Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply Music Discussion
Why are 90% of decent hardcore bands Christian? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ghostbusterfamous

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:59 am
Touche  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:00 am
BassFu
Xyloid
BassFu
Xyloid
BassFu
It seems that every Hardcore band coming out are actually Metalcore.
This is a true statement. Term used loosely, you know me Matt. I know what I'm talking about.

@Celluloid_Dreamer: I don't like my screaming with a nice helping of God, thankyouverymuch. If I wanted to hear music about God, I would have stuck to Gospel.

Most of the Hardcore(not metalcore) I've found to come out lately isn't singing about god. All I can suggest is stop looking at Trustkill or Tooth & Nail records for music.
xd

Oh Matt. I'll say it again. I use the term 'hardcore' because most of these kids don't understand what I'm talking about unless I use the word wrong.

Maybe I'll just go sleep with a plastic bag over my head so I can dumb myself down to this guilds level.
All you actually have to do it 'cut your wrists and black your eyes.'

Then you will understand them. surprised

Xyloid

xX_Marth_Lowell_Xx

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:56 pm
underOATH is a good christian band, and to me it doesnt matter what religion they are as long as their music is good.

*yeah, it shocked me too when i found out that underOATH was christian, but i sorta shouldve expected something like that after finding out that the bands Creed and POD were christian alternative*
<3

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:58 pm
Xyloid
It honestly pisses me off to no end.

It just seems that every new hardcore band coming out now is Christian.

And this is coming from someone who lives in hardcore capital of the mideastern US.

=/
Theres lots of different religous music groups but christian does seem to be the biggest contributor. If you think about it, most of these bands are made up of memebers who are or were teens and like the nuu styles comming out, and they just happen to be christian at the same time.
They arent' emo or hardcore by a good christian band is Hawk nelson  

Tiny Roar

Liberal Lunatic

8,650 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Popular Thread 100

PretendItsNotForever

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:29 pm
Why does it matter if they are Christian or not? Just more props to them for trying to stick to what they believe in and for attempting to spread the joy to other christians. It really shouldnt matter as long as the band has talent.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:21 am
PretendItsNotForever
Why does it matter if they are Christian or not? Just more props to them for trying to stick to what they believe in and for attempting to spread the joy to other christians. It really shouldnt matter as long as the band has talent.

Same here <3
But 90%?Wow,that's alot & I didn't even knew that.
Last I heard Flyleaf,SwitchFoot & Chevelle are Christian?
((they also play them at my church))

BunnyCupCakes

Twin_Breaker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:57 pm
BunnyCupCakes
PretendItsNotForever

Same here <3
But 90%?Wow,that's alot & I didn't even knew that.
Last I heard Flyleaf,SwitchFoot & Chevelle are Christian?
((they also play them at my church))
I don't know about Flyleaf but I do know that SwitchFoot and Chevelle are Chistian  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:25 pm
Let me just give you a SHORT run through of bands known to have Christian ties or roots:

The Devil Wears Prada
MyChildMyBride
Demon Hunter
Blessed By A Broken Heart
Impending Doom
Confide
Letters Burn Red
This Fires Embrace
Dead Poetic
Everytime I Die
Norma Jean
Underoath
Haste The Day
As I Lay Dying
The Chariot
He Is Legend
mewithoutyou

There are so many bands out there that DON'T list themselves as Christian because they don't want to put up with the bullshit that comes along with being a Christian band. Just listen to the lyrics, they drop anything that is even SLIGHTLY related to God and I bet they are a Christian Hardcore band.

Xyloid

xodancingsunflower

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 7:20 pm
as long as they dont bring god up im fine f** the devil i dont give a s**t what they say bout him lol doesn't bother me as long as god isn't involved and this is comming from a person who isn't really religous ....  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:45 pm
Alot of music these days are christian music... whether it me christian metal down to even christian rap. The only reason why you think its weird is because no other religions like catholic or satanic really influence music much. I dont know but its always cool listening to a band that is "christian" and has the same relegiouse beleifs as you do. There are alot of good bands that are christian or they dont call themseleves christian but "can" be called christian such as
The Devil Wears Prada
MyChildMyBride
Demon Hunter
blessthefall
Grey Lines of Perfection
Dead Poetic
Everytime I Die
Norma Jean
Underoath
Haste The Day
As I Lay Dying
The Chariot
He Is Legend
mewithoutyou  

The Brand New

Regular

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bookworm 100

xdownwithxtheshipx

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:15 am
Xyloid
Let me just give you a SHORT run through of bands known to have Christian ties or roots:

The Devil Wears Prada
MyChildMyBride
Demon Hunter
Impending Doom
Confide
Letters Burn Red
This Fires Embrace
Dead Poetic
Everytime I Die
Norma Jean
Underoath
Haste The Day
As I Lay Dying
The Chariot
He Is Legend
mewithoutyou

There are so many bands out there that DON'T list themselves as Christian because they don't want to put up with the bullshit that comes along with being a Christian band. Just listen to the lyrics, they drop anything that is even SLIGHTLY related to God and I bet they are a Christian Hardcore band.

Lawl let me run through you list and pick out all the Hardcore acts.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:04 pm
bassmule
Xyloid

The Devil Wears Prada
MyChildMyBride
Demon Hunter
Impending Doom
Confide
Letters Burn Red
This Fires Embrace
Dead Poetic
Everytime I Die
Norma Jean
Underoath
Haste The Day
As I Lay Dying
The Chariot
He Is Legend
mewithoutyou

You know better than I do that I have to say 'hardcore' or none of these kids will understand what I am talking about. 'shittymetalcore' is the proper term, both you and I know that.

Xyloid

xdownwithxtheshipx

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:14 pm
Xyloid
bassmule
Xyloid

The Devil Wears Prada
MyChildMyBride
Demon Hunter
Impending Doom
Confide
Letters Burn Red
This Fires Embrace
Dead Poetic
Everytime I Die
Norma Jean
Underoath
Haste The Day
As I Lay Dying
The Chariot
He Is Legend
mewithoutyou

You know better than I do that I have to say 'hardcore' or none of these kids will understand what I am talking about. 'shittymetalcore' is the proper term, both you and I know that.

I don't care, use the proper term or don't use it at all. Are you afraid you'll start an arguement with someone over what Hardcore is? lol  
Music Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff