Reply 21+
Oh no... it's a Sailor Moon thread. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AntoniaMerEnfant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:00 pm
yes, they had Lesbians... actually one of the best love stories in an anime ever if you ask me. Very cool.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:47 am
I loved sailor moon. I missed alot of it cause Cartoon Network. But I can watch them on youtube. I think it's refreshing to know that some males will admit they watched it  

Temarii_Uzumaki

lightsenshi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:06 am
No touching Minako-chan. She's mine. stare  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:49 am
omen210
O my....sailor moon my niece watches that show like 4-5years ago. Man....the cartoon chars. would talk dirty on there. I believe they had lesbos on that show. It's so unreal for children to watch ahha

Yeah... Because in a show that has talking cats and magical girls from outer space with attacks like mercury bubbles, the most unreal thing for children was the lesbianism. stare  

Seeress

lightsenshi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:22 pm
Seeress
omen210
O my....sailor moon my niece watches that show like 4-5years ago. Man....the cartoon chars. would talk dirty on there. I believe they had lesbos on that show. It's so unreal for children to watch ahha

Yeah... Because in a show that has talking cats and magical girls from outer space with attacks like mercury bubbles, the most unreal thing for children was the lesbianism. stare

Oh no. They're not lesbians. Just really, really, really, really, really, really close friends... 3nodding

Unless you happen to be talking about Haruka and Michiru, who definitely are.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:49 pm
Haruka and Michiru were so lovely, especially since during the S series the animators opted for the occassional artsy pastel shot- boo yeah. Hee hee.

I really don't mind GBL couples in fiction because I am quite supportive of them irl. I come from a family that strongly supports GLBT rights. I think if you're truly secure in your sexuality you shouldn't have any reason to fear or dislike individuals who gravitate towards members of the same sex.

As the saying goes, Manly men wear pink. biggrin heart biggrin  

AntoniaMerEnfant

Seeress

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:23 pm
lightsenshi

Oh no. They're not lesbians. Just really, really, really, really, really, really close friends... 3nodding

Unless you happen to be talking about Haruka and Michiru, who definitely are.

Um, yes, them being the lesbian couple, I was referring to them. xd The others fight over men far too often to be mistaken as anything other than heterosexual.

Uh, except I'm not even going to try to figure out the Sailor Stars... sweatdrop

AntoniaMerEnfant
As the saying goes, Manly men wear pink.

Hell yeah! I love a man who's secure enough to wear pink. Thankfully, mine is. xd  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:39 pm
Seeress

Uh, except I'm not even going to try to figure out the Sailor Stars... sweatdrop

They're Bisexual. *cough*literally*cough*  

lightsenshi

omen210

Snowfriend Architect

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:49 pm
Seeress
omen210

Yep...you do have a point there. It really surprises me that japenese people allowed the children to watch it over there. I'm guess it has a pg 17 rating in the USA. Over there I don't know, might have to ask someone about it.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:02 am
The Japanese are coming from a different culture... one which has had facets of sexuality (including homosexuality) and violence in their history for hundreds of years. When you go to a communal bath every week, you're not going to freak out at the sight of nudity.

Coming from an American background, I'm always just glad when cartoons don't treat kids like they're morons.

Believe it or not, it's possible for children to accept and understand homosexual relationships. My lesbian aunts just adopted a child, a ten-year-old boy who has no problem with it. My young cousins are around them all the time and all of them understand. None of them are scarred or confused just because they have two aunts, rather than an aunt and an uncle.

And really, making Haruka and Michiru in cousins, now THAT is confusing, because they were animated to look like they're in love. So American children, instead of seeing two girls in love, see two COUSINS in love. I fail to see how that's an improvement.  

Seeress

NessaChan
Crew

Sparkly Nerd

8,100 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:37 am
I agree, I'd have no problem letting children of any age watch it. It's not like there are any sex scenes or frank discussion of such issues.

Sailor Moon un-cut is still way, way, WAY more innocent than half the violent stuff kids can see on TV 24-hours a day, including REAL people getting shot and real violence that can be truely frightening. When I ran my Sailor Moon mailing list I eventually had to put in a disclaimer that occasionally what I might write about might not be acceptable to all people. (Though in my opinion, it was suitable for ALL AGES, I had a mother threaten me saying she did not like my promotion of "homosexuality," a word I never even used. -__-; )

I fail to understand how animated love (note: not sex) between two girls.. or the occasional animated boob (gasp!) is more corrupting to a child then seeing actual human people killed and abused... and don't say that they don't see it, because anyone flipping through the channels can see somebody getting their brains blown out. Yes, parents should be more involved, but the fact remains that most of them are not.

Anyway... yeah. I doubt I'll ever have kids, but if I did I would have no problem with them watching Sailor Moon. I watched it since I was 13 and I turned out fine. =P eek  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:49 am
NessaChan
Anyway... yeah. I doubt I'll ever have kids, but if I did I would have no problem with them watching Sailor Moon. I watched it since I was 13 and I turned out fine. =P eek

Fine is a relative term, my dear. xp  

lightsenshi

Archangel Lionheart

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:34 pm
Yes, fine is relative. I played video games and watched GI Joe when I was younger, and tend to be peaceful (only violent when absolutely necesary). However, I've seen people try to imitate. Truthfully, I blame that on the parents. I knew there was a difference between fantasy and real life, and right from wrong.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:45 pm
The cousins thing is bizzarre, an awkward cover up. As for the Stars.... hee hee @ lightsenshi. So very true. What's eerie is the transformation on that one. Transsexuals of the world, all along you could have done it the senshi way!

Sailor moon has some things considered off by western standards, but when you think about it, it's all about dichotomy where the good guys end up on top. I think Sailor Moon fans would riot if Pharoh 90 won, and Serena lost.

The untold real ending of S:

Sailor Saturn/Hotaru: Ah, I destroyed the world, and I don't feel like recreating it -shrugs-

Sailor Venus: This is worse than the manga! Where will we sleep?

Sailor Jupiter: You know... the grim reaper looks just like my old boyfriend...  

AntoniaMerEnfant

lightsenshi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:47 pm
AntoniaMerEnfant

Sailor Venus: This is worse than the manga! Where will we sleep?

You forgot this:
"I'm blonde and I can't find a date. In Japan!"  
21+

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas