Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Back to Guilds

Reply The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!
H2G2 Movie Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fearless Trowa

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:51 pm
Seth Kame
Hiei_no_miko
Did anyone see that Mos Def is playing Ford Prefect? Is anyone else highly dissapointed by that?

egh...yes... stressed

but Warwick Davis is playing as Marvin!! xd
hehe, I wasn't expecting that blaugh

I don't see any problem with that. who's supposed to play Arthur Dent? and what about Trillian?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:46 am
narusu
Hiei_no_miko
Did anyone see that Mos Def is playing Ford Prefect? Is anyone else highly dissapointed by that?

why exactly, may i ask, were you disappointed? he is an excellent actor. i think hell do quite well, and im rather curious to see what hell bring to the part. i really hope you arent disappointed for a...discriminatory sort of reason..

No, I couldn't care less that he's black, I'm insulted that you implied that. I happen to think he's not a good actor and I'm rather picky about it because Ford's one of my favorite characters.  

Hiei_no_miko

1,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

Hiei_no_miko

1,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:48 am
Millions Vash
Seth Kame
Hiei_no_miko

egh...yes... stressed

I don't see any problem with that. who's supposed to play Arthur Dent? and what about Trillian?

The IMDB H2G2 Listing This has a full cast list.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:14 pm
Hiei_no_miko
Millions Vash
Seth Kame
Hiei_no_miko

egh...yes... stressed

The IMDB H2G2 Listing This has a full cast list.

Yay! Alan Rickman as the voice of Marvin! He's good as that kind of character.
Douglas Adams once
A towel is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have.

Fearless Trowa

Tinnumir

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:30 am
narusu
Hiei_no_miko

why exactly, may i ask, were you disappointed? he is an excellent actor. i think hell do quite well, and im rather curious to see what hell bring to the part. i really hope you arent disappointed for a...discriminatory sort of reason..

I agree with you, Hiei_no_miko. I was quite disappointed. It's not a racist point of view, nor do I doubt his acting abilities. It's just, I really really can't picture a black Ford. It's just not how I ever pictured him.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:10 am
I know what you mean - I mean, the one thing you can rely on in this universe is that Ford will always have red hair. 'Course in the illustrated Guide, Zaphod was black, but also kinda cool-looking, and they explained away the discrepancy with the text with some amusing footnote about some mad human illness...

I'm most afraid that I won't like the movie because I much prefer the images in my head that have been serving me well for years, thankyouverymuch. I mean, look at the movie Marvin! He's too damn cute! crying (Alan Rickman though. Yaaay. 3nodding )

...and then the internet will be awash with movie fanart of Ford and no one will remember what he looks like anymore! gonk  

Yuki-Onna Reed

Tinnumir

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:50 pm
Spike_Theta
...and then the internet will be awash with movie fanart of Ford and no one will remember what he looks like anymore! gonk

It'll be like Lord of the Rings all over again. Curse you fangirls and your blonde Legolas!!!  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 10:12 am
The movie release date has changed to April 29th!
Its coming out a whole week sooner!

Ghost Chef

circuit sparks

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:01 pm
Lord Salem
The movie release date has changed to April 29th!
Its coming out a whole week sooner!

Is this for everywhere, or just certain places?!
I know I heard that this applies to Australia..but I didn't hear about anywhere else.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:42 pm
Well, all I can tell you is that where it used to say "May 6 2005" on the offical movie site, it now says "April 29 2005"

Perhaps I am assuming too much?

Ghost Chef

Yuki-Onna Reed

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 11:56 pm
eek A movie release being pushed UP?! I don't believe it!

...so, who are they avoiding competition with? wink Or perhaps it's to compete with someone?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 11:58 pm
Maybe there's rabid fanboys holding the movie execs hostage? surprised  

Destruction Kitty

Yuki-Onna Reed

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:07 am
...damn, what was that quote DNA wrote once about making people finish things by locking them in a room and wafting the scent of pizza under the door? mrgreen Must be some of that going on... blaugh

Damn, now I want pizza. domokun  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:10 am
eek Well, I know for sure that'd work on me....

Now I want pizza, too! *drools*  

Destruction Kitty

faeriebell

Eloquent Conversationalist

15,975 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:54 pm
I really can't wait to see this movie.. I have been playing the game at the BBC website constantly these days. biggrin  
The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games