Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Writing Contests/Games
Hawk's NaNoWriMo Challenge Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[ In Nomine Satanas ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:43 pm
BlackHawkGS
Again with everyone using the serial killers... haha, but it sounds good! I'd actually love to read some other stories, though I'd probably have to wait till next summer to get the chance sweatdrop (so much stuff going on lately...)

And I just remembered I'm going to be in NYC for a week in Nov. With no comp access! eek I'll have to write like hell for these first few weeks...

Anyhow, I'm adding everyone to my NaNoWriMo friend's list thing. This is how I'll be keeping track of how everyone's doing (so make sure to keep that updated!)

Well that was the easiest way to nail 50k words... You think a week is bad? From like...the 17th to like... Right after Thanksgiving I'm going to be in Missouri... I'm going to have to take a laptop or something to work on it.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:19 pm
Gaia Name: Kirbyvictorious
Nanowrimo Name: KirbyVictorious (I'm a one-title girl, ya know?)
Book Title: Calstra
Book Genre: Fantasy

W00000000! I'm so excited, Calstra is going to be so so so much fun to write!!!!!

I got it to work, BH, aren't you proud of me? mrgreen  

KirbyVictorious

[ In Nomine Satanas ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:21 pm
I'm also adding everyone on here to my writing buddies list.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:28 pm
I would if I wasn't lazy.

Can you guys help me? OKay, so here's the deal: The computer with the internet (this one) is my sister's and she ALWAYS has it. I won't be able to get to it most days. But the computer that's always mine is not internet-savvy. How will I write this? Should I transfer it whenever I get the time, or should I steal my sister's laptop and work on it late at night or something?  

KirbyVictorious

Gomenroia

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:42 pm
Older sister or younger?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:24 pm
gonk

OLDER, and she uses it for like, hours to do homework. *sigh*  

KirbyVictorious

[ In Nomine Satanas ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:28 pm
KirbyVictorious
gonk

OLDER, and she uses it for like, hours to do homework. *sigh*

uhm... use it every minute of the day that you're not busy and she's not on it... I've got to steal my dad's laptop, well after he gets it fixed so I can take it with me on my Thanksgiving trip... otherwise I will not get the word count in time..  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:58 pm
Try explaining to her that it's REALLY important to you that you do your best at this and you'd really appreciate it if she could use a different computer for her homework.

Offer to bake her cookies if that doesn't work... I AM an older sister, and I WOULD lend my lil one my lap top if she needed it... actually... I shouldn't say that. My laptop is offlimits to everyone but me... but I WOULD let her use THIS computer. Or anything else she needed if she told me that it was really important to her.  

Gomenroia

[ In Nomine Satanas ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:00 pm
some siblings just suck... I have a 15 year old brother (I'm 17, almost 1 cool and a 5 year old brother about to turn 6. I would do anything for the youngest, but the middle one needs to grow up more.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:09 pm
I hear you. My lil sis has grown up a lot in the last few years though.  

Gomenroia

D_Marx

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:37 pm
dang, too short of notice this time--I'll try on my own. I'm workin ga Haunted House and most of my writing time is at night. This is a good idea, though. I wish I'd thought of looking around here first!  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:50 pm
You have the entire month of November to do it though...  

Gomenroia

KirbyVictorious

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:29 pm
well, that's the thing. Her homework IS online, you see--this computer has the internet, the only other one has the printer. (This one's a laptop.) We're both internet whores, and I can't transfer it without going insane...

Or maybe I can. Everything is better when I transfer it to here....

I'm beginning t question the use of this contest, though. I mean, a robot counts your words and then it's thrown away? What's the point? And what if I want to keep it protected? I need to get this one published, you know. It's part of my series! If someone steals it, my entire series is ruined.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:54 pm
Gaia Name: VirginSnake
NaNoWriMo Name: Virgin Snake
Book Title: unknown
Book Genre: Fantasy/Fiction

I talks about how you can reorganize all your words and transfer them in circles or something.. it tells you to screw it all up before sending it to be counted.. personally I have a counter on word... >.o so thats what I'll use... through out most the time... but that is a good point... I'm usually scared bout losing my stuff but I still post it to be read by others... sometimes I wounder if I should stop... hmmm...  

VirginSnake

2,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

KirbyVictorious

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:10 pm
I trust you guys, and no one else can get into the guild cept VO and whatsisname. I guess.

But on NaNo....I dunno.  
Writing Contests/Games

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces