Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pokémon Defenders

Back to Guilds

A Guild for all lovers of Pokémon! 

Tags: Pokemon, gaming 

Reply Pokémon Defenders
Help! (UPDATE 02.11.05 - Celebi Movie MoveSet REVEALED!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zeek Slider

Hopeless Man-Lover

28,040 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Cash Grabber 500
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:16 pm
Alexa-sama
But I swear on the life of my beloved Typhlosion, Lime, that in Colosseum, when Entei uses Fire Blast, he shoots a ball of fire at the opponent, much like those that Entei shoots at Charizard and everything else in Spell of the Unknown.
From what I've seen in the screen caps, the only differance is Entei's Flamethrower is a dark purple. Other than that, its shape and size is exactly like Cyndaquill's and Charizard's Flamethrower.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:21 pm
ZeekSlider
Alexa-sama
But I swear on the life of my beloved Typhlosion, Lime, that in Colosseum, when Entei uses Fire Blast, he shoots a ball of fire at the opponent, much like those that Entei shoots at Charizard and everything else in Spell of the Unknown.
From what I've seen in the screen caps, the only differance is Entei's Flamethrower is a dark purple. Other than that, its shape and size is exactly like Cyndaquill's and Charizard's Flamethrower.

Color is of no matter, but I've seen both Cyndaquil and Charizard's Flamethrower; they do not look like balls of fire.

Entei's attack does, though. That's why I think it's Fire Blast instead.

I'm tellin' you, go ask someone else who has Colosseum what that Entei's Fire Blast looks like; it looks like SOTU Entei's supposed Flamethrower.

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0

Zeek Slider

Hopeless Man-Lover

28,040 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Cash Grabber 500
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:34 pm
Alexa-sama

I'm tellin' you, go ask someone else who has Colosseum what that Entei's Fire Blast looks like; it looks like SOTU Entei's supposed Flamethrower.
I'm not doubting you. I'd love to see screen caps, that's all. It always bothered me how Fire Blast came out in the shape of the Japanese word for "big" (although, I have to admit, the pun was funny), and if they changed it in Colosseum, even better! I just wish I had some screens to go by seeing how I don't have a GC. crying  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 12:28 am
If I may add some info I have, I know that Suicune in the 4th movie uses Bubblebeam. I'm a bit rusty as to the other attacks though....  

Sui Kune

Moonlight Lunatic

10,100 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Conventioneer 300

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:13 am
ZeekSlider
Alexa-sama

I'm not doubting you. I'd love to see screen caps, that's all. It always bothered me how Fire Blast came out in the shape of the Japanese word for "big" (although, I have to admit, the pun was funny), and if they changed it in Colosseum, even better! I just wish I had some screens to go by seeing how I don't have a GC. crying

I think we'd have a better chance at finding Shineys than finding a screenshot of Colosseum Entei using Fire Blast.

I'll look through my guidebook, though. There might be something there.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:40 am
Sui Kune
If I may add some info I have, I know that Suicune in the 4th movie uses Bubblebeam. I'm a bit rusty as to the other attacks though....
When and why does he use Bubblebeam? I'm assuming he's using it to slow down the movie's villian from getting Celebi, right?  

Zeek Slider

Hopeless Man-Lover

28,040 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Cash Grabber 500

Zeek Slider

Hopeless Man-Lover

28,040 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Cash Grabber 500
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:45 am
I added Psychic to Lugia's moveset. It's the only thing I could think of as to how he was able to talk to Ash in the movie. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 3:23 pm
I added two moves to the Movie Movelist section that I need your opinions on.

Ho-Oh using Sunny Day in the very first episode, and if Raikou acutally used Rain Dance during his cameo in the show (not the special episode!).  

Zeek Slider

Hopeless Man-Lover

28,040 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Cash Grabber 500

oGolem

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:24 pm
ZeekSlider
Golem OTCT
Hm. My memory is a bit rusty--I think if your Gyarados doesn't use transform, the foe will only Mimic Mimic. So transform once; but not twice, lest you lose YOUR shiny instead of the ditto getting its own.
Okay, I'm confused again. I thought Mimic temporarily copies a random move. I remember having a Mr. Mime with Mimic (unoriginal, I know), and it was fairly fast too. I was always able to Mimic a random move before the other pokemon made their move.

I thought mimic functioned differently in GSC than in RBY. Of course, even if it doesn't, it'll still work; all you need to do is find a ditto slower than your Gyarados (Shouldn't be hard, that.) Just use Mimic, in that instance, and since the only move Ditto knows is transform, you'll get transform anyhow. Then, when the ditto transforms, it'll have your mimiced transform--and if it doesn't, it'll only have Mimic, which should, by the same token, mimic YOUR transform.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:18 am
I'm not sure, but it appeared that Lugia used Hyper Beam sometime in the movie, to blast the Collector's airship out of the sky.  

Sui Kune

Moonlight Lunatic

10,100 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Conventioneer 300

oGolem

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:26 am
I was more of the thought that that was supposed to be an Areoblast, Lugia's trademark attack... But on reflection, yer right--it looked a lot like a hyper beam. Can anyone find a screencap of the Gyarados in the first movie attempting Hyper beam on Mewtwo?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:55 am
Golem OTCT

I thought mimic functioned differently in GSC than in RBY. Of course, even if it doesn't, it'll still work; all you need to do is find a ditto slower than your Gyarados (Shouldn't be hard, that.) Just use Mimic, in that instance, and since the only move Ditto knows is transform, you'll get transform anyhow. Then, when the ditto transforms, it'll have your mimiced transform--and if it doesn't, it'll only have Mimic, which should, by the same token, mimic YOUR transform.
Hmm, that made more sense to me. Now I know what I did wrong the first time around. sweatdrop  

Zeek Slider

Hopeless Man-Lover

28,040 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Cash Grabber 500

Zeek Slider

Hopeless Man-Lover

28,040 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Cash Grabber 500
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:56 am
Deleted because I have no idea what I'm saying.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 7:14 am
Golem OTCT
I was more of the thought that that was supposed to be an Areoblast, Lugia's trademark attack... But on reflection, yer right--it looked a lot like a hyper beam. Can anyone find a screencap of the Gyarados in the first movie attempting Hyper beam on Mewtwo?
Looked up the pictures, and it appears that Gyarados's HyperBeam is rainbow-ish in color. Lugia's HyperBeam is yellow, and in the show Lugia's AeroBlast is blue.

What's weird is that Lugia's Hyper Beam in the move starts out as several other beams before becoming one big uber blast. Hyper Beam is normally shown as a ball that gets bigger in the Pokemon's mouth and then fires as one single beam. New attack maybe? Or is it like Entei's Fire Blast in that it just looks different?  

Zeek Slider

Hopeless Man-Lover

28,040 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Cash Grabber 500

Flanny-Chan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:41 pm
ZeekSlider
I added two moves to the Movie Movelist section that I need your opinions on.

Ho-Oh using Sunny Day in the very first episode, and if Raikou acutally used Rain Dance during his cameo in the show (not the special episode!).

Can a Raikou actually do Rain Dance?  
Pokémon Defenders

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces