Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)
Are we commercial? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

drkmtn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:45 pm
Rellik San
celluloid_dreamer
I don't agree with your definition of being "emo".
You cannot be emo. Everybody has emotion. Yes there is overly emotionnal people but it doesn't make them emo.
There's no emo lifestyle. It's not like being punk.

People think that emos are some persons who dress like a drag queen or wathever, who listen to stuff like Fall Out Boy.
I just call them trend follower.

You can be an emotive or emontionnal person, that's your personnality but you cannot be emo.

But emo, is the abreviation for emotional person, thats what I'm saying, I'm not defining it as this big thing over then someone that doesn't try to hide or manipulate their outward emotional facets.

Well then why not say it's an "emotionnal person" because if you say emo people are gonna thing that you are talking about some person scene kid who think he is emo.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:47 pm
celluloid_dreamer
Rellik San
celluloid_dreamer
You cannot be emo. Everybody has emotion. Yes there is overly emotionnal people but it doesn't make them emo.

People think that emos are some persons who dress like a drag queen or wathever, who listen to stuff like Fall Out Boy.

You can be an emotive or emontionnal person, that's your personnality but you cannot be emo.

But emo, is the abreviation for emotional person, thats what I'm saying, I'm not defining it as this big thing over then someone that doesn't try to hide or manipulate their outward emotional facets.

Well then why not say it's an "emotionnal person" because if you say emo people are gonna thing that you are talking about some person scene kid who think he is emo.

If I say a punk to you, what comes to your mind, first thing?

All this coorelates with another on going point of mine, the subconscious stereotyping and associating of people to specific labels for convieniance. Trust me I have thought this through alot, my conclusions are of about 2 years of study and thought.  

Rellik San
Captain

drkmtn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:49 pm
Rellik San
celluloid_dreamer
Rellik San
celluloid_dreamer

All this coorelates with another on going point of mine, the subconscious stereotyping and associating of people to specific labels for convieniance. Trust me I have thought this through alot, my conclusions are of about 2 years of study and thought.

For me a punk is an anarchist who is politically really involved. Doesn't like the corporation.
Something around this.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:56 pm
celluloid_dreamer
Rellik San
celluloid_dreamer
Rellik San
celluloid_dreamer

For me a punk is an anarchist who is politically really involved. Doesn't like the corporation.
Something around this.

See thats the typical opinion of people, but you'd be surprised if you met some of the 'real' punks I know, alot of them now working for 'the man' punk is an idea shared by many people, there are many different doniminations (from long haired punks, to the traditional mohawked even to neo-nazi skinheads). Your response was preprogrammed from what you believe punk to be, and its the same with peoples veiws associated with the woed 'emo', they get this image of androgynous boys kissing each other to get girls (I am still baffled about why this is attractive) who themselves look like boys. Its the preprogrammed response, we can't change that, as its built into us.  

Rellik San
Captain

drkmtn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:01 pm
Rellik San
celluloid_dreamer
Rellik San
celluloid_dreamer
Rellik San
celluloid_dreamer

Something around this.

See thats the typical opinion of people, but you'd be surprised if you met some of the 'real' punks I know, alot of them now working for 'the man' punk is an idea shared by many people, there are many different doniminations (from long haired punks, to the traditional mohawked even to neo-nazi skinheads). Your response was preprogrammed from what you believe punk to be, and its the same with peoples veiws associated with the woed 'emo', they get this image of androgynous boys kissing each other to get girls (I am still baffled about why this is attractive) who themselves look like boys. Its the preprogrammed response, we can't change that, as its built into us.

I know lot sof punk and I know that they not all have mohawks and dress like if they were living in the street.
It's not a preprogrammed response. That's actually what being punk is.

I still think that calling someone emo because that person is emotionnal doesn't make sense.
For exemple I won't call someone an angry because that person is always angry.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:05 pm
celluloid_dreamer
Rellik San
celluloid_dreamer
Rellik San
celluloid_dreamer

Something around this.

I know lot sof punk and I know that they not all have mohawks and dress like if they were living in the street.

I still think that calling someone emo because that person is emotionnal doesn't make sense.

How else would you describe someone who is angry?  

Rellik San
Captain

drkmtn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:06 pm
Rellik San
celluloid_dreamer
Rellik San
celluloid_dreamer
Rellik San
celluloid_dreamer

Something around this.

I'd say a person who is always angry.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:08 pm
celluloid_dreamer
Rellik San
celluloid_dreamer
Rellik San
celluloid_dreamer

Something around this.

So you would call a person who is emotional 'always emotional'

Which is the same thing just the arse way of going about it.  

Rellik San
Captain

drkmtn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:10 pm
Rellik San
celluloid_dreamer
Rellik San
celluloid_dreamer
Rellik San
celluloid_dreamer

Something around this.

If you say it that way it's good. But the problem is now people identify themselves being emo as listening to some overrated and commerical band and being trendy.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:17 pm
celluloid_dreamer
Rellik San
celluloid_dreamer
Rellik San
celluloid_dreamer

If you say it that way it's good. But the problem is now people identify themselves being emo as listening to some overrated and commerical band and being trendy.

And people define being a metaller as being some idiot pot head with violent tendancies and long hair they never wash. Its a problem all types of people have, wether you like it or not its not going to change, unless people change the fundamental core of the emo 'scene' to adapt to the real meanings, which will never happen.  

Rellik San
Captain

drkmtn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:20 pm
Rellik San
celluloid_dreamer
Rellik San
celluloid_dreamer
Rellik San
celluloid_dreamer

And people define being a metaller as being some idiot pot head with violent tendancies and long hair they never wash. Its a problem all types of people have, wether you like it or not its not going to change, unless people change the fundamental core of the emo 'scene' to adapt to the real meanings, which will never happen.

I don't care people labelling. I know that label are part of the society. I just find it stupid when people don't know what they are talking about.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:22 pm
celluloid_dreamer
Rellik San
celluloid_dreamer
Rellik San
celluloid_dreamer

I don't care people labelling. I know that label are part of the society. I just find it stupid when people don't know what they are talking about.

99.9% of the human populous don't know what they are talking about.

As Einstein said 'Only two things are infinate, the universe and human stupidity... and I'm not sure about the former.'  

Rellik San
Captain

drkmtn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:24 pm
Oh well he was right about that one.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:26 pm
celluloid_dreamer
Oh well he was right about that one.

A wise man was he when he said that.  

Rellik San
Captain

ReJeCtEdxLoSeR

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:37 pm
well thats wat i am wondering why is emo "in" right now...i thought being gansterish is "in" but w/e thats not the point...the point is that preppy pplz r liking emo boys b/c they look like girls and they r hot or w/e. that just saids that emos r hot but ummm emo is something u cant just be over night...just 2 say ppplz r retards  
The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games