Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)
Linkin Park and Evanescence: Emo? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:57 am
Vtugimora
Chaos A.D.
Vtugimora
I doubt it. Those too are my very favorite bands, but I'm hearing everywhere "They're soo emo!", "They are punk!" and the one that I know is not true "LINKIN PARK IS HEAVY METAL AND HARDCORE!! Evanescence is just 'scene.'" I'll admit, LP does have some heavy songs, but they are not metal or goth. So, are the emo, goth, what? Personally I just say LP could be emo, and so could Evanescence, but oh well. What do you think?

here i have a question for you...
are you retarded?
linkin park is not music it's crap
evenessence is okay

I have a question for you....
Are you an a*****e?
Yes.
I don't care if you don't like Linkin Park, keep that to yourself, I could give an elephant's a**.
If you don't like Linkin Park, put it on your profile, but don't come up in here calling me retarded because I like Linkin Park and you don't, you worthless cumbubble.

Ohhhhhh crunch pal, strike one, you just incured a mod wrath, by not letting that comment slide, everyones opinion on a band is to be voiced here, as you would learn if you read some of my comments on the Lost Prophets and My Chem. otherwise, look at the AFI threads it just ends up as a no discussion 'oh em gee I loves dem so muchz' which frankly. Not on my watch. Admittedly he was less then gracious about it, but to blast him on his opinion alone, is what many people get kicked out for. Just take it good humour next time, as I'm sure thats how it was intended.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:02 am
Fine. I apologize.  

VTugimora

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:03 am
Vtugimora
Fine. I apologize.

No need to, just be more careful and think about what your saying next time.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:08 am
Alright. sweatdrop  

VTugimora

Candlelit Chaos

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:18 am
Mr. Fascist
Linkin Park is nu metal.
Evanescence is alt rock.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:46 pm
Rellik San
celine_jules24
i say Linkin Park is a mixture of techno and nu metal
and evanenscence is a mixure of goth and alternative *plus i dont really like this group that much*.
neither are emo, enough said.
<3

Again, no, they are actually more akin to the rap metal of Limp Bizkit, just because you have a DJ doing some scratching and a few samples, doesn't make you Techno. If you want a mix of techno and metal, listen to the last 3 Mad Capsule Market albums Osc-Dis, 010 and CiStm KoNfliqT

well, sometimes linkin park does do specific things to make the sounds that go best with the song they are performing, thats technically what i mean.
<3

xX_Marth_Lowell_Xx

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:36 pm
celine_jules24
Rellik San
celine_jules24
i say Linkin Park is a mixture of techno and nu metal
and evanenscence is a mixure of goth and alternative *plus i dont really like this group that much*.
neither are emo, enough said.
<3

Again, no, they are actually more akin to the rap metal of Limp Bizkit, just because you have a DJ doing some scratching and a few samples, doesn't make you Techno. If you want a mix of techno and metal, listen to the last 3 Mad Capsule Market albums Osc-Dis, 010 and CiStm KoNfliqT

well, sometimes linkin park does do specific things to make the sounds that go best with the song they are performing, thats technically what i mean.
<3

They use samples basically, I can understand the mistake, but when you listen to MCM you will see the differance I am talking about.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:43 pm
I like Linkin Park but they aren't in the emo type music. I dont like Girl singers except Avril Lavigne and Fly Leaf.  

TheBloodICry

Breathe_In_Ecstacy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:50 pm
Rellik San
Vtugimora
Chaos A.D.
Vtugimora
I doubt it. Those too are my very favorite bands, but I'm hearing everywhere "They're soo emo!", "They are punk!" and the one that I know is not true "LINKIN PARK IS HEAVY METAL AND HARDCORE!! Evanescence is just 'scene.'" I'll admit, LP does have some heavy songs, but they are not metal or goth. So, are the emo, goth, what? Personally I just say LP could be emo, and so could Evanescence, but oh well. What do you think?

are you retarded?
evenessence is okay

Are you an a*****e?
Yes.
I don't care if you don't like Linkin Park, keep that to yourself, I could give an elephant's a**.
If you don't like Linkin Park, put it on your profile, but don't come up in here calling me retarded because I like Linkin Park and you don't, you worthless cumbubble.

Ohhhhhh crunch pal, strike one, you just incured a mod wrath, by not letting that comment slide, everyones opinion on a band is to be voiced here, as you would learn if you read some of my comments on the Lost Prophets and My Chem. otherwise, look at the AFI threads it just ends up as a no discussion 'oh em gee I loves dem so muchz' which frankly. Not on my watch. Admittedly he was less then gracious about it, but to blast him on his opinion alone, is what many people get kicked out for. Just take it good humour next time, as I'm sure thats how it was intended.

than shouldnt Chaos ad have kept it too himself as well? he could have just said like "i dont like them and to me they suck." not "are you retarted." he could have said it more nicely and not directed it at someone.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:18 pm
Linkin Park is a form of rapcore, and Evanescence is gothic rock.  

xxxcyberaddictxxx

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:46 pm
Breathe_In_Ecstacy
Rellik San
Vtugimora
Chaos A.D.
Vtugimora

are you retarded?
evenessence is okay

Are you an a*****e?
Yes.

than shouldnt Chaos ad have kept it too himself as well? he could have just said like "i dont like them and to me they suck." not "are you retarted." he could have said it more nicely and not directed it at someone.

I already had a word with him over my space about it.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:53 pm
Rellik San
Breathe_In_Ecstacy
Rellik San
Vtugimora
Chaos A.D.
Vtugimora

are you retarded?
evenessence is okay

Are you an a*****e?
Yes.

yay! blaugh  

Breathe_In_Ecstacy

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:54 pm
Breathe_In_Ecstacy
Rellik San
Breathe_In_Ecstacy
Rellik San
Vtugimora

Are you an a*****e?
Yes.

yay! blaugh

If you look at my guild, you realise, I don't tolerate intolerance. smile

But you know, even with what Chaos said, there was no need to respond on a similar level, its petty and how fights start.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:00 pm
Rellik San
Breathe_In_Ecstacy
Rellik San
Breathe_In_Ecstacy
Rellik San
Vtugimora

Are you an a*****e?
Yes.

yay! blaugh

If you look at my guild, you realise, I don't tolerate intolerance. smile

But you know, even with what Chaos said, there was no need to respond on a similar level, its petty and how fights start.
yes, i do agree. but i thought the fight was only one sided, now fights like that are not fair. he shouldnt have directed it toward him, and he shouldnt have responded as he did.  

Breathe_In_Ecstacy

The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games