Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply Life Issues
Self-Injury: Advice Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

miss_zita

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:14 pm
i cut myself, but not enough for it to be a real problem, i haven't in 2 weeks because i haven't felt the need too.

i started in grade nine after i found out my best friend was cutting as well i stopped for a few months but then in the summer i started again but i stopped because of thid guy i like but i've started up again like i said, i only do it when im overly depressed like love problems, after my mom yells and screams at me and then she has the nerve to wonder why im depressed and think about killing my self

i think it's weird but i really don't regret cutting at all  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:52 pm
there is this new fad in school for the 8th graders ....they are cutting themselfs with staples and putting designs on their arms and i just wanted to know if i should bo it too .i figure it would be just like cutting but ....i think it wrong what should i do?  

wildfiresdeath

jt627

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:23 pm
wildfiresdeath
there is this new fad in school for the 8th graders ....they are cutting themselfs with staples and putting designs on their arms and i just wanted to know if i should bo it too .i figure it would be just like cutting but ....i think it wrong what should i do?

Hurting yourself for a 'fad' or a trend or whatever is stupid. It's not worth it, give it a while and a new trend will come in, they always do. Don't be a sheep and just follow the crowd so you'll fit in with the rest of 'em, stand your ground and at the end of the day, if you think it's wrong, you don't have to do it.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 10:41 pm
ive been cutting for alittle over a year now. i dont even remember why i did it the first itme, but after that i was cutting at least once a day. then i was in tech and had to take my hoodie off and my friends saw. they didnt really do anything. all they did was yell at me for a few minutes then just acted like it never happened. so i continued cuz when hey didnt do anything, i felt as if they didnt care adn that they felt it was no big deal.

well a few months ago, my mom found out. she was just kinda surprised, which really ashocked me. (because over the summer i wore a hoodie/long sleeves all the time, and it was like 90 degrees and i comtinueed to wear hoodies) and my mom never noticed. but anyway, when she found out she was just kinda shocked, she didnt flip or antyhing. and after a while she just kinda forgot too. every once in a while she'll ask me about it, and i just kinda walk away from her, because i feel as if she doesnt care because she will only ask when her friends are around, which makes it seem like she's trying to get her friends to know that i cut.

after she found out i stopped for a while, and just didnt have any emotions whatsoever. my girlfriend was worried but i remained distant from everyone. well now i am back to doing it on pretty much a daily basis, but i have learned to hide it more easily.

i as just kinda wondering what i could do, because i want to stop, i really do. but a bigger, much bigger part of me wants to keep doing it, because it makes me feel like i have something....iunno....like, i had stropped for a while, and then one day i cut myself really bad while shaving (oin accident) adn seeing the blood run down my leg was just so satisfying. i was just wondering if anyone had any advice other than 'you should tell someone who cares' and 'if you really wanna stop doing it, then write and such' cuz ive tried all of it, and no one seems to care, and writing just seems to make it worse...  

BLOoDy RoMAnCEs

xyourstrulyx

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:37 am
Hey! I got a piece of advice!
How about NOT making self-injury a trend, huh?
I bet that not even half of the people talking about it in this guild have any psychological problems at all... stare

One of my best friends killed herself and she never showed any marks, spoke about cutting herself or nothing, so show some damn respect...  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:39 pm
xyourstrulyx
I bet that not even half of the people talking about it in this guild have any psychological problems at all... stare

One of my best friends killed herself and she never showed any marks, spoke about cutting herself or nothing, so show some damn respect...

I know how you feel. A year and 18 days ago, my best friend shot himself in the head. Some people keep it inside, but often those people don't want to change, for whatever reason. Liam only told me because he caught me doing it, and he begged me to stop, so we made a deal that neither of us would cut, for the sake of each other. We broke the deal though, and I kick myself for it every day. Just because these people are sharing their experiences does not mean that what they are doing is fake or disrespectful. Each and every one of these people deserves respect for their pain as well.
I suspect that the people reading this thread are probably the ones who will have the most respect for your friend. I know that of all my friends, the ones who have had experiences with self-injury are the ones who can help me up when I fall, and they are the ones I turn to when I need help the most.
I've attempted suicide seven times since I was eleven, and I know someone is going to say "poser" or claim that I'm saying that for attention, whatever, fu. Cutting and suicide are not done for attention, if you think so, pm me, and we'll talk.

e x m o t i o n a l

xyourstrulyx

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:45 am
Sorry, i don't try to be mean, but it sounds more trustworthy if people don't put all these exlamation marks and smiley's in a post about self injury.

Example:
"I cut myself everyday!!!!!! 3nodding It's my drug!!!!! blaugh "

Now that sounds a bit disrespectful to me  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:08 pm
xyourstrulyx
Sorry, i don't try to be mean, but it sounds more trustworthy if people don't put all these exlamation marks and smiley's in a post about self injury.

Example:
"I cut myself everyday!!!!!! 3nodding It's my drug!!!!! blaugh "

Now that sounds a bit disrespectful to me
i agre with you on that one. but, like, what you said before is kinda..iunnoz. just some people find safety in telling ppl bit it. considering how its the interweb and you dont know anyone, and its not like they can really do all that much to help.....  

BLOoDy RoMAnCEs

sasoriXcore

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:37 pm
wildfiresdeath

Do they push the staples really deep into their arms? If so...please dont. Infact.... even if you think it's safe and "Oh... a stupid staple cant kill me"...

IT CAN

Remember, if you apply enough force and pressure to any object, it can seriously injure or even kill you. (why would you want to follow such a self-destructive trend anyways?)

Sorry I went overboard... I just freak out when people say stuff like that. Usually, I keep it to myself, but...

Oh yeah... I'm in 8th too... there's no "trend" like that here though... I'm glad.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:33 am
miss_zita
i cut myself, but not enough for it to be a real problem, i haven't in 2 weeks because i haven't felt the need too.

i started in grade nine after i found out my best friend was cutting as well i stopped for a few months but then in the summer i started again but i stopped because of thid guy i like but i've started up again like i said, i only do it when im overly depressed like love problems, after my mom yells and screams at me and then she has the nerve to wonder why im depressed and think about killing my self

i think it's weird but i really don't regret cutting at all
Im exact same as you...hehe go us...we're the same...except...im in grade 7 atm...  

[[insane]]--butterfly--

-The Drug-

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:13 pm
exmotional
xyourstrulyx

I know how you feel. A year and 18 days ago, my best friend shot himself in the head. Some people keep it inside, but often those people don't want to change, for whatever reason. Liam only told me because he caught me doing it, and he begged me to stop, so we made a deal that neither of us would cut, for the sake of each other. We broke the deal though, and I kick myself for it every day. Just because these people are sharing their experiences does not mean that what they are doing is fake or disrespectful. Each and every one of these people deserves respect for their pain as well.
I suspect that the people reading this thread are probably the ones who will have the most respect for your friend. I know that of all my friends, the ones who have had experiences with self-injury are the ones who can help me up when I fall, and they are the ones I turn to when I need help the most.
I've attempted suicide seven times since I was eleven, and I know someone is going to say "poser" or claim that I'm saying that for attention, whatever, fu. Cutting and suicide are not done for attention, if you think so, pm me, and we'll talk.
i know how u feel cause my friend jumped from a 50 foot building and died today.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:56 am
my gf keeps me from killing myself...  

emo-scream-o

A Thousand Painful Memory

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:14 pm
when i make a cut i show it to all my friends, i'm a proud emo and i don't care whut ppl think  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:01 pm
alright you want my story well here it is.
About a year ago I becasme bi-sexual ok. and i had a great relationship with one girl, but then it turned for the worst. She cheated on me, lied to me, and well cut herself.
Well I was going to do it to get back so I put a few cuts on my arm and she stoped.... but i couldnt.
The week after my family started having all these problems, my brother has azbergers [Worst mental thing I swear]. so now he attacks me, gets me in the worst kind of trouble and s**t.
Well one day I pulled out a knife to my room and just sat there....
2 minutes i was on my bed crying whit my arms bleeding.
It never stoped, and it wont.
i have tryed everything and nothing works, poetry, music, hell i tryed hiding away from things. I am in softball and it dosent help.

Just the other day the stress built up so much I was on the floor crying, I cut my hand...
and wellv I probaly am going to do it again anyway....

Amant Musique

Life Issues

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces