Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Moonlit Masquerade

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:07 pm
YaminoSadame
Moonlit Masquerade
Oh, how is Count Cain in it?

Meh, it's not too bad considering it's from VIZ. The translations seemed to be okay, but then I haven't read the actual manga in a long time. I think they are anticipating CC to be a big hit and went all out with it. If you look at the print quality throughout the shojo beat first issue, they did a better job printing Count Cain (God Child as they decided to title it) than the other manga snipits in the magazine; though, Yuki's art makes the manga stand out from the others.

Oh, that's good! I've been trying to find an issue of Shojo Beat for the past two weeks, but haven't found it yet.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:19 pm
Moonlit Masquerade
YaminoSadame
Moonlit Masquerade
Oh, how is Count Cain in it?

Meh, it's not too bad considering it's from VIZ. The translations seemed to be okay, but then I haven't read the actual manga in a long time. I think they are anticipating CC to be a big hit and went all out with it. If you look at the print quality throughout the shojo beat first issue, they did a better job printing Count Cain (God Child as they decided to title it) than the other manga snipits in the magazine; though, Yuki's art makes the manga stand out from the others.

Oh, that's good! I've been trying to find an issue of Shojo Beat for the past two weeks, but haven't found it yet.

I just got it a couple days ago at Barnes&Nobles, and it was a little dissapointing. I mean, I enjoyed most of the manga, but the layout seems a bit bland to me. neutral

And Count Cain looks awesome~! <3  

dead.moki

Moonlit Masquerade

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:17 am
dead.moki

I just got it a couple days ago at Barnes&Nobles, and it was a little dissapointing. I mean, I enjoyed most of the manga, but the layout seems a bit bland to me. neutral

And Count Cain looks awesome~! <3

Oh ok. I live in Canada, so I have no idea when it arrives here. Hopefully, soon.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:35 am
eek It's out already?!! *Runs to the book store*  

ZetsumeiMitsukai

ZetsumeiMitsukai

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:40 am
Wheee~~ heart  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:32 am
ZetsumeiMitsukai
eek It's out already?!! *Runs to the book store*

Did you manage to get it?  

Moonlit Masquerade

Kuro Neko-Chan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:39 pm
About time!
This is great!
/dance dance
New series I need to buy....better reserve it now.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:23 pm
Yay I got both the manga and shojobeat with GodChild in it.  

Tia Mia

Naotosbro

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:09 pm
It's here?!! I must get to the bookstore! Curse this small town!! Why does everything have to be so far away??? (An hour drive to the closest bookstore) crying  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:10 pm
It was just so beautiful... <> Awww.. so much better than a computer screen. I think I could have done without the Japanese beauty tips though... o_O..  

FOW_Amou

Moonlit Masquerade

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:19 am
Tia Mia
Yay I got both the manga and shojobeat with GodChild in it.

You're so lucky! I've been checking every bookstore I pass by to see if they have it, but none of them have it! Not even the Chapters downtown crying  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:31 pm
I must be living in a bubble, I did not make the connection that Count Cain and God Child are one and the same.... oh boy.... I'm glad everyone cleared that up for me! As for reading the first installment of God Child in Shojo Beat, I liked it. I enjoyed the art work as well as the read. I wasn't terribly thrilled with the layout of the magazine, which was pointed out earlier. The other reads in the magazine weren't bad either.  

YGOPaladin

Morriganna

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:36 pm
Sai-kun
I heard the pilot issue of Shoujo Beat was out already...God Child isnt in it?

I love you. You spelt Shoujo right. <3

Anywho. Yeah. The Cain series is really long, I guess, and Godchild is just a part of that story. But yeah. They showed the first chapter in July's Shoujo Beat, and I'm assuming will be continuing to have it in there regularly. Yay! And... Cain is just... Just... *drools* SO fine. I can see this being much more of a serious work than AS, since AS seemed to have... not a lot, but quite a few, funny/chibi/SD moments. It's really nice seeing Yuki-san draw so elegently in every frame. <3  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:54 pm
Morriganna
Sai-kun
I heard the pilot issue of Shoujo Beat was out already...God Child isnt in it?

I love you. You spelt Shoujo right. <3

Anywho. Yeah. The Cain series is really long, I guess, and Godchild is just a part of that story. But yeah. They showed the first chapter in July's Shoujo Beat, and I'm assuming will be continuing to have it in there regularly. Yay! And... Cain is just... Just... *drools* SO fine. I can see this being much more of a serious work than AS, since AS seemed to have... not a lot, but quite a few, funny/chibi/SD moments. It's really nice seeing Yuki-san draw so elegently in every frame. <3

It's the way I always write shoujo ^_^;;; same thing with shounen...
if you look at the kana for the kanji of shoujo, you'll see the character for the "u" sound in there...so yeah...

Anyway...Count Cain has its SD moments, there are much fewer of course, but the interactions between Cain and Merryweather and Oscar are really cute and funny...
Theres a funny, goofy Cain and Riff moment too...
I do like Count Cain better than AS, personally...

Count Cain as a whole is actually shorter than Angel Sanctuary, but I guess they didn't feel like tackling all 13 volumes in a magazine serialization...lazy -_-;;  

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

dead.moki

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:24 pm
And the second istallment of GC ends with a cliffhanger~! (unless you've already read the scalations, which I assume most of the members in the guild have...)  
Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff