Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
Resident Evil Vs. Reality Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hyatt-Insomnia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:24 pm
Fredrick C. Krueger
the ganados in real life shouldn't be able to take ten hits. Mexicans just aren't that strong.

I laughed out loud. xd

Back to topic, my favorite comparison to real life from the RE games are to wonder what kinds of viruses and diseases are being engineered by governments and factions around the world as I type this, and what potentials they have.

Consequently, I want to be a biochemist or Virologist, because I want a piece of this action.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:30 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
No, because in real life there ARE no zombies.
HAH! You are wrong! Voodoo zombies exist. They are people who are just so superstitious and drugged that they believe they are undead.  

Vinessa_Valentine

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:31 pm
But that doesn't make them zombies.
It makes them... Junkies?

I'm talking about Romero zombies. Undead. Do not exist.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:38 pm
yet---

^*loves the fact that she used a direct quote from the beginning of DC, and is therefore on topic.* 3nodding  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

Marka_Ragnos

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:29 pm
With Exception of the Outbreaks. In all the other Resident Evils, their bullets magically go from in a box on the ground to in a clip without them ever actually putting them there. Where as in real life, you have to put the bullets in the clip one by one, which can become very tedious. Or in you prefer, relaxing.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:37 pm
Marka_Ragnos
With Exception of the Outbreaks. In all the other Resident Evils, their bullets magically go from in a box on the ground to in a clip without them ever actually putting them there. Where as in real life, you have to put the bullets in the clip one by one, which can become very tedious. Or in you prefer, relaxing.

Well, to be fair, in the original Resident Evil, and in the Remake, you find ammo in clips. For the handgun anyway.

But I think that butting bullets in one by one should have been implemented in more games. Call it tedious if you will, I call it suspenseful and unnerving. I mean, imagine there's a zombie coming for you and you start reloading one by one, maybe even make the character shake and reload slower as the zombie comes closer, sort of an anxiety feature.  

Biohazard EXTREME

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:02 am
Oohh.. .I like that idea, Bio. Maybe you can implement that into a game of yours when you're on top of the industry.

I kind of agree with Marka. Butting bullets into clips one by one is kind of relaxing.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:30 am
Like I said, unless the enemy is coming right at you.

And maybe I will put that feature in. Show Crapcom what Survival horror should be about.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Vinessa_Valentine

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:54 am
Biohazard EXTREME
Marka_Ragnos

Well, to be fair, in the original Resident Evil, and in the Remake, you find ammo in clips. For the handgun anyway.

But I think that butting bullets in one by one should have been implemented in more games. Call it tedious if you will, I call it suspenseful and unnerving. I mean, imagine there's a zombie coming for you and you start reloading one by one, maybe even make the character shake and reload slower as the zombie comes closer, sort of an anxiety feature.
How pissed would that make people who speed through the game? To have to spend more than maybe five minutes in a safe haven just to reload their three handgun magazines, then start reorganizing everything else. Or in a tight situation, have to spend more time just loading one bullet into the chamber of the pistol than they spend inserting a fresh magazine after they've shot all their ammo off. And with shotguns, have to load each shell into the shotgun, while letting them interrupt the reloading to shoot, similar to how recent shotguns work in FPS's. And throughout the game you can pick up extra magazines that hold different amounts of ammo, but they take longer to reload...  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:00 am
I say screw the people who wanna speed through the game.
If they like a challenge so much, then having the game slow things down should be good for them. Keep them on their toes.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Mr. Kennedy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:28 pm
Vinessa_Valentine
Biohazard EXTREME
Marka_Ragnos

How pissed would that make people who speed through the game? To have to spend more than maybe five minutes in a safe haven just to reload their three handgun magazines, then start reorganizing everything else. Or in a tight situation, have to spend more time just loading one bullet into the chamber of the pistol than they spend inserting a fresh magazine after they've shot all their ammo off. And with shotguns, have to load each shell into the shotgun, while letting them interrupt the reloading to shoot, similar to how recent shotguns work in FPS's. And throughout the game you can pick up extra magazines that hold different amounts of ammo, but they take longer to reload...

I'm not sure why any game designer would think about people trying to speed through.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:55 pm
I think it's completely fascinating the the viruses were based off of real life viruses such as the Ebola and Marburg. o_o Most games or movies just pick random chemicals or radiation (or even aliens) but I appreciate the fact that Capcom at least made the game a little more realistic in that sense.

XD Personally, I have been speeding through my RE games but only because I'm on a warpath to try and unlock everything (and get better at taking out Nemesis, because he's been completely ripping me apart lately ><). I do appreciate in RE4 how Leon at least LOADS his weapon....But where in the world was he keeping that huge case?  

Kyoko_Ban

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:06 pm
You load it in every other game too, if you run out and push the fire button.

RE4 was the worst thing in the world, when it comes to realism.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:17 pm
Marka_Ragnos

Another reason I like Outbreak best. ^_^  

FoxyAreku

Marka_Ragnos

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:39 pm
NotteRequiem
Oohh.. .I like that idea, Bio. Maybe you can implement that into a game of yours when you're on top of the industry.

I kind of agree with Marka. Butting bullets into clips one by one is kind of relaxing.

Finally, someone understands. BTW, Nice Ocelot.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff