Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply Life Issues
So they tell me this is wrong.. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

But it makes ME feel better..
  E/>
View Results

Gambino Statue

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:54 pm
Advienga
I can't believe our country is so self-absorbed.

This is very cliche', but there are people around the world without homes, without any family, without enough food to eat who don't cut themselves.

Teenagers who cut their wrists should thank God/thier entity/whatever it is they believe in that they have food on the table and a roof over thier heads. You have clothes on your body and get to have an education.

So life sucks. Of course it does. You're anywhere from 14-17 years old, I'd assume. It's called HORMONES. EVERYONE goes through it.

That horrible depression where all you can think about is how much you hate yourself? Yup, everyone gets that. The feeling that you're all alone and no one understands you? Yup, that too.

So please, stop the cutting. It's not a release. It's not solving your problems. IT's a CRY FOR ATTENTION. Check it out. The person who started this thread put up a picture of their slit wrist. Why? So someone would see it. Someone would respond. Someone would PAY ATTENTION to the fact that they're cutting.

I know that it feels self-righteous and you think you deserve it. It isn't and you don't. Trust me, I'm almost 22 years old, I've been through the whole "Woe is I and all my dark depression" phase. Believe me, it goes away.

Find another outlet. Draw a picture, write some poetry, listen to your Dashboard or Taking Back Sunday or 30 Seconds to Mars. Update your Myspace with all that stuff. Find someone to talk to, to AIM, whatever it is that makes you feel better.

But don't sit there in your self pity. Don't cut yourself. 'Cause believe me, IT WILL PASS. It might take a while, but you'll hit the point where you're free of all that.

And damn does it feel good.

Now that's insulting.

I'm not denying the fact people are starving and in poverty, but saying self harm is stupid becase your life isnt that bad is like saying people shouldn't have depression because things could be worse.

Some people have psychological contiditions. Depression is an illness, it's not just like feeling sorry for yourself, sure, everyone goes through that. A mental illness is a diagnosed disorder, it's not just something every teenager goes through.

The "woe is me" phase may not be just a phase at all.
I think trying to guilt someone into stopping because you're telling them life's not that bad and they'll get over it, is quite frankly, unecessary.

I'm not saying people don't do it for attention or that sometimes people just wallow in their own self pity, I'm just saying I think comparing a serious illness suffered by thousands to being an overdramatic hormonal teenager, is just cruel, however old and experienced you think you are.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:39 am
Advienga

This is very cliche', but there are people around the world without homes, without any family, without enough food to eat who don't cut themselves.

Teenagers who cut their wrists should thank God/thier entity/whatever it is they believe in that they have food on the table and a roof over thier heads. You have clothes on your body and get to have an education.

So life sucks. Of course it does. You're anywhere from 14-17 years old, I'd assume. It's called HORMONES. EVERYONE goes through it.

That horrible depression where all you can think about is how much you hate yourself? Yup, everyone gets that. The feeling that you're all alone and no one understands you? Yup, that too.

So please, stop the cutting. It's not a release. It's not solving your problems. IT's a CRY FOR ATTENTION. Check it out. The person who started this thread put up a picture of their slit wrist. Why? So someone would see it. Someone would respond. Someone would PAY ATTENTION to the fact that they're cutting.

I know that it feels self-righteous and you think you deserve it. It isn't and you don't. Trust me, I'm almost 22 years old, I've been through the whole "Woe is I and all my dark depression" phase. Believe me, it goes away.

Find another outlet. Draw a picture, write some poetry, listen to your Dashboard or Taking Back Sunday or 30 Seconds to Mars. Update your Myspace with all that stuff. Find someone to talk to, to AIM, whatever it is that makes you feel better.

But don't sit there in your self pity. Don't cut yourself. 'Cause believe me, IT WILL PASS. It might take a while, but you'll hit the point where you're free of all that.

why don't you just include the phrase "you young whippersnappers"
stop thinking all kids who cut are overly hormonal teens who have everything they want, cause some AREN'T... some live in broken homes, some have drunks for parents who beat them... please don't stereotype... don't become another jackass that believes everything people tell him...

cause it hurts to read that.  

halfmike

Advienga

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:28 am
Quote:
stop thinking all kids who cut are overly hormonal teens who have everything they want, cause some AREN'T... some live in broken homes, some have drunks for parents who beat them... please don't stereotype... don't become another jackass that believes everything people tell him...

I'm saying all this from experience. Don't think I'm some high and mighty know it all who's never even been in your shoes before.

Broken home, eh? Drunken parents? Been there, done that. Alcoholic father, co-dependant mother, sexually molested by my uncle, parents divorced before I was 16.

Don't assume I'm stereotyping. I AM a STEREOTYPE.

And I'm not saying depression is a joke or to be taken lightly. But I AM saying that half the people out there who claim they have depression DON'T. It's true. You can't self-diagnose if you have depression or not. I know it may seem like you have depression, but you can't tell for sure.

Look, I know you all immediatly hate me and think I'm some kind of preacher, but really I'm not. And I don't hate anyone here who does cut. I'm just amazed that you feel the only way to cope with your problems is to cause yourself bodily harm.

And I also only pointed out the fact that other people have it far, far worse than most kids in America do because I'm trying to show you that things aren't as bad as you think they are. I pointed out my own broken home story earlier not for pity, but to show you that I know what you're going through to some extent. So believe me, it's not as bad as you think.

So go ahead, think whatever you want about me. I just want you to know that I've been through what you have. I know how much life can suck and I know sometimes you think the only way to deal with your problems is to hurt yourself. I just hope you realize there's other ways to cope with it.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:30 am
Advienga
Quote:

I'm saying all this from experience. Don't think I'm some high and mighty know it all who's never even been in your shoes before.

Broken home, eh? Drunken parents? Been there, done that. Alcoholic father, co-dependant mother, sexually molested by my uncle, parents divorced before I was 16.

And I'm not saying depression is a joke or to be taken lightly. But I AM saying that half the people out there who claim they have depression DON'T. It's true. You can't self-diagnose if you have depression or not. I know it may seem like you have depression, but you can't tell for sure.

Look, I know you all immediatly hate me and think I'm some kind of preacher, but really I'm not. And I don't hate anyone here who does cut. I'm just amazed that you feel the only way to cope with your problems is to cause yourself bodily harm.

And I also only pointed out the fact that other people have it far, far worse than most kids in America do because I'm trying to show you that things aren't as bad as you think they are. I pointed out my own broken home story earlier not for pity, but to show you that I know what you're going through to some extent. So believe me, it's not as bad as you think.

So go ahead, think whatever you want about me. I just want you to know that I've been through what you have. I know how much life can suck and I know sometimes you think the only way to deal with your problems is to hurt yourself. I just hope you realize there's other ways to cope with it.

No one hates you. The guild is a place of love.
Don't mind me and my argumentative tendencies.

Gambino Statue

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:35 am
xLIZA
Advienga
Quote:

I'd say I hate you, but I don't know you well enough to decide yet.

I like to be different. lol.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:02 am
Rellik San
xLIZA
Advienga
Quote:

I'd say I hate you, but I don't know you well enough to decide yet.

I like to be different. lol.

It's okay.
I would have said it, but instead I chose to be nice to people that day.

Gambino Statue

Corpse_Bride_131

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:21 pm
It's very addictive, and they don't have CA(Cutters Annonymous), so just don't get yourself into it.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:08 pm
thats a really triggering picture...  

BLOoDy RoMAnCEs

BLOoDy RoMAnCEs

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:13 pm
Corpse_Bride_131
It's very addictive, and they don't have CA(Cutters Annonymous), so just don't get yourself into it.
they have CA on gaia.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:46 pm
Ok for
1. It's addictive I know I've been doing it for about 2-3 years now.
2. STOP!!!! scream You need to find other ways to feel better. Listen to music or something.

And if it's ok can I ask why you were doing it? It's ok if you don't want to answer.  

16 Prayers

A r y k o n a

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:38 pm
Advienga

You do have a very good point, and I agree with most of what you said, but often pointing out things like that to a very unstable person doesn't help them much. It's just, dare I say, on the rude side and lacks compassion when you say it like that. I don't suggest approaching any depressed cutter with that argument.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:13 am
Advienga
Quote:

You do have your point but I dont think starting up an arguement like that with people SPECIALLY WHO YOU DONT EVEN KNOW WHO THEY ARE.Yeah you're 22.So what?You don't even know me and I don't even know you. Though I have something in mind that quite thinks the opposite and negative,don't you think that's just too bastrad insulting.You dont even know the dude.Don't reason out that youve gone all through that when you dont even know what that dude has been going through now. If you have something to say,something like that isnt uncessarily a good view of a good advise.Start up a supporting explanation,not a harsh one. We think of things against you,because you sounded like forcing someone who cannot do something enough because they hate it. It's like you're scolding a kid to sit still but he just runs around more.  

aikoislost

4,800 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Advienga

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:21 am
Look, I'm tired of arguing.

I'm sorry if I came off too harsh, and I'm sure I did.

I'd like to pretend I didn't post it, but I did. Sorry. It was my opinion at the moment, and at that moment in time I said what was on my mind (er, typed it I should say.)

I've read everything everyone's typed regarding what I posted, and some of you brought up points I didn't take into consideration as I typed it.

And really, I wasn't telling you my age to "impress" you or show you I'm wise and all-knowing. It was mainly trying to show that I've been through my teenage years already. I'd appreciate it if my age could be left out of any further arguments on this post, seeing as it was not intended to offend anyone.

In return I will take amoment to arrange my thoughts and go about a better way of conveying them. I realize attacking someone isn't the way to go about trying to help them. Although I do not consider what I typed a personal attack on anyone, I realize the tone of the post was offensive to some.

Everyone has bad days and says things they wish they could take back. I may not wish to take back the things I said, but I certiantly could have approached the subject diefferently. It's still my opinion, after all, and really, no one has to agree with it. I honestly don't expect you to.

I apologize for anyone I offended and hope you can give me another chance to voice my opinions.

Thank you.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:46 am
Advienga
Look, I'm tired of arguing.

I'm sorry if I came off too harsh, and I'm sure I did.

I'd like to pretend I didn't post it, but I did. Sorry. It was my opinion at the moment, and at that moment in time I said what was on my mind (er, typed it I should say.)

I've read everything everyone's typed regarding what I posted, and some of you brought up points I didn't take into consideration as I typed it.

And really, I wasn't telling you my age to "impress" you or show you I'm wise and all-knowing. It was mainly trying to show that I've been through my teenage years already. I'd appreciate it if my age could be left out of any further arguments on this post, seeing as it was not intended to offend anyone.

In return I will take amoment to arrange my thoughts and go about a better way of conveying them. I realize attacking someone isn't the way to go about trying to help them. Although I do not consider what I typed a personal attack on anyone, I realize the tone of the post was offensive to some.

Everyone has bad days and says things they wish they could take back. I may not wish to take back the things I said, but I certiantly could have approached the subject diefferently. It's still my opinion, after all, and really, no one has to agree with it. I honestly don't expect you to.

I apologize for anyone I offended and hope you can give me another chance to voice my opinions.

Thank you.

Well that ends this arguement.Thank you as well. surprised  

aikoislost

4,800 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Life Issues

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash