Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's official Graphic Design Guild for all things profiles, logos, graphics and much much more! 

Tags: Graphic, Design, Digital art, Photoshop, Profiles 

Reply The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild
Who owns a drawing tablet? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you have a drawing tablets
Yeah
47%
 47%  [ 8 ]
Nope
29%
 29%  [ 5 ]
Do you think im rich?
23%
 23%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 17

SilverVixen
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:28 pm
Avis-yam
Luckily, my birthday is soon so yay TABLET HERE I COME! Anyone have suggestions on brands?

If its affordable for whoever would buy it for you, I highly recommend Wacom, I've tried another brand and it just didn't compare. biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 8:52 pm
Avis-yam
Luckily, my birthday is soon so yay TABLET HERE I COME! Anyone have suggestions on brands?
I would suggest Wacom Graphire3, but thats just me.. not much is offered locally, and its hard to really get a sense of quality online.. I love the no wires/batteries setup wacom offers, and I've had it a couple years now. so far it hasn't let me down. I saw another brand mentioned here. Safest bet would be getting one you have heard about from someone here.

Anyone have any tablet horror stories about brands to avoid?  

Bolweevil

DuctTapeEd

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:43 am
ive been looking for a cheap Wacom, but havent found one yet. i may just have to bite the bullet and buy one at the usual price. now that ive got a job i dont mind so much. i just want one by the end of this month so i can use if in my Interactive Media class.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:11 pm
That is on my long list of things i want.. sweatdrop I'm glad to read that you can get a pretty inexpensive one and what you suggest is better that helps... whee  

Vickles

Katherdante

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:32 pm
I have the Intuos3 9x12 --> it was $449.95 ninja

It is muh baby! gonk heart

Here is some fan art of us togeather!

Tis entitled, "Mr. Tablet and Me"

User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:43 am
J0EL
I want one but they're just too expensive crying
i no i want one too but cant afford one either. crying  

peeguin07

dievian

400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:35 am
I actually found using a tablet harder than a mouse or maybe i'm just not used to it  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:31 am
I'm tryin 2 get 1 myself. As a matter of fact my father is comin 2 visit 4 the weekend.Yea I'll bother him about it. He already said he'd get 1 4 me so this is the perfect opportunity mrgreen  

StreetFame

dievian

400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:47 am
I was also supposed to be getting a new one for xmas this year whee but I want it now gonk  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:07 pm
I have one, I got it out of a half price discount bin as V.O.S. I thought it would take forever to get used to but I caught on almost right away. Mine's just a little Wacom Graphire but its made art on the computer happen a hell of a lot faster then before and I can draw as well now.... I'm am always impressed by those that can draw and do good work with a mouse though.  

Bob_the_evil_Faerie

Sparkly Lunatic

Bolweevil

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:46 pm
http://www.digitalgraphicsresources.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=619
I drooled, then I got sharp stabby chest pains when I got down to the price.

Flash tour:
http://www.wacom.com/lcdtablets/21UX_tour.cfm

Wacom, why do you taunt me and my limited funds? gonk  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:08 pm
I just got my tablet a couple weeks ago, a Graphire4 (4X5). I love it. 3nodding

Cost a good $100 though. sweatdrop  

IzumiZagari

Koiyuki

Mind-boggling Codger

1,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:08 am
Bolweevil
http://www.digitalgraphicsresources.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=619

Flash tour:

OMGWTFBBQSAUCE!? Did that say $3,000!?

._.

*kicks self for being poor*

Maybe if my webcomic gets big, I can put it my busniess expense. rofl  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:27 pm
Koiyuki
Bolweevil

Flash tour:

OMGWTFBBQSAUCE!? Did that say $3,000!?

._.

*kicks self for being poor*

Maybe if my webcomic gets big, I can put it my busniess expense. rofl
Yes, it says $3000. And from what I understand, they are in limited supply. They aren't exactly churning them out at alarming rates.

Maybe I'll hit the lotto and buy y'all one, after I get a few for myself..

I'll probably learn to draw somewhere along the line before that happens, so that I could properly take advantage of a $3000 drawing instrument.  

Bolweevil

rogue_designer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:15 am
fwiw - I've used the cintiq tablets, and while it's nice being able to draw right on the image... I didn't really go gaga over it.

It was heavy and hot, so didn't work well at lap level - and there is some parallax issues with close work (the pen sits a little bit off the image surface, so lining up precisely gets interesting). It also seemed to be slightly less sensitive than a regular tablet - but that could have been a calibration issue, since I was borrowing it and couldn't really spend to time to work out kinks.

Don't get me wrong. It was nice. Really nice... just not worth the high cost to me.

For my money, I'd buy a large regular intous tablet, and an extra nice calibrated monitor (dual monitor set ups are fun to work with) ... and spend the extra on a few months worth of pocky and black black gum.

And renew my subscription to Communication Arts... and probably my Art Institute Membership... and my AIGA membership (didn't mean to let that lapse... gets expensive tho) redface  
The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff