Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)
Emo Music..? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Morphine-Season

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:27 pm
bassmule
Rellik San
Morphine-Season
Emotive Hardcore, it's a sub-genre of Punk Rock.

Erm... yes, because Killswitch Engage, Atreyu, Hearts will Bleed, The Back Horn, Life of Agony and Hatebreed, have so much in common with the likes of the Ramones, Pennywise, Less then Jake and Rancid, they sound just like an off shoot.

Its a sub-genre of heavy metal, all the stuff that claims to be emo and is punk twinged, is actually pop music, not emo.

The ******** are you talking about? Hardcore has and always will be a s style of Punk and not Metal. Emo has always been a style of Hardcore Punk and has nothing to do with Metal, where do you get your information?

Glad to see someone else agrees.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:31 pm
yey for punk  

m0ky

xdownwithxtheshipx

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:43 pm
Morphine-Season
bassmule
Rellik San
Morphine-Season

Erm... yes, because Killswitch Engage, Atreyu, Hearts will Bleed, The Back Horn, Life of Agony and Hatebreed, have so much in common with the likes of the Ramones, Pennywise, Less then Jake and Rancid, they sound just like an off shoot.

Its a sub-genre of heavy metal, all the stuff that claims to be emo and is punk twinged, is actually pop music, not emo.

The ******** are you talking about? Hardcore has and always will be a s style of Punk and not Metal. Emo has always been a style of Hardcore Punk and has nothing to do with Metal, where do you get your information?

Glad to see someone else agrees.

It's not hard to disagree with complete and utter dumb assery.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:12 am
bassmule
Rellik San
Morphine-Season

Ok, ok, I'll do this the hard way:

Killswitch Engage = Emo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8rnaSvKwzY

Devil Driver = Metal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mmk3KD_Vdeg

Pennywise = Punk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECElYO8CQsg

Which one does the KSE song have more in common with?
Here, Direct, F***ing comparisson, if you still think it has something to do with punk, then tell me why, don't regurgatate something you were told or beleive, look for yourself and use your common freaking sense.

Secondly, skate as a genre of music?

Sum 41, Less then Jake etc. Sound oddly akin to Pennywise, right? Well then, look at it this way, these are Bubblegum Punk bands. Not as hard hitting as normal punk, your all getting confused, yes there is a genre called hardcore punk, but it has nothing to do with the emotive hardcore from which emo gets its name.

Metalcore? WTF! of course its a made up genre, whats the core of metal music? what is the progeniter of it? I'll tell you what, HEAVY F***ING METAL! thats what, so how when, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath and Motorhead, are the defining structure for all metal bands... efectively the 'core' of metal (see where I'm going with this?) How the f*** can you have metal core? ITS MADE UP BECAUSE NO ONE IN ANY METAL CIRCLE LIKES ATREYU!

Use your freaking brains people.  

Rellik San
Captain

Morphine-Season

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:44 am
Rellik San
bassmule
Rellik San
Morphine-Season

Killswitch Engage = Emo

Devil Driver = Metal

Pennywise = Punk

Here, Direct, F***ing comparisson, if you still think it has something to do with punk, then tell me why, don't regurgatate something you were told or beleive, look for yourself and use your common freaking sense.

Sum 41, Less then Jake etc. Sound oddly akin to Pennywise, right? Well then, look at it this way, these are Bubblegum Punk bands. Not as hard hitting as normal punk, your all getting confused, yes there is a genre called hardcore punk, but it has nothing to do with the emotive hardcore from which emo gets its name.

Metalcore? WTF! of course its a made up genre, whats the core of metal music? what is the progeniter of it? I'll tell you what, HEAVY F***ING METAL! thats what, so how when, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath and Motorhead, are the defining structure for all metal bands... efectively the 'core' of metal (see where I'm going with this?) How the f*** can you have metal core? ITS MADE UP BECAUSE NO ONE IN ANY METAL CIRCLE LIKES ATREYU!

Wtf is your problem you elitist d**k? Get your head out of your a**.

You've been told by more than one person that you're wrong so you have a little b***h fit and tell US to use our brains? Wtf?

And then you go and start dismissing ******** music genres just because you don't like them? The hell? You arrogant a*****e.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:27 am
Morphine-Season
Rellik San
bassmule
Rellik San
Morphine-Season

Killswitch Engage = Emo

Devil Driver = Metal

Pennywise = Punk

You've been told by more than one person that you're wrong so you have a little b***h fit and tell US to use our brains? Wtf?

And then you go and start dismissing ******** music genres just because you don't like them? The hell? You arrogant a*****e.

No I'm not elitest, just everyone has there wire's crossed, I've proved my opinion, and argued it, no one has come up with a strong counter argument, so why should I accept their points?

If metal core is an exsistant genre, then please, tell me, why my friends, that have been fans of metal longer then any of you have lived, why my mother, who's been a fan and followed metal since its inception, and why several local metal bands around where I live, have never ever heard of it?  

Rellik San
Captain

Morphine-Season

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:50 am
Rellik San
Morphine-Season
Rellik San
bassmule
Rellik San
Morphine-Season

Killswitch Engage = Emo

Devil Driver = Metal

Pennywise = Punk

No I'm not elitest, just everyone has there wire's crossed, I've proved my opinion, and argued it, no one has come up with a strong counter argument, so why should I accept their points?

If metal core is an exsistant genre, then please, tell me, why my friends, that have been fans of metal longer then any of you have lived, why my mother, who's been a fan and followed metal since its inception, and why several local metal bands around where I live, have never ever heard of it?

What the hell? So because you and your metal head friends haven't heard of Metalcore, that means it doesn't exist? What kind of ******** dipshit logic is that? There's a HUGE amount of music genres, you can't ******** say they don't exist just because your ******** a** doesn't know about them you dumb b*****d.

Go look s**t up before you start throwing your half-assed excuses around moron.

Also, you've not done much to prove anything. I've showed you a fair amount of evidence which you've continued to dismiss. So shut the ******** up.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:02 am
Morphine-Season
Rellik San
Morphine-Season
Rellik San
bassmule

Killswitch Engage = Emo

Devil Driver = Metal

Pennywise = Punk

What the hell? So because you and your metal head friends haven't heard of Metalcore, that means it doesn't exist? What kind of ******** dipshit logic is that? There's a HUGE amount of music genres, you can't ******** say they don't exist just because your ******** a** doesn't know about them you dumb b*****d.

Also, you've not done much to prove anything. I've showed you a fair amount of evidence which you've continued to dismiss. So shut the ******** up.

Ok then, if you so smart, how long has metal core exsisted? name 10 metal core bands and what defines the genre from other much stronger established types of metal?

Lets see, the debate is about Emotive Hardcore, music is defined, not by some idiot who posted a wiki, but by your ears. No one has turned around yet, and compared the music samples, I provided. Do you know why? Because of the realisation I am right.

Yes, from punk, we do get emotional music, which has had its wires crossed, with emotive hardcore, which if you look through my posts, I'm arguing the point based on an emotive hardcore discussion. Not emotional music in general. Do you want me to give you a long list of god damn comparisons?  

Rellik San
Captain

Morphine-Season

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:42 am
Rellik San
Morphine-Season
Rellik San
Morphine-Season
Rellik San
bassmule

Killswitch Engage = Emo

Devil Driver = Metal

Pennywise = Punk

Ok then, if you so smart, how long has metal core exsisted? name 10 metal core bands and what defines the genre from other much stronger established types of metal?

Lets see, the debate is about Emotive Hardcore, music is defined, not by some idiot who posted a wiki, but by your ears. No one has turned around yet, and compared the music samples, I provided. Do you know why? Because of the realisation I am right.

Yes, from punk, we do get emotional music, which has had its wires crossed, with emotive hardcore, which if you look through my posts, I'm arguing the point based on an emotive hardcore discussion. Not emotional music in general. Do you want me to give you a long list of god damn comparisons?

Some people say it started in the 1980's, but it's only started to gain popularity recently (2000 and so on).

As for bands, here:

Atreyu
Every Time I Die
As I Lay Dying
Bleeding Through
Bullet For My Valentine
The Chariot
Bury Your Dead
The Dillinger Escape Plan
From Autumn To Ashes
Hopesfall
Norma Jean
UnderOath

Metalcore is a mix of Hardcore Punk and Heavy Metal. And no it's obviously not as huge as other forms of metal, but it does exist. It's kind of rooted with Thrash and Death Metal.

And all you can do is damn comparisons YOU see. You don't bother to get proof from any other sources to back your claims.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:24 pm
KSE emo?
erm that doesn't make any sense.  

drkmtn

xdownwithxtheshipx

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:49 pm
Rellik San
bassmule
Rellik San
Morphine-Season

Killswitch Engage = Emo

Devil Driver = Metal

Pennywise = Punk

WHOEVER TOLD YOU KSE IS EMO IS FULL OF s**t AND SO ARE YOU. The core in Metalcore represent the Hardocre influence added onto Metal and has been around since the late 80's. How the ******** does a couple of Metal heads disliking Atreyu denounce an entire genre? Holy ******** you're completely retarded.

Here is the link to Metalcore 101:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11513027
Spend some time there before you start talking about something you haven't the faintest idea about.

I'll even give you some Metalcore videos.
All Out War - Resist
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGgtyxEeLds

Shai Hulud - Set Your Body Ablaze
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y84LSPaHQK8

Feel free to browse through the countless Converge videos on Youtube.

As for comparing Emotive Hardcore and Hardcore, here:
Hassan I sabbah, a generally unknown but great Emo band
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wh0y1Rvz1o

Minor Threat, I picked them because even you should know them as a Hardcore band and I didn't want to confuse you too much by picking out anything obscure.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78XD9Qkjwf0

If you can't hear a difference then you're a total idiot and have no right talking about Emo anymore.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:39 pm
Morphine-Season
Rellik San
Morphine-Season
Rellik San
Morphine-Season

Some people say it started in the 1980's, but it's only started to gain popularity recently (2000 and so on).

As for bands, here:

Atreyu
Every Time I Die
As I Lay Dying
Bleeding Through
Bullet For My Valentine
The Chariot
Bury Your Dead
The Dillinger Escape Plan
From Autumn To Ashes
Hopesfall
Norma Jean
UnderOath

Metalcore is a mix of Hardcore Punk and Heavy Metal. And no it's obviously not as huge as other forms of metal, but it does exist. It's kind of rooted with Thrash and Death Metal.

And all you can do is damn comparisons YOU see. You don't bother to get proof from any other sources to back your claims.

Just a small tweak.  

EMUtion

Coach Z

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:34 pm
Morphine-Season

Just because more than one person disagrees with a statement doesn't mean that it's wrong.
Facts can't be decided in a Democratic manner.
"Porno core" doesn't exist, I'm dismissing that entire joke of a genre, AND I hate it.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:39 pm
Wow, everyone "throwing down" at the beginning of that All Out War video is ridiculous.
That's the shittiest breakdown ever, it's more like a warm up beginning part and people are windmilling over it.  

Coach Z

xdownwithxtheshipx

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:13 pm
Coach Z
Wow, everyone "throwing down" at the beginning of that All Out War video is ridiculous.
That's the shittiest breakdown ever, it's more like a warm up beginning part and people are windmilling over it.

Doesn't matter, it was used as an example to show him what Metalcore is. Of course I also could have used KSE to show him what Metalcore is.  
The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games