Submit

Agree?
  No many are placed wrong
  Yes
  Disccusing points
View Results

Ayane Kriyo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:26 pm
I just took a second look at the list, and there isn't a single Yoshi to be found.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:12 pm
Yoshi's not that high anyway...

good mixup, crap damage...  

Shin Oni

Kradvity

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:37 am
Isn't Anna a top tier again? Is she stronger, is her range better? I've only played DR a couple of times.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:59 am
I wouldn't say she's top tier. She's got good launchers, good mix-ups (FC,d/f+2 and FC,f+2), decent poke game, etc. She's not overbearing though.  

Icege

Kradvity

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:12 am
Icege
I wouldn't say she's top tier. She's got good launchers, good mix-ups (FC,d/f+2 and FC,f+2), decent poke game, etc. She's not overbearing though.

Okay, not top, but higher than before. Which is good enough.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:35 pm
Miyavi San
Actually...A.King should be B, So is Dragonuv, and Jin should be A. I kno Jin's move and how others play. Too bad Jin users (other then me) doesnt kno how to use him very properly or at the right time. And hes hard to use due to the lack of low attacks and such.

Really? Just how do you play with Jin?

Honestly, I'd have given Jin a higher ranking (B+). But that's just me. Jin doesn't have alot of good low attacks, but who needs low attacks when it's easy for him to switch on his attacks? He has excellent defense and offense, he strikes fast. If only he'd kept the Mishima fighting style... crying That's the only reason Devil Jin ranked higher. In my opinion, Jin is better. My Jin has yet to lose to a Devil Jin player. But hey, tiers aren't made by opinion but by popularity and effectiveness. If it were up to me, the highest tier would be Steve, Bruce, Jin, King and Law.  

BlueHeartShinigami

2,150 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Member 100
  • Consumer 100

Miyavi San

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:25 pm
Indigo_Blue
Miyavi San
Actually...A.King should be B, So is Dragonuv, and Jin should be A. I kno Jin's move and how others play. Too bad Jin users (other then me) doesnt kno how to use him very properly or at the right time. And hes hard to use due to the lack of low attacks and such.

Honestly, I'd have given Jin a higher ranking (B+). But that's just me. Jin doesn't have alot of good low attacks, but who needs low attacks when it's easy for him to switch on his attacks? He has excellent defense and offense, he strikes fast. If only he'd kept the Mishima fighting style... crying That's the only reason Devil Jin ranked higher. In my opinion, Jin is better. My Jin has yet to lose to a Devil Jin player. But hey, tiers aren't made by opinion but by popularity and effectiveness. If it were up to me, the highest tier would be Steve, Bruce, Jin, King and Law.

check out the Tekken Match Vids thread I made. Look at any RoyalFlush matches and thats how I usually play.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:12 am
Indigo_Blue
Miyavi San

I dunno about A.King being B status...but he holds his own in his tier.

Jin....uh..compared to T4 Jin, yea he obviously won't be high. but Jin lacks old school LS. ehh...I don't really touch T5 Jin (especially DR.) but he does have his own traditional ground move like his father and granddad (looks like it's d+2 on grounded opponents.)

Jin's lows are fine. you still have d+4. uh...d+3+4 is ok. still not that great though seeing if blocked, you can easily launch him due to that slow recovery (i've always haded his d+3+4 anyway..) u/f+4 is alittle better.  

Shin Oni

BlueHeartShinigami

2,150 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Member 100
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:52 am
Shin Oni
Indigo_Blue
Miyavi San

Jin....uh..compared to T4 Jin, yea he obviously won't be high. but Jin lacks old school LS. ehh...I don't really touch T5 Jin (especially DR.) but he does have his own traditional ground move like his father and granddad (looks like it's d+2 on grounded opponents.)

Jin's lows are fine. you still have d+4. uh...d+3+4 is ok. still not that great though seeing if blocked, you can easily launch him due to that slow recovery (i've always haded his d+3+4 anyway..) u/f+4 is alittle better.

Jin d+3+4 is something you have to work in, because experienced players can see right through it. I usually use the simple combo 1,2,3, d+3+4 ( which works on most intermediate players.). But the problem I see with most Jin players is that they depend on that kick too much and get punished more than they should.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:17 am
Shin Oni
Indigo_Blue
Miyavi San

d+3+4 is attrocious unless you're using it after a low parry, punch parry, or CH d/f+3. It's RIDICULOUSLY punishable and the follow-ups just aren't that good.

If you've got people who don't understand the concept of blocking and not having to attack after everything, I'd use u/f+4 or iWS+2 over d+3+4 any day of the week. u/f+4 is (or is close to) the same speed and gives you much better damage. Same with iWS+2.

Jin is lacking in the low department. All he really has is d+4 and Hellsweep. d+4 means you don't get generic d+4 which is in it's own right a nice move. His hellsweep gets destroyed as well on block and is much easier to see than other Mishima hellsweeps.

He's solid mid. He's got great tracking and awesome pokes. He has nothing that really stands out above and beyond though.

Armour King would be at MOST mid. He was originally thought of as bottom tier, but he's got some things. He's unorthodox but is lacking some solid launchers. He's got some goofyness though.

Devil Jin is ranked higher because he's got d/f+4,4, EWGF (launch), more damager for juggles and on the wall, better lows, better throws, tracks just as well, better punishers, etc. You won't lose to a Devil Jin while playing against Jin because US Mishimas are trash. Very few US players can play Mishimas well (Bane, bacon's extra, KaNe, JinKid, AlexMan, Mad Ocx, etc). Playing against a good Devil Jin is horrible because you cannot sidestep without risking 45%. On top of that, he lacked good crushes in 5.0. Now he's got d/b+2 (not great, but decent) and u/f+4 (GREAT move).  

Icege

BlueHeartShinigami

2,150 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Member 100
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:54 am
Quote:
Devil Jin is ranked higher because he's got d/f+4,4, EWGF (launch), more damager for juggles and on the wall, better lows, better throws, tracks just as well, better punishers, etc. You won't lose to a Devil Jin while playing against Jin because US Mishimas are trash. Very few US players can play Mishimas well (Bane, bacon's extra, KaNe, JinKid, AlexMan, Mad Ocx, etc). Playing against a good Devil Jin is horrible because you cannot sidestep without risking 45%. On top of that, he lacked good crushes in 5.0. Now he's got d/b+2 (not great, but decent) and u/f+4 (GREAT move).

Oh, really? Then I have to play the non US Mishima players. Are they really that better? And in the meantime, where are these good US Mishima players?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:13 pm
Indigo_Blue
Quote:

Oh, really? Then I have to play the non US Mishima players. Are they really that better? And in the meantime, where are these good US Mishima players?

JinKid - OK/TX
AlexMan - CA
KaNe - CA
Mad Ocx - NYC
Bane - ATL
bacon's extra - SC

Yes. Mishimas are Godlike when you've got solid execution and experience. You CANNOT whiff a move, or do a move that is -13 on block because you WILL be EWGF which will lead to 40%, potentially 60% if you guess wrong afterwards (or they'll flat out do 45%). Then you've got to deal with wavedash mix-ups that are a complete guessing game. If you try to poke them out, you'll get hit with EWGF or they'll backdash cancel and EWGF the whiff. If you try to go high or duck, they'll go into iWS+2 which will launch you and it'll end just like it would have if they had EWGF. They've got access to all their throws, and they've got a Hellsweep which will not end well for you.

US players just don't play as often as Koreans and the Japanese due to the size of the country as well as our culture. As a result, it's very hard to find good Mishima players because they require constant practice and playtime.  

Icege

BlueHeartShinigami

2,150 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Member 100
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:42 pm
Well, do you fear them, Icege? It sounds like suicide but I think I just found a new goal. If there's a whole different level of Mishimas out there then I have to face one!  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:15 pm
Icege
Indigo_Blue
Quote:

JinKid - OK/TX
AlexMan - CA
KaNe - CA
Mad Ocx - NYC
Bane - ATL
bacon's extra - SC

Yes. Mishimas are Godlike when you've got solid execution and experience. You CANNOT whiff a move, or do a move that is -13 on block because you WILL be EWGF which will lead to 40%, potentially 60% if you guess wrong afterwards (or they'll flat out do 45%). Then you've got to deal with wavedash mix-ups that are a complete guessing game. If you try to poke them out, you'll get hit with EWGF or they'll backdash cancel and EWGF the whiff. If you try to go high or duck, they'll go into iWS+2 which will launch you and it'll end just like it would have if they had EWGF. They've got access to all their throws, and they've got a Hellsweep which will not end well for you.

US players just don't play as often as Koreans and the Japanese due to the size of the country as well as our culture. As a result, it's very hard to find good Mishima players because they require constant practice and playtime.

lol KaNe is in the list, the DJ player.
and whats whiff again?...
anyway, yeah its hard to find good mishima players. Often in the US or Canada (I manage to find time) theres schoolwork and jobs we have to go which takes alot of our time. so less time to practise.

Other notes:
Your right, Jin lacks low attacks. d+4 is ok and so is hellsweep (unless i thinking the wrong thing) which makes Jin players rely on sidestepping/frames/etc.

d+3+4, I only use em if I ever feel the need. Unless it has the same properties as Asuka (first strike is a low then mid, but for Jin its all mid) it might be worth a bit.

Theres also some ways to launch other then iWS+2, and u/f4. Theres d/f+2, cds,d/f+1 (its basically f,n,d/f+1), and unless its been blocked, f,f+3,1 (then either 1,2~2,2,3 or other ones I forgotten)  

Miyavi San

Icege

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:34 am
IB: Fear? Never and nobody. Respect? Highly.

Miyavi: d+3+4 hits mid first. It's Jin's low parry punisher. Whiffing is when you attack and it hits nothing but air. d/f+2 needs to be CH to launch, and chances of hitting that are slim. CDS+1 (electric version) is great for wake up since it's only jab punishable, which makes it a viable option as opposed to iWS+2. The axe kick launcher isn't a real launcher and kinda sucks. Let me take that back. It's not bad, but there are better options.  
The Tekken Force

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff