Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
Has this ever happened before? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How about some free gold?
  OK! ^-^
View Results

Kodocha579

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:36 pm
elfy- a purebred. (ha reminds me of harry potter) =)

people never know what i am becuase im so many things.

ive been called alot:
mexican
japanese
korean
& chinese.

etc etc.

bc im not full asian or whatever its hard for people to tell.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:54 pm
InDaBox
shinelover
i've been mistaken as japanese by other japanese ppl XD i dun really mind much i guess....coz no one really goes on and on about it..

i was only mistaken as a jap coz i was speaking it though...O__o

everyone can tell i'm chinese....but when they ask i prefer saying i'm honky (hong kong nese)

ppl do tend to ask random questions when they know ur nationality....but ppl dun ask if i know kung fu since i'm a girl...funny thing is i did learn it XD haha~~ aii the stereotypes of nationalities and of coz gender~~

DO you know what honky is? eek

It's a racial slur for a white guy.

lol yes i do know it. ppl remind me often enough...but it's also a slang for ppl who come from hong kong...coz for some reason we dun realli like it too much when ppl say we're from china...(long story..i hav nothing against ppl from china though!)  

shinelover

shinelover

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:59 pm
most non-asians can't tell the difference from the different races under the category of "ASIAN" so yeh....and if another fellow asian asked and guessed wrong...well for me it's coz i was speaking a diff language (eg jap...) then they reckon u mite be jap..but most can tell the diff though...at least the asians i know can XD  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:31 am
shinelover
most non-asians can't tell the difference from the different races under the category of "ASIAN" so yeh....and if another fellow asian asked and guessed wrong...well for me it's coz i was speaking a diff language (eg jap...) then they reckon u mite be jap..but most can tell the diff though...at least the asians i know can XD

是啊。。我知道。 有時,他們告訴我是中國人。哈哈 rolleyes  

wukung

Niphredil Ithilmir

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:47 am
Sin ish part French?! surprised -tackleglomprape- ninja  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:45 am
Yeah.. it's happened to me a few times. Being called Japanese mostly because I really like anime and also people think I look like an anime girl! Dx
But Oh well... To deal with it I just go "I'm not ____!!! I'm chinese! Sheesh!"
The ______ is to state whatever nationality they just called or asked if you were that nationality! xD So yeah! ^___^

dazziOs

MjauZi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:08 am
Yeah.
I'm Chinese (Cantonese), and these idiots in my class keep saying something in Vietnamese to me. I have no idea what they're saying. xD
But I think it's "Your mother." It's something like "Do ma" with some accents and whatnot.

And they often say
"JAPPANEEEZ. I herd dat ur pusies r tite, lol. Wana f**?"

That's when I kick their balls. xDD

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:15 pm
MjauZi
Yeah.
I'm Chinese (Cantonese), and these idiots in my class keep saying something in Vietnamese to me. I have no idea what they're saying. xD
But I think it's "Your mother." It's something like "Do ma" with some accents and whatnot.

And they often say

Ummm...ok.  

Yume Tsuki

xiiao-ai

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:55 pm
MjauZi
Yeah.

And they often say

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

They`re saying '******** Your Mum' basically.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. || My doorknob owns You. || User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:03 pm
uhm lotsa people think im korean...but i dont really mind ^^"
sometimes i go along with it and say "yes, i am korean." kekeke and so yea...or sometimes i correct them and im like no im not korean o.O  

kurry_x3

feel_the_rhythm

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:56 pm
People keep thinking I'm Japanese. They also think my dad's Japanese. There was once, when we were walking to go to a shop, and some person just spoke to us in Japanese. (By the way, I'm Taiwanese. I was in Taiwan..) We were sort of clueless, sort of not, because we both knew the language. I just gave them a sheepish smile and walked away. *sighs* That was when I was 8.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:55 pm
Niphredil Ithilmir
Sin ish part French?! surprised -tackleglomprape- ninja

Lol, are you surprised at that? rofl There are a ton of Viets here in Melbourne and Sydney. Sin's parents most likely came to Australia in 1975 or sometime after.

Snow: Yeah I'm a pureblood Chinese alright. cool I lived through the Tiananmen Massacre, and saw the great leader Deng Xiaoping before I came to Australia. But that's as much as I know of the first 4 years of existence. Everything apart from that is completely fuzzy. xd  

Minielf

sillymoomoo0

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:06 pm
One of my best friends originally thought i was japanese! English people can be so bad at guessing nationalities lol lol *hides behind sofa waiting for someone to throw rocks at her* (BTW i'm chinese and living in England)  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:49 pm
sum spanish guy thought i was a white guy stare
i'm 100% chinese dude.......  

chink-e

[Bab! Co.]

7,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:11 am
I like when people mistakes me, though, they only mistakes me as viet...I want me mistaken as japanese. xp  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff