Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Mild to high flaming of atheist Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sanguvixen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:02 pm
cup_noodles
Aufstandkind
I wouldn't take it seriously. It seems that Christians are forgetting that the message of their messiah was kindness and tolerance of others. It seems Jesus, if he existed (I think he did, but many don't) would be rolling in his grave after seeing what people have made of his words.

In the guild I moderate someone said something to the effect of "I wonder if Steve Irwin was a Christian" and an Athiestic girl replied that Athiests can love animals, too. He replied with "Well, most Athiests seem only to care about themselves". Frankly, it was offensive. At least he was intelligent and open to discussion, later apologising.

The supposed teachings of Chistianty is "love thy neighbor(sp?)" But as far as I can tell it's come down to "love thy Christain neighbor".

Can I add to that? How about "Love thy Christian Neighbor, and smite thy non-Christian neighbor."

Doesn't that sound better?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:09 pm
Oh...this reminds me of something. The other day I wandered off in Wal-mart away from my parents. I was looking at some stuff when I noticed a little old lady that couldn't quite reach something. I was no taller but I was able to climb on one of the first shelves and use another item to move it within reach.

I gave it to the lady and she thanked me, and started talking. So we talked for about two minutes. She ended by saying "Merry Christmas" and I sayed "Happy holidays to you too."

I wasn't meaning anything by it really. As she left some lady came up and got in my face about how "That was disrespectful to that lady to say such words! She said Merry Christmas to you and you should have returned her words with the traditional holiday greeting!"

So she got in my face until the old lady came around. She got infront of me, looked at her in the eye and said "You are a disrespect to God, to Jesus and to Christians everywhere. Shame on you!"

The lady just looked at her and turned away. The old lady turned and said "Don't take her too seriously. She got into it with another young lady earlier about how she shouldn't spend her money to buy people expensive gifts. It is people like that who make the rest of us look bad. Good day."

With that the old lady left.

That was really wierd to have some lady come out of nowhere and start ranting and raving.

Sanguvixen

Death God Hitsugaya

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:56 pm
cup_noodles
Meisugi_Jaganshi
"YOU FAIL AT LIFE
the messiah is going to eat your skull k?"
I bring you the words of habnabit. I'm assuming this person saw my guilds, saw I was in this one, and decided to send me an annoying PM.

For this thread, discuss people flaming atheists on gaia, in life, or anywhere else. Also, you can discuss this person's rude message.

How sad.
That's about as bad when this one guy said I was a follower of Satan and that I could go and burn in hell with him while he lived a wonderful life in heaven with a few pies. 3nodding

I don't think he understod that being athiest means you don't believe in Satan either.

I'd Flame him... But I don't stoop that low....  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:41 pm
I've met plenty of Christians who did indeed love their neighbors, but I've met more who didn't. I have faith in humankind. I really do think that we have the capability to be the greatest thing to happen to this planet and one another. I like to think that religious people mostly aren't closed minded and aggressive. Unfortunately I have yet to find too much tangible evidence of this.  

Dread Dionaea

PickleBoy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:05 pm
Sanguvixen
Oh...this reminds me of something. The other day I wandered off in Wal-mart away from my parents. I was looking at some stuff when I noticed a little old lady that couldn't quite reach something. I was no taller but I was able to climb on one of the first shelves and use another item to move it within reach.

I gave it to the lady and she thanked me, and started talking. So we talked for about two minutes. She ended by saying "Merry Christmas" and I sayed "Happy holidays to you too."

I wasn't meaning anything by it really. As she left some lady came up and got in my face about how "That was disrespectful to that lady to say such words! She said Merry Christmas to you and you should have returned her words with the traditional holiday greeting!"

So she got in my face until the old lady came around. She got infront of me, looked at her in the eye and said "You are a disrespect to God, to Jesus and to Christians everywhere. Shame on you!"

The lady just looked at her and turned away. The old lady turned and said "Don't take her too seriously. She got into it with another young lady earlier about how she shouldn't spend her money to buy people expensive gifts. It is people like that who make the rest of us look bad. Good day."

That was really wierd to have some lady come out of nowhere and start ranting and raving.

Holy crap! Are you serious? Dude, good thing that old woman was there to help you! Arg! Some people are so frustrating.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:02 am
PickleBoy
Sanguvixen

Holy crap! Are you serious? Dude, good thing that old woman was there to help you! Arg! Some people are so frustrating.

I agree...people can be frustrating. Yes I am very serious.

I went to Wal-Mart to pick up some Fabric for the scented pillows I made...and that whole thing took me by surprise.

What really surprised me that is that the old lady was the more tolerant one, and actually spoke up for me. I didn't really say anything to the other one. I did ask her to please leave me alone...but that didn't work.

It goes to show though...not all Christians are extremists. The older ones seem to be pretty nice! Or at least that one was.

I'm guessing that the zealot didn't see the part where I actually was helping that old lady. Then again...no matter how good and giving a person you can be...to a zealot that is all irrelevent if you happen to be non-religious or do something that they think goes against thier beliefs.

Sanguvixen

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:30 am
Sanguvixen
PickleBoy
Sanguvixen

I went to Wal-Mart to pick up some Fabric for the scented pillows I made...and that whole thing took me by surprise.

What really surprised me that is that the old lady was the more tolerant one, and actually spoke up for me. I didn't really say anything to the other one. I did ask her to please leave me alone...but that didn't work.

It goes to show though...not all Christians are extremists. The older ones seem to be pretty nice! Or at least that one was.

I'm guessing that the zealot didn't see the part where I actually was helping that old lady. Then again...no matter how good and giving a person you can be...to a zealot that is all irrelevent if you happen to be non-religious or do something that they think goes against thier beliefs.
||_______________________

Wow. And we even have christian people in our family or the church my family goes to send us cards with 'happy holidays' on them xD I think her harsh response seems more of an insult to christians. Those kind of responses always seem to hurt the person's case. You weren't properly polite in my eyes with religious greetings so I'm going to yell at you? If you aren't christian, they are still supposed to be able to treat you with respect. I mean, you can't really save many people by yelling at wal mart xD
_______________________||

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:41 am
c a u s t i c
Sanguvixen
PickleBoy
Sanguvixen

||_______________________

Wow. And we even have christian people in our family or the church my family goes to send us cards with 'happy holidays' on them xD I think her harsh response seems more of an insult to christians. Those kind of responses always seem to hurt the person's case. You weren't properly polite in my eyes with religious greetings so I'm going to yell at you? If you aren't christian, they are still supposed to be able to treat you with respect. I mean, you can't really save many people by yelling at wal mart xD
_______________________||

That is what the old lady seemed to think.

It is kind of foolish to try to yell at people at Wal-Mart. It isn't like Wal-Mart shoppers are going to convert or change. I get the impression that zealot has been stalking many people.

She reminds me of that group of female religious zealots that used to stalk and harrass people at a mall I used to go to. They got banned I think...from going to that mall becuase shoppers were complaining about the harrassment. I guess...since they can't go there, maybe the relocated to a new location to do the same thing?

Sanguvixen

cup_noodles

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:17 pm
Hey. They're zealots. They could relocate to the middle of the desert and still rant about their religion to the tumbleweed and cactuses there.

Although I do give them kudos for being persistant..

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:29 pm
Back to the ages of power, it's time for us to learn
One day it's far too late, too late for a return

I simply cannot stand it when Christians behave like that; they give the rest of us a bad name. And it is "love thy neighbor," but too many take the more evangelical teachings too much to heart, and completely forget the simple things that Christianity is supposed to be about.

Arise from the cower, from the day on we have learned
It's high time to break the spell, that's chaining up the world

+Gloria Domini+

Niveous

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:42 pm
It's important to be polite.

Despite my hypocritical need to "push back when I'm pushed"

I think it is wise that atheist become active "like Martin Luther King" without being violent and illogical as those who persecuted him and his cause.

However, even he had followers who would gladly see white people burn and be turned into second class citizens.

We walk a strange tightrope. We need to be assertive but not aggressive. We won't back down, but we cannot allow ourselves to stoop to the level of "flamers" and the like. The last thing I need is atheism to become some weird "teenage angst" thing where a majority of angry and violent kids start talking on our behalf.....cheapening it's true meaning.

Like some sorta stupid shouting match.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:45 pm
+Gloria Domini+
Back to the ages of power, it's time for us to learn
One day it's far too late, too late for a return

I simply cannot stand it when Christians behave like that; they give the rest of us a bad name. And it is "love thy neighbor," but too many take the more evangelical teachings too much to heart, and completely forget the simple things that Christianity is supposed to be about.

Arise from the cower, from the day on we have learned
It's high time to break the spell, that's chaining up the world

Heheh, well well. A true blue Christian. It's obvious.....our obstacle is against stupid people and not Christians as they are the ones who threaten and belittle, bully, ect.

It is a shame they use your nice religion to mask themselves.  

Niveous

Tenth Speed Writer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:21 pm
Niveous

It's obvious.....our obstacle is against stupid people and not Christians

It is a shame they use your nice religion to mask themselves.

Heh... I've said that for the longest time now.

Many people cut it between Christians and Atheists. They need to turn that cut horizontally: Those with an I.Q. that can't be displayed in an obscene gesture, and those without.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:04 pm
Thankfully, I've never recieved hate mail like that. Well...not on Gaia. sweatdrop

I always wonder why they care about other people's beliefs. It's not like they're going to burn in hell if we aren't Christian. It's our loss, not theirs. rolleyes

Orson Welles

Orson Welles

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:26 pm
I was just looking at my old account's profile and I noticed people are still commenting it.

phantom912
Jesus is the light of the world!

This is one comment that I found amusing. To add to that, I checked his guilds because I thought maybe he was a member of this guild and just fooling around, but he's actually a member of Let The Fire Fall.

So, now I remember that a lot of whacky zealots used to send me hate mail because of my username at the time, which was [Satan] for those who don't know.

The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff