Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sorasnobodyroxas

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:21 am
use reflectga  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:57 pm
well your 2nd Jump can deflect like one or 2. (it can be done but it's very DANGEROUS!)  

Greenk4

dante_sparta

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 8:35 am
it took me a long time to beat him the first time. just keep tryin with the stratigies you learn here.  
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 8:48 pm
Ultima Weapon works here. (second runner up is Desicive Pumpkin because of the effect.)  

Greenk4

Divine Zim

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:55 pm
u have 2 be at least lvl 80 and have lvl 1 of glide (keep lvling up the final form by beating nobodies, until a pop-up thing says that u have "Glide lvl1")
although i didnt beat him myself...... sweatdrop blaugh scream ...........it might work  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:19 pm
Lol I beat Sephiroth at lvl 64 on Expert mode.... All I did was spam attacks and dodge when he does those really fancy looking moves xd Also when he does something that looks like it might be un-dodgable spam, uhh what's it called... The Shieldy thing lol I think it's Aeroaga  

Inabikari Foxx

Xashowd

Ferocious Warrior

31,475 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Screeching Savior 100
  • Master Slayer 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:21 pm
Sephy is hard. That much is true. Here are a few tips I have for him:

For starters, all the abilities the guys mentioned before are good ones, but it's recommended you have Glide at lvl.2 So that you can skim the ground(Just get Final Form up to lv.5 and you'll get it). Another good one is Retaliating Strike. It's true, the guy sucks at air combat in the game, so use this and all sorts of aireal abilities to your advantage. Tip with RS, use it after he hits you up into the air the moment he warps back in and smash him with combos, This helps. Another good attack opening is after his only reaction command. After he uses it, it leaves him wide open to a counter attack. Also, make sure you are on the ground often. That way, when he uses the attack, you can use the Reaction Command. The reaction won't work if you are up in the air.

Magnega Is good for deflecting the dark spheres, but make sure you're not locked on to sephy when you use it, otherwise it'll lock onto him, and it may not work. it is reccomended that after you use Magnega, to instantly lock back on to Sephirothe.

When he starts to float in the air and says "Sin Heartless Angel", YOU HAVE TO STRIKE HIM(!), or it will hurt. As previously mentioned, that attack lowers your HP to 1 and your MP to 0. Aireal Dodge and Glide are recommended to get to him faster, but If you can't get to him on time, you'll need to use an Elixer. Make sure to have plenty on hand.

The Ultima Weapon is highly recommended, as previously mentioned by others.

To dodge the Meteor attack, make sure you're locked on to Sephy, and Glide(this is part of why Glide lv.2 is recommended). Make sure to go in circles away from the meteors, this will minimize your chances of being hit. If you are hit, Aireal Recovery is also a good ability to have equipped, so that you can recover and continue gliding.

Simply running away isn't always a good thing to do, jumping helps. Especially later on when he is surrounded by that purple aura, cause that's when his ground attack range increases by at least 2x. Make sure to be on the ground as often as possible, though, so that when the Reaction pops up, you can be ready.

And those are all my own tips for beating Sephy. Other than that, just be at a high level, have good armor and whatnot equipped, and just hope to get really lucky. Hope this helps all those who really need to beat Sephirothe. Just to remind you(in case you don't know by now), you get Fenrir after beating him, and finishing the following scene with Cloud.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:04 pm
im trying to find out where clouds nobody is does anyone know  

Ryu-Justin Uchiha

Jyxmere

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:56 pm
some tips that may be useful

1. mash triangle at the beginning of battle. Flash HURTS

2. in his first form, all he really does is his 13-hit sword combo. guard once, and use counter guard to start a combo. he may use an occasional Firaga Pillar, but im not sure.

3. his second form (he'll say "know your place") he generally starts with dark orbs. use Refelct magic to counter them. guarding only takes away like 2, and attacking them is a waste of time.

4. when he does Firaga Pillar, glide or quick run away. and keep running, cuz its like a magnet, and will pull you in (you can also use Trinity Limit to do some damage at this point, but i suggest to save your MP)

5. he will also start use the worst attack in the game, Heartless Angel. you'll know its coming, cuz the screen will turn dark. find him right away and attack him. you'll need (at least) a high jump and airial dodge lvl 2 to reach him in time. its possible to use cure at just the right time to survive with leaf bracer equipped, but really hard to get the timing just right.

6. when he goes into his third form (the screen will go dark and he will start to glow purple) he is much faster, his 13-hit combo has a much longer range, and pretty difficult to guard against. he will always summon a lot of dark orbs. and he will start to use

7. meteor. fairly easy to dodge. high jump one direction, airial dodge the opposite direction (right then left worked like a charm for me, i was never hit) its possible to glide and avoid damage, but i found this difficult to do.

8. if you are at lvl 90+, once he has about 1 and 1/2 life bars left, do trinity limit to finish him off. be sure to have combination boost equipped for 3 possible hits

9. at any time during this fight, if you are knocked in the air, wait till he teleports next to you. use the retaliating slash followed by the maximum number of horizontal slashes you can do (strongest airial non-finisher attack, and it adds one more hit onto your air combo) if your berserk at this point, say goodbye to about 1 1/2 of sephy's life bars before he teleports back to the ground.

and thats how i beat sephy on proud lvl 58 with oblivion. hope it helps  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:35 pm
everything that everyone has mentioned is great! but i beat Sephiroth at freaking lvl 1! yes lvl1! its good to get EXP 0 at the begining of the game when you are roxas because it makes sora gain EXP but never lvl up. other wise just do what everyone else said and youll do great!  

_Manpish_

Distinct Informer

2,900 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

gambit girl 90

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:36 pm
I think that tips have been covered so instead I have a really cool story to tell. I beat Sephiroth in the second game with only one HP left!
My little sister wanted me to beat him for her because she didn't want to and I thought well I am gonna die but it will be fun. She was a level sixty something and I got everything set up to go and fight him. I used all of the reaction commands and fought him until he had one bar left on his HP and I was about half health. It was then he did that one attack that sapps you r HP and MP, I forget what it is called, and so I went to use an Elixer only to find that I had used the last of them already. I am already saying that I am going to die, I only have one HP and no MP, so basically I hit his reaction command for when he slashes you and he is standing there and I run over and just wail on the dude. I could not beleive it when I blocked his alttacks and such while I fought him. Then finally I beat him with only one HP and I was so freaked out. I had been so sure that I was gonna die!! Me and my sister were all yelling at the tv and laughing. We both couldn't beleive what I jus did. I was pretty pround of myself for a while.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:14 pm
You should be. That's a pretty amazing feat to take down Sephy's last full HP bar with only one HP left.  

Xashowd

Ferocious Warrior

31,475 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Screeching Savior 100
  • Master Slayer 200

gambit girl 90

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:12 pm
My heart was racing so bad at the end of the battle! I was so freaked out!  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:30 pm
Of that I am sure. Mine'd be doing that too.  

Xashowd

Ferocious Warrior

31,475 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Screeching Savior 100
  • Master Slayer 200

Ryu_Revolution

Distinct Businessman

2,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250