Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kage no Gensou; A Yuugiou((Yugioh)) Guild

Back to Guilds

A friendly guild for any and all types of Yuugiou: Duel Monsters fans. 

Tags: Yuugiou, Yugioh, Duel Monsters, Anime, Manga 

Reply General Discussion
Petition for Millenium Items (just a thought) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you wish you could have a millenium item on gaia?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Gunpowder Valentine

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:32 pm
Ah, I had no idea there was another petition thread for Sennen/Yuugiou items. .__.

As some people mentioned before, I think all you'd really have to do to break the 'copyright infringement' is to slightly alter the item, such as something like a different symbol. Look at the Ninja Bands. They look exactly like the Naruto Ninja headbands, except for the sybmol on the front.

So for the Sennen Items, Kitsune Chan had said something about the puzzle being perfect to be able to transform into the other items. I totally agree, but only because if Gaia did make an item like the one we're talking about, I highly doubt they'd bother to make all seven items. So that's why I had suggested the 'morphing' thing. :B

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:54 pm
pixiestixryu
Isn't there already a sennen item petition going around?

I totally remember signing my support on that one, so I'm still all for it!

The petition would be stronger with a picture. Somebody please make one! surprised Even if you don't have self-confidence, try if you have any program above paint. I'm sure it would help the cause! =D

Well, if there's already one, and someone knows where it is... give us a heads up & we can just sign that petition & support them.  

Trisa Slyne

Trisa Slyne

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:55 pm
Kongouseki Ookami

Sorry, I take things too literally (points to rest of post), but if you ever do decide to create the petition though, I’d sign it!

Just one thing (This is about the other petition as well)...What bugged me when I read the word 'copyright'...Is the Key/Ankh. sweatdrop I feel like I'm nit-picking (and I probably am neutral ), but there is the fact that the Sennen Key/Ankh does not have an eye on it and therefore it cannot be changed, unless there is something added to it or the shape is changed, its design is under copyright law, so cannot be used as an item on Gaia.

P.S I'd be happy to volunteer to make some pictures.

Be my guest. No one's being specifically appointed as petition artist, so anyone who comes up with something good can post it.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:02 pm
Ohkami Majin
But see, the other thing about the ankh that kind of helps is that it's just is an ankh really, so even though it's a sennen item, there's technically nothing about it to break the copyright rule. But one could always just add the little "G" on it somewhere. And what I was thinking would be really cool for the rod is what if instead of just the regular wings it could have little gaia wings? Just a thought.

And that would be awesome if you wanna make the pictures, ookami. heart

and to pixiestix, there is already a petition for yuugiou items in general, including the senne items. But considering that we are planning on altering them to make them more gaia-like, I think that is a bit more likely to happen because of copyright laws.

Do you have a link to this petition? I'd like to see it.

It's probably easier if we alter them ourselves, b/c otherwise Gaia might alter them & we might not like the results. I wanna check out the other petition first... but we could always hold contests for people to create altered versions of the senen items & we vote on which ones we like best... (of course we'd be voting on the pics of one item at a time instead of voting on one person's whole group vs. another person's whole group... I dunno if I'm being clear... but I think you get what I mean...)  

Trisa Slyne

pixiestixryu

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:03 pm
I actually was talking about this petition in Kongouseki's siggy.
We could just alter the pictures to have the gaia g on them there, and we'd already have a few pages of signatures done if you guys combined the two. (Plus there's some other random ygo apparel to support in there too.)  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:14 pm
Here's an interesting idea I hadn't thought of about the diff items issue:

_-~ShoLuver~-_
Tesah
I am the Burger King
The problem with the who item thing is that Gaia would likely only make one item, being the puzzle. What would be really awesome is if you could wear it differently to make it look like all seven items. Even though that really doesn't seem possible, it would be so much cooler. :3

Anyone got any ideas on this?

Actually, I do. You notice how almost all 7 items are worn differently, right? Well, do you remember the box that Yuugi found the puzzle in? If they gave out that box, they could decide how they wanted to wear it, making it able to have all items with just one donation.

Kinda confusing, I know, but its the best I could think of.

It's a far more simpler solution. Though we'd still need to draw pictures, we wouldn't have to obsess over how we would make them all fit in together (especially w/ the eye... b/c we'd likely be changing the eye on the puzzle to a G... leaving us w/ a problem of getting an eye from a box... unless they put the G in the eye...)  

Trisa Slyne

Gunpowder Valentine

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:13 pm
I missed the whole 'box' idea. About that, you'd probably have to be able to equipt the box somehow too. There hasn't been a donation item that you have but can't wear the way it's basic form is shown. But I like that idea. It seems easy enough.

That other petition is nice, but it's a bit unorganized. gonk But I guess for Yuugiou items, I'll sign anyway. whee

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:01 pm
I am the Burger King
I missed the whole 'box' idea. About that, you'd probably have to be able to equipt the box somehow too. There hasn't been a donation item that you have but can't wear the way it's basic form is shown. But I like that idea. It seems easy enough.

I didn't think about equiping it... I guess I figured it'd be like the letters & would disappear after you chose... hm... that wouldn't work, would it? sweatdrop oh well, that's what this is for, figuring out ideas.

Quote:
That other petition is nice, but it's a bit unorganized. gonk But I guess for Yuugiou items, I'll sign anyway. whee

Well, once we get our ideas organized, we can maybe present it to the current petition and see if they want to incorporate it or w/e.  

Trisa Slyne

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:15 pm
Equiping the box shouldn't be much of a problem; it can just be a hold item. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:56 pm
KitsuneChan8888888
Equiping the box shouldn't be much of a problem; it can just be a hold item. 3nodding

Yeah, that's true. whee

Gunpowder Valentine

sora_uchiha

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:47 pm
I like that idea xp  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:48 am
I think a petition would be a great idea!
I would adore seeing a set of sennen items around Gaia.
I'd buy the whole set!!
heart

Ookami-chan: Copy-wolf!!

[~ Kabita Chiizu ~]

Trisa Slyne

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:10 pm
Anyone interested in creating the item should see the art contest thread I created recently. It's in the maim forum b/c I figured more people would see it there.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:09 pm
Tesah
Anyone interested in creating the item should see the art contest thread I created recently. It's in the maim forum b/c I figured more people would see it there.

By the way; do you want that new thread stickied? I mean, most of the guild was talking about the items petition and it might get more notice if it were. ^^  

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash