Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Gay Marriage: Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gay Marriage...you are:
  For it, it should be allowed.
  Against it: But it isn't my place to have it banned.
  Against it: I want it to be banned.
  Undecided: I'm still uncertain either way.
View Results

RandomFunctionality

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:50 pm
Couldn't help but notice the complete lack of a 'against marriages aknowledged by the government' option.
If gays like eachother, go right ahead. If straits like eachother go ahead. But that is no place for government.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:32 pm
So we got a thing in the mail awhile ago, I just picked it up and read it (really, voting ads = bad politics in my opinion) and its about the referendum i (or Domestic Partnership) thats on the CO ballot this year. On the front, theres this picture of a happily married couple (freshly married, like they're walking out of the church) and in big bold white letters it says "This is Marriage." (its a heterosexual couple for any wondering) and then you turn it around and it says "This is NOT marriage." and lists what the referendum will do. I can't decide if I like it or not...

"Referendum I legally binds couples to their commitments and holds them accountable to one another. And it does all this without changing Colorado marriage law."

Hmmm.... Theres a list of things it does as well, but I don't feel like writing them down. Unless someone wants them.  

PickleBoy

The Seven Deadly Sinz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:55 pm
i actually think you should have posted a 'don't care option', i'm not for or against it, but i'm not undecided either, my decision was letting it happens if it happens, does it mean i'll support it if it happens to someone i know? that i'm unsure of  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:43 am
I saw something very amusing in the Local Newspaper and I wanted to show it to all of you. The newspaper has a section called the Commentary, where people write in thier opinions and ideas.

This is conscerning the topic of Gay Marriage, and wether there should be a law against it or not:

I finally understand!
Heterosexual men and women can have many sexual partners. Once they are married, all is forgiven and thier new relationship is considered holy before God.

When they tire of one another, they search for new partners, and the the new marriage becomes sanctified and holy before God.

After the children and step-children have become emotionally invested, they have the option of looking against for new partners, at which point, that relationship rises to become holy before God.

What a scam. No wonder the straights don't want to share it with the gays.

This made me laugh, because it is cute, and it has a good point.

Sanguvixen

Sanguvixen

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:45 am
PickleBoy
So we got a thing in the mail awhile ago, I just picked it up and read it (really, voting ads = bad politics in my opinion) and its about the referendum i (or Domestic Partnership) thats on the CO ballot this year. On the front, theres this picture of a happily married couple (freshly married, like they're walking out of the church) and in big bold white letters it says "This is Marriage." (its a heterosexual couple for any wondering) and then you turn it around and it says "This is NOT marriage." and lists what the referendum will do. I can't decide if I like it or not...

"Referendum I legally binds couples to their commitments and holds them accountable to one another. And it does all this without changing Colorado marriage law."

Hmmm.... Theres a list of things it does as well, but I don't feel like writing them down. Unless someone wants them.

I'd love to be able to read them. Write it down!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:15 pm
User Image
User Image  

PickleBoy

Tenth Speed Writer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:01 pm
I'm not sure whether to praise it for progress or continue to condem it... -.-  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:29 am
addseale2

I don't like that flyer. It is like they are treating gays like dogs, and giving them something just to shut them up.

"Here have Civil Unions. Now shut the hell up." For some reason that is the impression I get from that flyer.

Sanguvixen

Tenth Speed Writer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:50 am
Sanguvixen
addseale2

I don't like that flyer. It is like they are treating gays like dogs, and giving them something just to shut them up.

"Here have Civil Unions. Now shut the hell up." For some reason that is the impression I get from that flyer.

Mmm hmm... It feels like it's just as bad as the hate messages, treating homosexuals as lower life.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:14 pm
Tenth Speed Writer
Sanguvixen
addseale2

Mmm hmm... It feels like it's just as bad as the hate messages, treating homosexuals as lower life.

;growls softly;

At times like this I really hate being human.

Sanguvixen

Tenth Speed Writer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:04 am
Sanguvixen
Tenth Speed Writer
Sanguvixen
addseale2

;growls softly;

At times like this I really hate being human.

Just looking at the world right now, I'm ready to agree with you... *sighs*  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:10 pm
Yeah.... but I suppose I'll vote for it. Only cause... its that or nothing, right? And at least this way they'll be treated fairly in places like hospitals. Treated as a loving couple etc. I dunno.... I suppose its... Its definately an appeal to majority. "Coloradoans agree." Ah, political ads. Also, Colorado is a republican state, and with that I assume it means we're a pretty conservative state as well so appealing to the masses in such a way, I can see it working. "As long as other republican conservatives see that its not really marriage and they vote for it then certainly I can vote for it."  

PickleBoy

Meisugi_Jaganshi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:24 pm
I'm definitely for it because gay people are after all, PEOPLE. They have the right to fall in love with who ever they want and not be made fun of, threatened, or killed for doing so. Straight people can get together, get married, cheat on each other, sleep around, and everything else you can possible imagine in a relationship, yet gays can't even be wedded? I don't really think that's fair at all.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:50 am
gay marriage is fine to me. I don't judge people by what or who they love. just last week there was a lesbian wedding in my town. I had plans and couldn't go but I didn't care. it was just a wedding to me.  

Fenky

Wheezing Humorist

Sors

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:22 am
I think that marriage is such a joke anyway, that it doesn't really matter...

User Image  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces