Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
How dare they... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

sora987

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:22 pm
I hate it when people say that evolution is crap simply because it's not an automatic thing. Working as closely as I have with human genes as well as those of other organisms like yeasts and mice there are so many similarities it's not even funny. In fact, some genes are so close you could take the gene out of the mouse and put it into a human genome and it will actually function.
Yeah there are a lot of gaps between ancient species and current ones, but you have to consider species that are hard to find fossil records of, like orchids. Those plants just won't leave any trace behind after they die. There are so many other organisms that have this problem as well.

And the fish argument was just stupid. What about fish that exist now that can come out of water? Like mudskippers? Also, if dolphins and whales didn't came from land animals, then why do they have bones in their flippers very similar to the bones a dog has in its paw or a bat has in its wing? Why are we finding fossils of ancestors to the dolphins with bones like they had front and hind legs?
But hearing the response he gave to the letter, I doubt he even attempted to do research with reliable sources before he made this opinion.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:43 pm
Quote from passage:

-Many different types of dogs can be developed this way, but they can never develop a cat by selectively breeding dogs.
-Objection: is this person saying that God can make a dog into a cat through miracles? Why I have never heard in news reports that the old lady living across the street has a dog that later changed into a cat or something like that.

-Natural selection can never extend outside of the DNA limit. DNA cannot be changed into a new species by natural selection.
-Objection: In fact, natural selection can change species into new species. It's called speciation, those species used to be able to mate, but through years of natural selection they cannot mate anymore, so they are different and new species now.  

=X-Sparker + AquaKiller=

The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces