Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)
Disappeared for ages back in a week or two Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:56 pm
bassmule
Rellik San
bassmule
Rellik San
Chaos A.D.

music no a days si so corrupted, i like how 80's and 90's bands, you can't mix up with the genre...and they don't have stupid sub-underground-genres.

Pretty much my view lol, certain mixes like 'folk-metal' yeah I can understand its metal and folk music combined. But what the ******** is metalcore?

Actually Post-Punk, Hardcore, New Wave, Metal(along with most, if not all, it's sub-genres) where created in the 80's so there was no lack of sub-genres. I'm beginning to think you just act like you're a complete retard, I don't know how many times it's been explained to you. Metalcore is Hardcore combined with elements of Metal, obviously you don't understand that because you're under the illusion Hardcore is a form of Metal. What bands calls themselves and what they really are two different things, just because they're in a band doesn't mean they're the definitive source of musical knowledge. FFTL called Simon and Garfunkle Emo, so seeing as they're in a band that must make them right.

Simon and Garfunkle are emotional, so its an apt remark. By the way, from what your saying supposedly metal core bands like Trivium and KSE have punk inspirations... you never have answered the question of WHERE!?

Face it, your washed up your arguments have no balance and no form.

Except Emo doesn't mean emotional so it's moot. Metalcore take their rhythms from modern Hardcore such as Madball and Earth Crisis as well as breakdowns from 80's Hardcore. You however have never answered why Hardcore is a Metal genre.

Because it is a base form of metal, supposedly a raw form with all the bells and whistles removed. As such its music founded in pure aggresion. Like I said before, with my upbringing friends, and a fair few magazine clippings I'll be happy to scan for you, I think I'm in a much more favourable position then you are in this argument.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:58 pm
xLIZA
bassmule
Don't feel bad, he's not threatening either.

Not to you.
But it's agreeable he's much more influential mod than I am.

Control the minds control the masses its all about power, the fact Bassmule and I have this ongoing debate, is testment to the fact we each have strong enough wills to be leaders and not led.

Its all about reputation mostly.  

Rellik San
Captain

xdownwithxtheshipx

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:13 pm
Rellik San
bassmule
Rellik San
bassmule
Rellik San
Chaos A.D.

music no a days si so corrupted, i like how 80's and 90's bands, you can't mix up with the genre...and they don't have stupid sub-underground-genres.

Pretty much my view lol, certain mixes like 'folk-metal' yeah I can understand its metal and folk music combined. But what the ******** is metalcore?

Actually Post-Punk, Hardcore, New Wave, Metal(along with most, if not all, it's sub-genres) where created in the 80's so there was no lack of sub-genres. I'm beginning to think you just act like you're a complete retard, I don't know how many times it's been explained to you. Metalcore is Hardcore combined with elements of Metal, obviously you don't understand that because you're under the illusion Hardcore is a form of Metal. What bands calls themselves and what they really are two different things, just because they're in a band doesn't mean they're the definitive source of musical knowledge. FFTL called Simon and Garfunkle Emo, so seeing as they're in a band that must make them right.

Simon and Garfunkle are emotional, so its an apt remark. By the way, from what your saying supposedly metal core bands like Trivium and KSE have punk inspirations... you never have answered the question of WHERE!?

Except Emo doesn't mean emotional so it's moot. Metalcore take their rhythms from modern Hardcore such as Madball and Earth Crisis as well as breakdowns from 80's Hardcore. You however have never answered why Hardcore is a Metal genre.

Because it is a base form of metal, supposedly a raw form with all the bells and whistles removed. As such its music founded in pure aggresion. Like I said before, with my upbringing friends, and a fair few magazine clippings I'll be happy to scan for you, I think I'm in a much more favourable position then you are in this argument.

That doesn't work, a style of Punk rock cannot be a base form of Metal, they're two completely different genre's. Especially when Metal was developed a full decade or more before Hardcore even came about. But go ahead and scan them, I need a good laugh.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:22 pm
bassmule
Rellik San
bassmule
Rellik San
bassmule

That doesn't work, a style of Punk rock cannot be a base form of Metal, they're two completely different genre's. Especially when Metal was developed a full decade or more before Hardcore even came about. But go ahead and scan them, I need a good laugh.

Sub-genres can be born after the parent genre is formed you know...

The simple fact is, your someone I've never met, trying to convince of something I so totally beleive, have read and have been taught by various sources, your not going to win, and its vice versa for you, lets just drop this, I'll pm the scans to you. Agreed?  

Rellik San
Captain

xdownwithxtheshipx

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:23 pm
Rellik San
bassmule
Rellik San
bassmule
Rellik San
bassmule

The simple fact is, your someone I've never met, trying to convince of something I so totally beleive, have read and have been taught by various sources, your not going to win, and its vice versa for you, lets just drop this, I'll pm the scans to you. Agreed?

Meh fair enough, but if I see any Guitar World articles I'll know for sure you'll full of s**t.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:25 pm
bassmule
Rellik San
bassmule
Rellik San
bassmule

Meh fair enough, but if I see any Guitar World articles I'll know for sure you'll full of s**t.

Kerrang (pre 2000 back when it covered metal and covered it well) and Terrorizer articles mostly.  

Rellik San
Captain

The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games