Welcome to Gaia! ::

STRANGER IN A STRANGE LAND (why aren't we cannibals.)

Back to Guilds

Reply General Discussion
news event Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aeaea
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:08 pm
Responding here instead of through that site I rarely visit.

Sorry I haven't said anything in a while! I couldn't think of anything to say, and I don't think I really have anything to say now, but hey who cares. How's that cold front doing?

As stated previously, 'scool man. Whenever I get my hands on a copy, I'll try the two builds. Apparently it has better graphics (obvious) (people do not buy new games unless they can perfectly render water reflections with blood dripping in from that epic battle that is happening on the shore), Deekin (who I never saw because I didn't get the expansions) in as an NPC and maybe tenant, no radial menu, insane system requirements and a fantastic editor. Still nothing about the story, but I am hopeful!

Apart from supplying terrible computers and some classes being really boring initially (?), is college ok?

We missed our first club day for some guy to talk about stationery so people can send us large amounts of money/cars, so I will have to see what happens on Monday.

It doesn't seem like that command would actually be useful for anything but setting friends on fire. I guess if everyone is being asinine at the same time? I don't know, I've never played CS online. It's probably not uncommon.

school:
-B in math becomes good over the course of a summer
-physics makes me want to die and get calculator games
-ewing would be an awesome grandmother
-schaeffer gives us candy and has a sense of humor and is less of a robot and goldfish cracker party
-williams college looks amazing
-no one can speak german, partially because we never spoke it (barring pointing out colors of clothing articles) in german i or ii
-pottery yay
-calc parties ^_^

watch this (and subsequent videos) and... i'm not sure, possibly never have the desire to eat again  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:45 am
i jus don wanna loose touch baby grill... u knoe hwat i mean??? its just like.....ur there, n im here, its so simple......but still....i miss u bayb.....i don wanna loose touch, thats all.....its jus something i need 2 do, u understand??

But seriously. Snot forcing you to reply on nothing.

Yeah, it has much better graphics. I bought it a few days back, and neither of my computers can run it. My laptop should be able to, but the only problem is that the graphics card shares system memory, causing that perfectly-rendered water to have an fps of 1. Deekin is really annoying; it is theoretically possible to drop him from your party and kill him, but I never have. What's good in the new one is the fact that you don't need to accept annoying and pretty much useless party members, because there is a much wider selection to begin with. What I've seen so far, though, looks great. There are tons of prestige classes, and even new classes in general. A sorcerer/paladin might actually work out as an Eldrich knight or something. It also appears as if you can take full control of your NPC party members, but it was difficult for me to tell.

Nah, college is lame. Thinking about ditching premed (bio and especially chem are the only two classes I can honestly say I ever did poorly in for reasons other than not caring) and going into something I'm probably naturally good at, like architecture (I know this because I am making sweet maps for deathmatch).

It normally turns up in the TK menu, so when someone on your team kills you, you can choose to have them burn to death next round.

-idk what that means
-but its ok you haven't gotten to the part where he hides donuts around the house for his children to scrap up yet (?)
-maybe
-!
-hmm maybe i should look at it
-obviously! I learned more French in the one year I took of it with Hvi(s/z)da than the 3 years of German I sadly wasted. I'm actually pretty good at languages, just not memorizing poems and doing schatsuche. Man, Frau was a terrible teacher...
-yes yay
-sweet

that was just painful to watch at times
as mentioned before: "im the fonz; eeeeeeaaa auuugh"  

Dobbs
Captain

Aeaea
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:25 pm
yeah... yeah i think i get what you're saying

That does not bode well for any of my systems. What/who is Deekin? Kobold bard or something? Also, do you still pick up people as you go/how many do you get (four like most people did in the normal games)? Prestige classes always looked like the most fun ones to me, but I never really played D&D indepth so all I have to go on is the few manuals I read. Sorcerer/paladin as a viable class seems sort of overpowered (especially as a not multiclass character) (like in diablo when you could be a warrior who knew every spell in the world and had them all maxed out and you could buy all of those potions to max out all of your stats, too? yeah) but also awesome. It's probably also more balanced than that.

I was thinking of going into linguistics as a general maybe interest, just so I don't have to feel stupid putting "undecided" all the time, but then there are brains (and the scrambling of specific bits of them, which is kind of interesting, as well as the fact that brains are mysterious lands) and the whole not being great at one specific area thing. You do seem more art- than science-oriented, though I'm not sure how well architecture transfers work. It probably wouldn't be difficult in the first year, should you come to any sort of conclusion about that.

-basically it means that i can slightly slack off in my maths and no one will care much! (last year i got two bs in my math classes and i got yelled at pretty hard because it bruised the family honor)
-no, just the part where everything is really mindless plugging things into formulas that are given on the sheet. it's good to know that i have loads more stories to look forward to.
-maybe yes
-!! but still evil. i think he just likes calc kids better. actually, he's been postponing our tests more often, too.
-the buildings are fantastic and half-old and a huge mish-mash of styles, there are loads of trees because it is in the middle of nowhere, and in the fall the ivy crawling up the sides was turning purple in places and.... it just looked comfortable. i base a lot of my opinion on a college on the way it looks. this probably isn't the best way to do things. (but it's also really good and really expensive and really impossible to get into)
-i don't know, i like frau a lot more than adams. at least frau knows german, and she's teaching us things instead of shoving books and worksheets at us and never formulating her own plans. they're both weird. schatzsuche... well, they teach as much as following links around wikipedia does, but the real problem (apart from being really stupid about item placement when frau will give full credit for something that is visually awful) is the deadline.
-these bullets just got huge

It was kind of hard for me to get through the first one (it's almost as though his parents gave him a box of Jell-O mix and a box of stuffing and shoved him in this studio so they could make money) (also just the fact that he never washed that cutting board or his hands and is eating the fruit with those chicken juice fingers), but after the impressions it got a lot easier.

+ Happy birthday! I remembered yesterday and there is a half-off Keith Haring sale at the Reading Museum, but I have no idea if you want/need a poster or if you have a specific favorite. So uh... just happy birthday.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:47 am
Deekin is to NWN as Jar Jar is to Star Wars. Instead of "meesa" he talks in 3rd person, but it's just as annoying. There's also the fact that he comes out of absolutely nowhere and has pretty much no reason to be in the storyline at all, just like Jar Jar.

There is a max of 4 party members, though I don't know where or how you acquire them. I imagine they're probably all loosely related to the story. Yeah, I'm finding the prestige classes rather exciting, lamely enough. The Eldrich one is pretty much like the spellcaster you mentioned (it's pretty much a fighter that gains spells/slots/spells per day) except maybe a bit more balanced. I don't know, monk/cleric is the default superclass I use when I'm playing on loser servers. It's tough to level up, but pretty good at level 20 or 40, or whatever is set as the max.

brains wwhat ?
I think I could handle being a neurologist, but maybe not the classes leading up to being one, at least not without studying much. Plus, grad school seems to be an extra 4 years of nothing but tedious shatzsuche, like a 50 page proposal to a 300 page thesis.

-oh cool (but also sad)
-they can offset the beach boys playing in the background during tests, I think. Plus, physics day was pretty good, especially since everyone non-stupid in the class decided to share the work and get everything done in 10 minutes. Also powdered sugar all over brandon's face, except for where his sunglasses were.
-oh
-maybe he finally ran off all his angries
-nah, I'm here because it was more comfortable than the alternatives. Oh, well I guess I wouldn't be able to go there.
-I can't stand adams. There's a teacher that talks in her deliberate textbook Spanish in the language hall, and I'm afraid it might be her. They were both on the German trip; adams sat next to me and forced me to talk about my plans (none) on the bus when brandon abandoned me to go whore chikxz
-yeah

at least the end result lookd ok how did he do that. It was kind of interesting to see how he replicated things he had seen or heard other people do, and how he was obviously only ever told that these things are bad and thats why you have to get rid of them because they are bad.

ns, ty : )
You don't have to buy anything maregert! I already have two anyway, and I would want you to waste money on something I might already have. tx  

Dobbs
Captain

Aeaea
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:57 pm
I thought he might be better than that. :/ Oh well, at least he doesn't doom the world or anything.

(the following paragraph is long and rambly and probably not going to answer any question you have but fffffffff)

When I went to Carnegie Mellon to check it out (back when it was my dream to go to CMU), I attended a class (cognitive neuropsychology) with a friend and it was really interesting and the professor was awesome. (She was from South Africa, so she had a bit of an accent, and she kept telling really dry jokes.) There was this woman in France who had part of her brain asphyxiate (I guess? there was carbon monoxide in an enclosed area, so it started to die, but then she got out somehow) and a bunch of tests were conducted on her, and her spatial skills were shot but she could still draw and picture things from memory, just not in front of her. Like if a book was placed in front of her and she was asked to draw, the picture might be a line with some other lines around it, but if asked to draw a book from memory she'd draw something that looked like a book, or if she were asked to reach for something in front of her she'd reach normally but if she were asked to estimate the size of anything she'd be really off. Most of the experiments with her were thrown out because the results were never replicated, so the validity couldn't be tested... and then various experiments with monkeys, experiments with people and showing them a picture of a house on fire and a house not on fire (with no other differences) and asking them which they'd rather live in, they'd always say the one that wasn't on fire but they'd make up bogus reasons, like "it looks nicer" or "it's bigger" and never mention that, you know, you wouldn't die if you lived in it. Then there were some parts about contralesional perception being affected, so people only notice things that happen in one eye but aren't really blind in the other eye, they just don't remember anything that's happening... weird things. I don't know, I just found it really interesting. Maybe just that class. I don't really know what I'd do with brains, anyway, as I'm not interested in doctoring.

Also duddddde this is college studying is perfectly fine! It's hard to learn much without studying, anyway, unless you are a really awesome aural learner. (possible)

-as cool as math can be (which is as cool as mr t, so it depends)
-physics day!!!!!!!!!!!- will be ok i hope
- --
-oh no there are still plenty of angries there. (someone forgot how many cards are in a deck, hahahae not surprising)
-where else were you looking to go?
-i just remember her being pretty inept and never being alone with her for long periods of time if i could help it and i hope not but it could be.

It's an illusion or he's not that bad at cooking, just really unlucky, unhygienic and speech impediment-y. And he is most emphatic about his salad preparation, so either that's the part he's been prepped on most or he just really does it because he loves salads.

(extended break due to thanksgiving and relatives)  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:19 pm
cool
(really though)
I guess the reason I like branes is more related to personal and family stuff. Deaths because of weird seizures, tumors, chemicals, etc. I've pretty much always been interested in the mechanisms of the human mind, though, since they pretty much encompass the entire accepted reality, from religion to really weird fetishes you wish people would stop talking about because you really don't care
But I am super-sweet with map building for HL2 (difficult!), so I'm thinking I should do something that comes just as naturally to me. A friend of mine wants to become a level designer, so I guess I'll ask him how that is in 5 or so years. Architecture and engineering (CAD-wise) is also pretty much the same thing, as far as the "skill" aspect.

Did I say it doesn't really matter what your degree is if you don't pan on going into a skilled field of work? Probably won't make the big bux, but you can always get a quick and easy accelerated degree later.

idkkkk
I'm not really a normal person, as far as studying goes. Even if I do study, it doesn't help me much at all. This isn't as bad as it sounds, though, since I'll remember anything that isn't completely uninteresting to me without needing to look over it twice. I've heard it called a handicapped photographic memory, though that sounds too good for what it is. I don't notstudy because I think it's lame to care or anything, it just doesn't work.

This is assuming cramming the half hour before a test isn't studying.

uh oh
margret do your work !
scream  

Dobbs
Captain

Aeaea
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:52 pm
well hm  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:54 am
scream  

Dobbs
Captain

Dobbs
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:51 pm
-
-
-
- g wiz
- Meh. I thought of going to Arcadia, since it's a castle and all, but I really disliked it once I visited. I wish I could describe the tone in which the dean and professors spoke, because it's essential in grasping the mood of the place. Also other stuff. Then there was phillyU, which looks alright, but is in philly. rrrr
- she has "a look about her" that seems like she's constantly fighting back an explosive rage.

I don't know, he must like salads a lot to feel the desire to turn a cough into an mmmmm-mmmm!

oh yeah, I'm playing NWN2 now
the graphics are pretty cool (extra bumpy dirt !)
+ warlock seems to be a good choice for a caster/combator
they used a lot of the same music and voices, though  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas