improve to the point of excellence. My cocky attitude has done nothing but make me more stubborn SHOULD I lose, and in the instances that I have, it's that very attitude that pushed me into getting better until I BEAT the one that defeated me. Not just in gaming, but in every other aspect of my life.

It has worked out very well for me.

One of the most fun times I had playing Tekken was at age 17, 4 years ago, when I was at a gathering with one of my friends. We were at one of her friend's appartments, and they just so happened to have Tekken 3. Two guys much older than I was were playing together and were being very competitive with each other. I snuck in and asked to play and said I would take on anyone who wanted to face me. Now, these guys were about seven feet tall and probably 10 years older than me, and have been gaming for at least a decade more than I. Seeing a little 5 foot 3 teenaged girly-girl challenge these big guys who meant buissness probably looked amusing. They took me on not realizing what they were up against. Needless to say, I clobbered them. For hours.

They honestly had no idea what to do with me xd

Every time I would complete such an ego-boosting win, my cocky attitude would multiply. That's my personality's reaction to such an event.

So to sum up, yes, I would definitly say that I am serious. I feel serious when I play, I have been playing for over a decade and few competitors have ever been a real challenge for me, which has led me to believe I am good at what I do. I don't feel the need to go to a tournament to prove that I'm serious, I don't need to prove it to anyone to be content with it, and furthermore, as I have stated before, I have much more important things to spend my money and time on at this point in my life.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:01 am
Well...I am serious as in characters, stroy plot, etc.
But I am a casual in game player. I personally don't enjoy tournaments or anything and I tend to play with people who feel the same way :3

Action Bawstard

BlueHeartShinigami

2,150 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Member 100
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:47 pm
Quote:
Not trying to give you flack, just trying to help you. The sooner you look at the bigger picture, the sooner you can see everything. Being humble doesn't mean backing down, it means knowing where you're at. Like you said, knowledge is power. If I know I'm here, and they're there, then I'm going to bust my behind to get there.

I'm nothing like your friend, because I don't think I'm better than everyone exactly. But I'm not gonna say one is better than me everyone that one has a huge reputation. To me, seeing is believing and until it happens, in my eyes I'm better than you. Don't think of it as being cocky but a method to build spirit like when you take martial arts ( I'm sure you're familiar with that). I think I'm good ( no..) I know I'm good. I don't know If I'm on tournament level yet. I may be, I've beaten countless of so called T5 tournament players. But I'm not gonna let that get to my head. I go home every weekend and go to galaxy video or university pinball and a new "tourney veteran" appears before me. So, I'm gonna try to compete in one and find out where I stand. If I get my a** handed to me, ridiculed or even labeled the worst ever, fine. If I should lose, I'll just practice and keep on coming back until I become the best.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:22 pm
Philly wasn't exactly a breeding ground of great Tekken comp. There were some decent players, but the only one really worth mentioning is Josh Wong. Him and Matt (N-Stradt) are prolly the top best Philly players. Josh played pretty much 5.0 Steve exclusively.

A lot of lower level tournament level players will spit s**t about how they play in tournaments. The only time that ever comes out of my mouth is if somebody asks how I got so good or makes a comment about playing too much. I just say I like to play for money and go to tournaments, which leads to asking for a friendly bet. Usually shuts them up.  

Icege

BlueHeartShinigami

2,150 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Member 100
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:49 pm
Yeah, because alot of them say they won a couple and judging by how predictable they are, I know they weren't the real deal. So If I beat those guys like they're foot soldiers, then where do I stand?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:07 pm
Indigo_Blue
Yeah, because alot of them say they won a couple and judging by how predictable they are, I know they weren't the real deal. So If I beat those guys like they're foot soldiers, then where do I stand?

It depends. A lot of guys who spout that they win tournaments have really won maybe Gamestop tournaments that nobody knows (nor cares) about. They won't even make a dent in the tournament scene.

I remember rolling on some kid at ECC in my pool who was hella cocky. He had a bunch of friends there saying he was going to win because he beat them all in a house tournament. After I got done ******** him, he just straight dropped out. I felt bad, but good at the same time >.>  

Icege

Haruko89

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:57 am
IF ANYONE HERE THINKS THEY CAN BEAT ME WHEN I HAVE NINA THEY ARE MISTAKEN.

I make grown men cry in arcades. twisted

pretty much the ONLY person that can beat me is my sister. But we are completely equal, in seperate ways. I'm kinda like...a "charging forward and not letting you breathe" type of player. she's all about blocking and stratagizing... but we are of equal level.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:18 pm
Haruko89

I make grown men cry in arcades. twisted

pretty much the ONLY person that can beat me is my sister. But we are completely equal, in seperate ways. I'm kinda like...a "charging forward and not letting you breathe" type of player. she's all about blocking and stratagizing... but we are of equal level.

I see you are in New Jersey.

I've got family up there and might try and visit within the next coming weeks.

I'll play you and your sister first to 5 for $20 each. If you want, we can run it back double or nothing as well. smile  

Icege

BlueHeartShinigami

2,150 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Member 100
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:06 pm
Icege
Indigo_Blue

It depends. A lot of guys who spout that they win tournaments have really won maybe Gamestop tournaments that nobody knows (nor cares) about. They won't even make a dent in the tournament scene.

I remember rolling on some kid at ECC in my pool who was hella cocky. He had a bunch of friends there saying he was going to win because he beat them all in a house tournament. After I got done ******** him, he just straight dropped out. I felt bad, but good at the same time >.>

Well, they said they played in other cities, but they were probably first rounders. And If I can beat first rounders, I might just stand a chance.

Quote:

I make grown men cry in arcades.

You make grown men cry, eh?

I'll tell you like this. I'll be in Philly from 12/15 to 1/2/07. Come down to University Pinball and "make me cry". Or if you like console, come to Galaxy Video. I won't take your money ( unless you really want to lose 10$), we can play bragging rights.  
The Tekken Force

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff