Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Why pronounce it like THAT?? :O Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Oh no! It's Prince...
  Diamond and Sapphire!
  Demando and Saffiel!
  Demand and Sapphiru!
  They're both cool! Don't care what you call 'em!
  Pokemon Sapphire? What? :P
  I don't really care.
View Results

HardCandyHitsugi

2,450 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:49 am
I just say the way it was made to be in Japan because I've become so used to it...after I found out how bad America butchered Sailor Moon I just decided to follow what was show in Japan and love that version...

But it could also be because I have a certain distaste for America, who knows...anyone would after listening to Anti-Flag for a good 20 minutes...  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:42 pm
I use what ever is easiest when it comes to names that are close. But when it comes down to the senshi and their friends I like the japanese names more than the english names, and thus I use those instead.  

Ryuondo

Rabbit-eyes

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:37 am
HardCandyHitsugi
I just say the way it was made to be in Japan because I've become so used to it...after I found out how bad America butchered Sailor Moon I just decided to follow what was show in Japan and love that version...

But it could also be because I have a certain distaste for America, who knows...anyone would after listening to Anti-Flag for a good 20 minutes...

I don't hate my country, but do I hate it's dubbing for most stuff. ^.^
(And yes, I think our government is full of stupid.)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:40 am
Ryuondo
I use what ever is easiest when it comes to names that are close. But when it comes down to the senshi and their friends I like the japanese names more than the english names, and thus I use those instead.

Yup, I use the Japanese senshi names unless talking to people who only familiar with the American dub.  

Rabbit-eyes

[+Lost Wonderland+]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:06 pm
Want to know why I pronounce it like the Japanese?

1. That is how the original is said, and that is how it should be pronounced. I mean, if these were real people and came to English speaking countries they would not say, "Hello, my is Diamond." No, instead they would say Demando. And to be polite (and in order from to respond when you say their name) you would say it in that manner.

2. I am a Japanese major in college. I speak Japanese back and forth in my classes, and in the Japanese club on campus. So pronouncing them like that just comes naturally.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:19 pm
[+Lost Wonderland+]
Want to know why I pronounce it like the Japanese?

1. That is how the original is said, and that is how it should be pronounced. I mean, if these were real people and came to English speaking countries they would not say, "Hello, my is Diamond." No, instead they would say Demando. And to be polite (and in order from to respond when you say their name) you would say it in that manner.

2. I am a Japanese major in college. I speak Japanese back and forth in my classes, and in the Japanese club on campus. So pronouncing them like that just comes naturally.

Ah, but if you want to get super-technical, the villains are from different planets, not Japan or Earth at all. xd If the character were real, and spoke Japanese, I'd call him "Diamando". If he spoke english, then I'd call him "Diamond". But either way, he'd just want to drain my energy and use it for evil purposes, so whatever I called him wouldn't matter much in the long run.
But yeah, I see your point. It's just that if his name is from an english word, I feel it might as well be pronounced that way.

Rabbit-eyes

Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces