Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
the thing I really wonder about in sailor moon. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you think so too?
  Yes
  No..
  now that you mention it ^^'
View Results

Solar Kitty-chan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:21 pm
I want to say in Naru's defense that in R she did start to pick up on things. Rememebr when the Black Moon Clan came to present-day Tokmyo and that huge crystal was in the middle of the city? There was an episode where Naru and Usagi have a little moment. naru's worried that Usagi is involved.

However, in S and SuperS, she's too wrapped up in her own little world with Umino... and then they both fall off the face of the planet.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:48 pm
ur right how d they not recignise them they kinda stand out  

freakylover

Unicorntatttoo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:52 pm
I just try not to think about it... the whole show is kind of out there, why does anything have to make sence.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:52 am
It's the super hero cliche. Look at Superman, the only thing different from his normal outfit and super hero getup is the glasses...other than that his face is completely visible.  

HardCandyHitsugi

2,450 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

whip goddess

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:57 pm
Yayamaya
.....people are idiots........COMMON THEY CAN'T RECOGNISE CHIBI-USA AND HER PINK HAIR!

Have you noticed that Chibi-Usa looks a bit taller in SM-S?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:59 pm
well atleast the senshi have normal hairstyles (long hair, pony tail, wavy hair, etc.)

the one that bothered me the most though was the amazoness quartet. they go to arcades and other social events and the only difference is that they put a sweater on.....JunJun has freaking vines coming out of her head...and then the SS were like "omigosh! you 4 were our enemies?!"

-_-.......  

kawaiibunny3

8,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200

YaminoSadame

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:38 am
I used to wonder about this myself, but decided that they way it is makes things easier for the artists. Plus, it makes it easier for the audience to follow through with things. The only SS that look Japanese are Saturn and Mars, so yes you would think the villians would figure things out (especially with blue, green, or pink hair...). SM is an older anime and follows the super hero cliche. Like others have mentioned, even American comic book heros follow the same cliche.

Mostly I try not to think about how they hide their secret identities 'cause it makes it fun to watch the villans figure it out.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:06 pm
i wonder that too. i mean how many people walk around with their hair like that??? it kind of makes her stick out. then again, the people in sailor moon are pretty stupid. they walk right into trap after trap time and time again.  

Mystifying Social Disease

Syndrama

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:59 pm
Kiki_669
i wonder that too. i mean how many people walk around with their hair like that??? it kind of makes her stick out. then again, the people in sailor moon are pretty stupid. they walk right into trap after trap time and time again.

Read the manga, specifically the third tankubon, (evil) Mamoru figures it out in five seconds because of her hair. Not ALL villains are that dumb.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:02 pm
YaminoSadame
I used to wonder about this myself, but decided that they way it is makes things easier for the artists. Plus, it makes it easier for the audience to follow through with things. The only SS that look Japanese are Saturn and Mars, so yes you would think the villians would figure things out (especially with blue, green, or pink hair...). SM is an older anime and follows the super hero cliche. Like others have mentioned, even American comic book heros follow the same cliche.

Mostly I try not to think about how they hide their secret identities 'cause it makes it fun to watch the villans figure it out.

That and American comics set that trend in the first place. Yup, America and Superman Wonderwoman and all- started it all.  

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500

YaminoSadame

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:14 pm
~Alechsa~

Read the manga, specifically the third tankubon, (evil) Mamoru figures it out in five seconds because of her hair. Not ALL villains are that dumb.

Which is why it's hard to think of him as a villian.

You know what else I wonder about? Why don't the villans ever attack the SS while they are transforming? They are completely vulnerable and make perfect targets.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:15 pm
~Alechsa~
Kiki_669

i'm not talking about the villains, i'm talking about the masses of people in general. season one to be precise, those people are freakin' idiots.  

Mystifying Social Disease

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:00 pm
YaminoSadame
~Alechsa~

Which is why it's hard to think of him as a villian.

You know what else I wonder about? Why don't the villans ever attack the SS while they are transforming? They are completely vulnerable and make perfect targets.

Because it's eye-candy animation. In RL it probably would've taken a matter of seconds then five-ten minuters.

Now Kiki its the Superman-syndrome. Like how no one knows Clark Kent is superman behind black framed glasses.

That and there's a theroy that the tiaras hold glamour to alter the appereance of the senshi.

the end phrash of the Sailor Senshi's transformation' Make UP' gives a clue to them hiding their appearance with magic.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:43 am
Lizsel
Why doesnt anyone recognize Usagi while she's sailor moon.
I mean, Usagi and Sailor moon look a lot like each other and still no one seems to see that..
Also the other sailor soldiers arent recognized..
Am I the only one who thinks this is weird?

nobody recognizes her because theyre stupid,  

blackelement09

blackelement09

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:44 am
Actually in R the movie that guy, fiore recognizes her, and he's probably the only one in the whole series.  
Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff