Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sword of Truth Guild, For Terry Goodkind Fans!

Back to Guilds

"Choose, then. With us or not. But choose this day for all time." 

Tags: truth, sword, richard, series, goodkind 

Reply -~- Aydindril -~- We welcome our new sister affiliate, A World Divided!
Big plot holes in Faith of the Fallen?? o_x Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Taro Momiji
Crew

Dapper Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:43 pm
Maybeh.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:10 pm
I'm on FotF, I heard that Alessandra dies in it?  

Phanari

Taro Momiji
Crew

Dapper Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:51 pm
I dun remember. o.o I know she

becomes a sister of the light again. n.n

^ spoiler in white.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:26 am
x.Marsh[mel]low.x
I was just reading through Faith of the Fallen for the second time (eh, the habbits of an excelling English student) critically, and I noticed... there are GAPING plot holes in the whole conflict concerning Nicci and Kahlan. When they're linked by the maternity spell.

The most obvious, and biggest, example is when Kahlan goes down into the Old World, and into the same city as Richard, and Nicci doesn't know about it.

O_o

Didn't she say "if you follow, I will know, and you will die", or something along those lines? And she warned Richard many times over that if someone was sent to follow, even at a distance, she would know, and Kahlan would die? O_o I just dont get it. And then she was so CLOSE to Nicci and to be experiencing such emotions... WOULDNT SHE NOTICE?!

Ugh.

And then there's times where Kahlan gets hurt and exhausted, and it dosent tell on Nicci, and vice versa. >.< it chewed at me the whole way through.

And there were a few other plot holes as far as I was concerned, with Nicci being so close to the Emporer's palace, and therefore there would BOUND to be military officials there, and if she was "Jagang's favorite" or whatever, the "Queen Slave"... wouldn't the officials/soldiers NOTICE?! Dx

I dunno. It's been one of the more irritating books for me to read through critically. Most pass with almost-ease, but this one bugged me.

And also... NOTHING HAPPENED. The thing went around in a complete circle, and you could have just done WITHOUT the whole journey, I think. It was probably a time killer, for an author's block but... is anyone else troubled/annoyed by this one book?

the plot holes of Kahlan folowing and not being killed ar easily explained. Nicci used a powerful spell to scare them, and make richard submit. She used the wizards first rule to make them believe she could do much more with the spell then she really could.

About Nicci not being recognized, well, she was picked up from the palace. She was then taken with jagang to the new world. She hadnt been with jagang to altu'rang, theerefore, none of the officls or soldiers there would know her.

Now, about the closness and emotions, that one I have no explaintion for. I cant thik of any reasonable atguement for that one.

Things happend in the book. We got Nicci to become good, which was really neede considering what happend at the end of phantom. Brother nareev was killed, altur rang was freed, and they excplained, most in depth of all, why the order is evil and needs to be destroyed. It was a book explaining why this war is going on. I loved this book, and it is one of, if not my faovrite of the entire series.  

Zeke Lanistter

xx Koloblicin xx

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:13 pm
well i can plain all those problems, nicci would have known about it because whe is a sorceress and can use her han to know... also the feeling was one way, kahlan felt what nicci felt but not vice-versa because if they all felt what one another felt it would be a paradox, one feels one who feels the other and infinatly repeating, and the story wasn't to advance the plot so much as to show what life is like in the old world and how unhappy it is, and how richard might be able to use their own people against them, ut the book did advance the plot because of the army in aderith that marched to aydindril  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:58 am
Right now I'm still at Chapter 7. This attention problem is so hard!!!!  

Phanari

xx Koloblicin xx

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:49 pm
OMG i just ought of something, what would happen if richard and kahlan had twins!!! both would have the confessors power but would both be gifted? and wouldn't the pillar of creation side of any ungifted twin cancel out the confessors additive power? its ery confusing, but not all ungifted of spring of a rahl are pillars of creation....but that still begs the question...would both twins have the gift?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:39 pm
Would both twins be gifted? Only Goodkind knows that.  

Phanari

Taro Momiji
Crew

Dapper Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:59 am
o.o teh conshpiraceh! :3  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:45 pm
Yes indeed.  

Phanari

Taro Momiji
Crew

Dapper Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:10 pm
Phanari
Yes indeed.
-nuzzlies- -n.n-  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:07 pm
Galen Kiuchenathus Loiren
Phanari
Yes indeed.
-nuzzlies- -n.n-

Lol

You're so cute.  

Phanari

Taro Momiji
Crew

Dapper Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:34 pm
Phanari
Galen Kiuchenathus Loiren
Phanari
Yes indeed.
-nuzzlies- -n.n-

Lol

You're so cute.
:3? I am?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:18 am
get a room!....lolrofl rofl  

xx Koloblicin xx

Taro Momiji
Crew

Dapper Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:30 pm
xx Koloblicin xx
get a room!....lolrofl rofl
yew ish jealush. o.o -points- jello pershun!  
-~- Aydindril -~- We welcome our new sister affiliate, A World Divided!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games