Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Which non-agnosic or atheist religeon do you respect most? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Favorite Religeon that isn't Atheistm/Agnosicsm:
  Christianity
  Buddhism
  Hinduism
  Satanism
  Paganism
  Other
View Results

russiangal367

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:22 pm
I respect Buddhism because I love its history and I like the fact that they are peaceful and are trying to find their truth without trying to make others believe its out there. That is true belief.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:48 pm
Buddhism, since I agree with the ideas of finding an inner calm, and about respecting others. It's just a good life philosophy, I think.  

SpiritKeeper

cabbage3

Friendly Explorer

6,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:47 pm
Satanism is not a religion. It is a system of beliefs. There are no deities. No Satanist believes in Satan or God. they simply live the fleshy life.

Those who called themselves Satanists who "follow and worship satan" are actually anti-christians.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:31 pm
cabbage3
Satanism is not a religion. It is a system of beliefs. There are no deities. No Satanist believes in Satan or God. they simply live the fleshy life.

Those who called themselves Satanists who "follow and worship satan" are actually anti-christians.

But then why do Satanists calle themselves 'Satan'ists?  

Dathu

Newbie Noob

[Subject to Availability]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:39 am
cabbage3
You have absolutely no knowledge of Satanism if you're willing to say that.

Or you have some stupid dictionary that states that a prerequisite for a religion is a deity. Satanism => Atheism.

Satanism has philosophy, an institution and ritualistic dogma. That's enough for a religion.

Quote:
Diabolism is the term.

Dathu
Because 'Satan' in the original hebrew is 'adversary'. Satanism is an opposing religion system when compared to the Judeochristian set of beliefs.

Also; Satan, the most popular representation of evil/the devil/chief daemon, is the commander in chief of modern-day sins which are natural animalistic urges within everyone. Satanism indulges these sins to the extent of the want of the Satanism in question and to the limit of the law.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:23 pm

Dathu
Because 'Satan' in the original hebrew is 'adversary'. Satanism is an opposing religion system when compared to the Judeochristian set of beliefs.

Also; Satan, the most popular representation of evil/the devil/chief daemon, is the commander in chief of modern-day sins which are natural animalistic urges within everyone. Satanism indulges these sins to the extent of the want of the Satanism in question and to the limit of the law.

Okay, that makes sense then. Sounds wierd, but makes sense. I hope one day we won't even have to call ourselves Atheists, just normal. Ya know?  

Dathu

Newbie Noob

Damien`

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:58 am
I'd say Judaism. Even though I don't believe in anything that they do, I like how the people (that I know) follow their belief systems 100% rather than choosing to follow parts of the bible and not others like I believe some christians do.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:43 pm
Dathu

Dathu

Okay, that makes sense then. Sounds wierd, but makes sense. I hope one day we won't even have to call ourselves Atheists, just normal. Ya know?
Whaddya mean "one day"?

Being atheist isn't any more insane than being called theist/antitheist.  

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:41 pm
Dathu

Dathu

Whaddya mean "one day"?

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it. I guess what I mean is, there isn't a word for people who believe science. People who "study" science are called scientists, but since everyone believes science (except the crazies) there's no need for a term. There's no word for people who don't believe in dragons, bigfoot, rainbow bright. I guess what I mean is, I hope a day will come when Atheism is so common that we don't bother lableing ourselves.

When we're called Atheist, it's like we're catagorized with other religions. Atheism isn't like a religion, it has nothing in common with religions, it is simply the truth. I feel like when we are labled it is as though they are saying we just believers in nothing rather than realizers of the truth. Does that make sense?
sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:03 pm
Its the sociological theory of labelling. Deviant behavior is only noticed because of its label, which the larger, more pronounced parties have put upon the smaller, "deviant" party.  

PickleBoy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:44 pm
Dathu
Dathu

Dathu

Whaddya mean "one day"?

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it. I guess what I mean is, there isn't a word for people who believe science. People who "study" science are called scientists, but since everyone believes science (except the crazies) there's no need for a term. There's no word for people who don't believe in dragons, bigfoot, rainbow bright. I guess what I mean is, I hope a day will come when Atheism is so common that we don't bother lableing ourselves.

When we're called Atheist, it's like we're catagorized with other religions. Atheism isn't like a religion, it has nothing in common with religions, it is simply the truth. I feel like when we are labled it is as though they are saying we just believers in nothing rather than realizers of the truth. Does that make sense?
sweatdrop
I do get what you mean, yes.

That's why you don't bother mentioning it until someone asks.

Do you bother telling people you don't believe in dragons until they ask?

Also I'd like some proof to your claim that atheists are "realizers of the truth".  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:53 pm
Dathu
Dathu

Dathu

Whaddya mean "one day"?

sweatdrop
I do get what you mean, yes.

That's why you don't bother mentioning it until someone asks.

Do you bother telling people you don't believe in dragons until they ask?

Also I'd like some proof to your claim that atheists are "realizers of the truth".

In reality I don't tell people I'm Atheist unless they ask, and even then, I probably won't go into why. I tend to find that many people, despite how hard I try to be considerate, just end up getting offended. And I don't want go around offending people.

Online, however, is another matter. twisted I guess this is where I get all my frustrations out. Besides, it's just online, a lot of people here are usually lieing, roleplaying, or living out some kind of guilty pleasure, so yes, online I am a very outgoing Atheist.

As for proof of truth, you'll have to read my journal entry. It's a bit long, but it's the distilled core of my arguments. I am a very strict Atheist, and I do feel my conclusions, that are based off the evidance presented to me, are the truth, and that Atheism is the truth. I wouldn't claim Atheism unless I knew it to be so. But that's just me. There are a lot of moderate Atheists out there who ride the "I just think Atheist thoughts" ticket, and that's fine.

Dathu

Newbie Noob

Meirelle

Shadowy Seeker

16,150 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:44 pm
Buddhism. How often do you hear of a Buddhist killing someone in the name of their religion?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:01 am
Damien`
I'd say Judaism. Even though I don't believe in anything that they do, I like how the people (that I know) follow their belief systems 100% rather than choosing to follow parts of the bible and not others like I believe some christians do.

My dad's agnostic for the most part, but he's shown interest in Judaism. There's a sort of passive faith there without as much judgement by and large. I think the suffering of the Jewish people, while horrific, has given them a more live-and-let-live attitude.  

Dread Dionaea

Ignorance is Your Disease

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:33 pm
I'm rather fond the of the Old Religion.
But...
Judaism is the most respectable and in fact, most likable monotheistic religion in my perspective.
I rather like the Jews a great deal.
Oh yes, and Buddhism makes a great guide for spiritual health.
I couldn't practice it seriously, because it's far too austere, but reading modern Buddhist books has been very helpful.  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff