Reply Facial & Oral Piercings
Septums Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aetherna

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:00 am
Happy Belated Birthday! XD I bet your mum was proud of you to wait - the only piercing that they allowed me to get and signed for was my 2nd lobe piercings. However, those were gunned at Claire's and retired. I had my nasal septum pierced when I was 18 as well, and it was retired roughly 4 months later. sad

If your helix isn't giving you any problems (aside from healing slowly, as most similar pericings do) then your body should be okay for new stresses.

Owning a shop would be a great venture; I read somewhere that it seems more younger people are taking the leap of opening and owning small businesses. It was in some online newspaper article months ago, but I think the biggest reason why younger adults are taking that venture is because if they fail, they are still young and have that much more time to make back their money (get out of debt, pay off loans etc). Also the fact that children may not be in the equation means that there is less risk of ending up in a bad financial situation with children to provide for. In any business it takes a leap of faith, sound determination, patience, and most importantly a good business partner. ^^"  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:41 am
Thx! xD I want to get a second lobe piercing, but just in one side. xP I can get it, gunned, for five dollars at Claire's or get it of a smaller gauge in a shop and make it look much cooler and professional, haha. Don't know yet. xP

And yes. It is just healing slowly, thankfully. @@ Also, I get where you are going and it is totally agreeable. I do wish to own a small bussiness (piercing shop) and I do feel like I need a good partner, also, I need to learn the art of piercing first and find a good tattoo-ist. All in time, haha. :]

Edible Lingerie!

Aetherna

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:41 am
Pretty please, get it pierced with a needle at a proper shop!

I still remember the pain from having that blunt stud forced through my skin. She messed up too; had to "press" twice since the stud did not go through properly the first time. There is also a lot that can be read up on regarding the "gun vs needle" argument, though it's best to go with the needle. They can pierce up to around a 6g with a needle because a needle does not punch out the skin, but creates a slit ( like | ). A stud simply forces it's way through; kind of like blunt trauma even the stud's tip is pointy; it's not enough.

It may cost a bit more but I think it is worth it ^^"

And yes, all in good time biggrin Especially learning the craft that you will make available to your customer base is a great idea; if anyone complains about X staff member, you'd have the knowledge to explain and defend your staff as well as hopefully provide clarity to the customer so it's a win-win situation. ^_^  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:45 pm
There is a 99.9999999% chances I'll get it done at Xtreme Body Arts (which is the piercing shop I married after having three different artist pierce me). xD And, I have read some gun VS. needle debates, needles winning them all, so chea. xD Needles FTW. xD [/nerd]

And, I just talked to my friend and she told me that if I teach her stuff on web design, she'll teach me the art of piercing. >w< W00t! xDD <3

Oh! -Adds you to her friendlist- ninja Just in case, it was Bob. gonk

Edible Lingerie!

Aetherna

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:53 pm
I've yet to find a shop that I'd call "my own" crying Though that's because I have only gone to one (so who's fault is that? XD)

You've got a good agreement worked out there biggrin

Oh and Bobette hit my "accept" button but I'm not mad at her, if you know what I mean! ^_^  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:33 pm
That's fine. I've seen piercers who are so passionate about their job, yet have nothing done, so that's pretty cool still. :] <3

And, damn that Bobette! D<<

xDD

cool heart

Edible Lingerie!

popcornsharingbox

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:24 pm
Speaking of septum piercings:

Septum piercing + cold/runny stuffy nose = NOT FUN.

That is all.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:20 pm
I just got my septum done last weekend and I also have a healing nostril piercing from a month ago as well. I sure hope I can keep from getting a cold for at least one more month so they can heal enough sweatdrop  

Teri Noodle

Aetherna

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:32 pm
~Eurydice~
Speaking of septum piercings:

Septum piercing + cold/runny stuffy nose = NOT FUN.

That is all.

Aw sad

I remember it took me a while to get used to blowing my nose. In the winter, I'd always think my nose was running whilst outside due to the cold metal.

Maybe I can get lucky and finally have mine redone in the summer... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:17 pm
how do you blow your nose with a septum piercing? I don't need to but I'd like to know for future reference.  

Teri Noodle

Aetherna

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:14 pm
I was going to ask how other people go about it - perhaps everyone has their own little way about it! rofl

Personally, and this may be confusing to explain, I'd press my fingers together higher up on my nose (above the septum piercing) and closer to my face. This was to try and avoid putting any pressure on the piercing. Then it was a matter of blowing my nose, and wiping as gently as possible. Oo;

Come to think of it, I may've been so gentle because the piercing always hurt when any pressure was applied or if the jewelry was moved about, no matter how gently.

I hope other people share their "methods"! lol  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:11 pm
that would work on one side but i have a nostril piercing on the other side that prevents me putting pressure anywhere on that nostril xd  

Teri Noodle

Aetherna

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:18 pm
When I would press my fingers, they'd be higher up than where a standard nostril piercing tends to go. Say, somewhere just under half-way up the nose. It was a bit awkward and it's been so long that I don't recall the process exactly, but I somehow managed. rofl

I honestly could never figure out how people with nostril piercing(s) would blow their nose - I am curious, please explain how you do it, seeing as you do not put pressure on your nostrils! XD

I'm off to rest, have a good night! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:11 pm
I'm having mine done pretty soon...
I don't know where people would rate the pain exactly, I've driven safety pins through my ears and such the slow way.

How is the best way to keep it clean though?

Oh yes, and I also found today that it's possible to get a job with one because you can tuck it up inside your nose. 3nodding  

Ignorance is Your Disease

Aetherna

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:10 pm
Ignorance is Your Disease
I'm having mine done pretty soon...
I don't know where people would rate the pain exactly, I've driven safety pins through my ears and such the slow way.

How is the best way to keep it clean though?

Oh yes, and I also found today that it's possible to get a job with one because you can tuck it up inside your nose. 3nodding

Pain is a relative term. That being said, it is a very common experience to cry when your septum is pierced. It's more of an bodily reaction than anything else. I think it is a co-relation of the nerves in nose and the eyes' tear ducts but I do not know the actual medical connection. If you've done something like pass safety pins through flesh then the sharp needle passing through your septum should not hurt too bad.

For initial aftercare, mixing a sea salt soak in a cup and literally dunking your nose in it is one great way to soften any buildup and clean the piercing. I think 5 minutes of submerged septum should be sufficient. Another alternative is to soak cotton balls in the sea salt soak and stuff them up your nose. I'd go with the soak as the water will stay warm longer and I think that helps it to do a better job. Once it's all healed, you'll want to clean the jewelry daily because septum piercings are a bit notorious for producing a cheese like smell. Basically, the sebum (dead skin cells and bodily oils) can smell cheesy. lol

All piercings can do that (such as stretched lobes) but due to the placement of the septum piercing, it's a lot easier to smell it. Also try to keep your nose clean as that'll help a buildup of mucus from drying around or against the piercing.

As long as you don't work with people who are shorter than you and like to look up your nose, your septum piercing (with retainer) should be rather discrete. Some individuals prefer to use a black retainer because they find the regular steel may glint. The black is a coating - niobium I think? Pending the shape of your nose, you'll want to make sure the piercer places the piercing high enough that it is not visible.  
Facial & Oral Piercings

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff