Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Why Athiests Care About Religion Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dark_lord_15

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:51 am
russiangal367
Nergalitos
cup_noodles
russiangal367
I nearly got burned as a witch in school.

eek That's a little extreme don't you think?

Indeed.. seems like evidence of an extreme lack of logic.

Well, it was in fifth grade, I was living in the buckel of the Bible Belt and I was the one that introduced Darwin's theory of evolution. Luckily, I walked in just as they were discussing when to burn me. That pretty much stopped their plans. Leson learned: when you're in the Bible Belt, kepp your mouth shut or watch your back 24/7.

Alabama? No wonder! (no offense meant tenth) I live in Tennessee, and I would never dream of trying to intrduce Darwin's theorys to these people. I only tried once, to my science teacher and she said something along the lines of, "There is only one true god. We are not monkeys, and may god have mercy on you." scream That really got on my nerves. Now, all of the teachers are finding stupid reasons for putting me in ISS, and aren't even letting me talk. I hate all of it. I am an intollerant atheist.
~Thank You~(lol)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:30 pm
Word, my strong, godless sister. No matter how nice every single Atheist is on principal, there will be an endless stream of hateful, ignorant, bigoted Christians ready to attack them until their will breaks or they've successfully taunted the non-believer into a dangerous act. Entrapment all the way.

You can come stay with me and my girlie - you can sleep on our couch and be our bunny's babysitter. XD  

Theophrastus

Arios V

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:37 pm
Theophrastus
Word, my strong, godless sister. No matter how nice every single Atheist is on principal, there will be an endless stream of hateful, ignorant, bigoted Christians ready to attack them until their will breaks or they've successfully taunted the non-believer into a dangerous act. Entrapment all the way.

You can come stay with me and my girlie - you can sleep on our couch and be our bunny's babysitter. XD

I sadly have had that happen to me and the few other atheists I know, I've been tormented, harassed and even beaten by hardline Christian bigots who have tried to break my will or force me to do something I didn't want to do. Thankfully, I've been better than them and have managed to avoid their traps. Of course now they're starting to rely more on name calling and trying to convert me. It's starting to get hard to defend myself from all their attacks.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:13 am
Soon, my friend, you'll find similar local minds (this is where networking websites are great), and grow old enough to, if necessary move away from these antagonists. We believe in you, because you believe in yourself.

Heh, that sounded a little cheesier than I intended. Ah well. On an unrelated note...

...I have a solution for both of you.

My girlie wants to set up a bunny orphanage.

I'll help found it if she lets me make it a joint bunny and Atheist orphanage.

It'll be like something between a cuddly zoo and a passionate command front for the progressive edge.

We'll call it ... Godless Fluff Estates! XD  

Theophrastus

Arios V

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:31 am
Theophrastus
Soon, my friend, you'll find similar local minds (this is where networking websites are great), and grow old enough to, if necessary move away from these antagonists. We believe in you, because you believe in yourself.

Heh, that sounded a little cheesier than I intended. Ah well. On an unrelated note...

...I have a solution for both of you.

My girlie wants to set up a bunny orphanage.

I'll help found it if she lets me make it a joint bunny and Atheist orphanage.

It'll be like something between a cuddly zoo and a passionate command front for the progressive edge.

We'll call it ... Godless Fluff Estates! XD

Thanx dude, it really helps when you have some who supports you in some way. I would help at the Bunny orphanage, but I think I'm allergic to Rabbits. Last time I was around my friend's bunny, my eyes kept watering and I kept sneezing  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff