Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
The Differences & Similarities Between SM & Wedding Peach Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Moonlight_Shadow12

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 6:50 pm
I wanted to post something I found out about wedding peach on a website that explains the attacks and about the items they get that create the saint something four. Please enjoy.

~ Hanasaki Momoko/Angel Peach ~

Hanasaki Momoko: hana-blossom, saki-future, momo-peach, ko-child
Child Peach Blossom of the Future

Momo is Japanese for peach. The peach blossom can mean I am your captive. In the Japanese Language of Flowers, the peach blossom is a flower for lovers and can mean happiness of love. It is also a symbol of virginity in Japan.

Anime Powers
Wedding Beautiful Flower, Angel Amour Peach
Amour is the French word for love.

Lovely Operation Tempete
Tempete is the French word for tempest. When Peach says this her bouquet turns into a candle. Burning candles are symbolic of God's light.

Saint Miroir Bridal Flash
Miroir is French for mirror.

Wedding Yuinou Gaeshi, Saint Crystal Love For You
Peach uses the Saint Crystal to purify energy, she exchanges negative waves for ones of love. The wand is a traditional symbol for a conductor of magic or energy. Yuinou is Japanese for engagement gift. These gifts are exchanged between the couple to be married. The bride receives an Obi, symbolizing her virtue, and a Hakama skirt to the future groom to represent fidelity. Besides these, nine additional items may be presented for fortune and happiness.

Manga Only
From the manga, her power Bridal Flash actually comes from her bouquet changing into the Sacred Camera.

Lovely Peach Tempest (creates a rain of peach blossoms while the person under Jama's control regains their loving memories)

Other
In her first transformation, she finds herself in the Western traditional white bridal gown and holding a bouquet of roses. White is the symbol of maidenhood and purity, and is representative of the bride. The bouquet represents fertility, life, and growth. The rose is symbolic of love.

Saint Something Old
Ring. In the anime, it symbolizes either family love or love from parents.

The ring has no end or beginning, thus it stands for eternal love. The third finger, left hand grew from an ancient belief. Once it was believed that the vein of love (vena amoris) ran through this finger directly to the heart. A ring on this finger was supposed to bind one's love so that it would not flow out. (Notice, that Momoko wears her ruby ring on this same finger). In Western tradition, the something old symbolizes the bride's tie to her family. She might wear the wedding dress or a piece of jewelry from her mother or grandmother. (Note, Momoko not only wears her mother's ring, but her dress as well at certain key points in the series).

Birthday
March 3-Hina Matsuri is celebrated on March 3. The name is translated as Doll Festival, but the day is also called Girls' Day. On this day, familys with young girls will display dolls costumed in the traditional dress of the emperor's court. The day is also called Jomi no Sekku.

~ Tanima Yuri/Angel Lily ~

Tanima Yuri: tani-valley, ma-space, yuri-lily
Lily of the Valley

The lily represents purity of the heart. The white lily symbolizes innocence. The day lily, in China, can stand for motherhood. If one dreams of the lily in the springtime, this foretells marriage and happiness. In marriage ceremonies of the Romans and Greeks, lilies were placed on the bride's crown for innocence and purity.

The lily of the valley can represent the return of happiness. In the Japanese Language of Flowers it is a flower of engagements, and can mean the promise of happiness.

Anime Powers
Saint Lipliner Lily Rainbow
The rainbow was symbolic of yin and yang to the Chinese. It has also been viewed as a bridge between Heaven and Earth.

Otome no Bridal Veil, Sacred Stardust Scepter
The bridal veil symbolizes virginity, modesty, and youth (note otome no bridal veil translates to maiden's bridal veil). Supposedly, the tradition of wearing the veil may go back to the Goddess of Love, Ishtar. The vapors of the sea and earth covered her like a veil when she came to her beloved. Strahl is German for ray or beam, so her attack translates to Saint Ray/Beam of Stardust.

Saint Something Blue
Earrings. In the anime it is representive of nature.

The tradition of wearing something blue goes back to biblical days. Then blue stood for fidelity and purity. Usually, the bride today will wear a blue garter.

Side note: Yuri found the earrings in a tomb, and in the story they are supposed to have an association with nature. The tomb, symbolically, can stand for the womb of the earth.

In the manga, Yuri and the group find the item in vol. 3. In the graveyard near the school, they find the sculpted grave of Yuri's grandmother. Her grandfather studied abroad for a time and met a French girl who he fell in love with. Despite the fact it was frowned upon to marry a foreigner he did so all the same and lived a long life with her. In his sadness at her death, he spent his remaining time sculpting a loving likeness of her to stand over her tomb. From the love put into it, the second of the sacred something four came to rest and appears to Yuri.

Birthday
July 7: Tanabata is celebrated July 7. Traditionally, this festival is especially popular with young girls for the romantic theme of the story behind it. It is the Chinese legend of the parted lovers, the Weaver and Cowherd Star, or Vega and Altair.

~ Tamano Hinagiku/Angel Daisy ~

Tamano Hinagiku: tamano-rare, hinagiku-daisy
Daisy of Rarity

The daisy is a symbol of childhood innocence and purity. Once, young girls used this flower to predict when they would marry. With eyes closed, they would pluck a handful of the flowers. When they opened their eyes, the number of flowers they held would determine the number of years until they married. It was good luck to dream of daisies in the spring or summer.

Anime Powers
Ai no Memorial Candle
The Unity Candle is a symbol of the joining of two individuals into one, separate but one, in the ceremony. It can also symbolize joining of two families and heritages in the wedding ceremony. And as candles do many times, it is a sign of light and love.

Saint Pendule Daisy Blizzard
Pendule is French for clock.

Saint Something Borrowed
Pendant. In the anime, it is representative of friendship.

Something borrowed is traditionally worn to remind a bride that family and friends remain with her. For luck in marriage, usually the object was worn in a wedding before. Hinagiku receives the pendant from a friend for remembrance in the anime and in the manga from her mother.

Birthday
Hinagiku's birthday is May 5. Kodomo no Hi is Children's Day or Boy's Day. Also called Tango no Sekku. Today it is used for all children, but before WWII the festival centered around boys. Parents will display carp streamers and symbols of strength on this day (such as a sword, samurai helmet, or armor).

~ Scarlet O'Hara/Angel Salvia ~

Scarlet O'Hara: The famous heroine from Gone With the Wind. Her first love in the OAV Clark Oasis fits into this injoke as well, since his name Clark comes from Clark Gable who played Rhett, Scarlet's lover in the movie. In the manga her boyfriend's name is Dean Butler (from Rhett Butler). Additional information from Nao Yazawa's site Momo-yome: Scarlet's father in Tenshi-Kai named Butler, her mother's name was Vivian (Vivian Leigh was the actress who played Scarlet in the movie), and her younger brother was named Lee and a soldier (General Lee was the commander of the Southern army during the Civil War).

The red salvia flower can mean forever thine.

Anime Powers
The sword has long been symbolic of courage and strength. The flaming sword is an angelic symbol.

Saint Something New
Tiara. In the anime, this represents either the love between two people or it is a symbol for the future.

Traditionally, something new represents success for the bride in her new life and fortune for the future.

Birthday
Scarlet's birthday is November 3. Bunka no Hi or Culture Day was made a holiday to commemortate the ideals of the love of peace and freedom, the ideals of the Constitution of Japan.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 4:54 pm
I've never seen wedding peach. o.o  

Missbunniswan

8,975 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200

Moonlight_Shadow12

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 9:01 am
Hikari-Bunny
I've never seen wedding peach. o.o
I think you would probably like the anime and manga series. The transformations are really cool and they kick major butt when they fight too. I especially like the wedding dresses they wear after they transform too.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:33 pm
I tried watching wedding peach.
There were just to many simularities..
I prefer heart Sailor Moon heart .  

HallyOh

moonlight_peach12

Romantic Nerd

15,325 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Converting 1 item 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:54 pm
I havent been able to find #6 of Wedding Peach which is a real bummer for me since I would like to complete my collection. For anyone who likes the anime of Wedding Peach. If you get the complete boxset of the series you get to see a really silly episode where potamos gets to transform into a fighting love angel for one episode. It is really funny. Also thank you everyone for reading the information I put in the thread I really appreciate it.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:28 pm
Ohh, i think i'll have to try out wedding peach smile Thanks! ^_^ Is it a really old anime btw? I am hoping to look for something a tad newer... smile  

Siren of Saturn

Ryuondo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:25 am
I read a little of Wedding Peach. From what I read it didn't catch my attention. Probably because it wasn't a childhood classic for me. At the time I read it I was reading stuff like Death Note, Full Metal Panic!?, The Seikai Trilogy(Crest of the Stars, Banner of the Stars, and Banner of the Stars 2), Suikoden 3, Get Backers and Psychic Academy. So I guess it didn't exactly hit my taste for violence, guns, war, women, cool super powers, and spaceships at the time.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:13 am
maybe i should try it.....  

orphics

moonlight_peach12

Romantic Nerd

15,325 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Converting 1 item 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:50 am
Siren of Saturn
Ohh, i think i'll have to try out wedding peach smile Thanks! ^_^ Is it a really old anime btw? I am hoping to look for something a tad newer... smile
Here is some information on the series. Also it was made three years after Sailor moon since wedding peach was made in 1995.

The story follows Momoko Hanasaki, a junior high school girl who is in trouble between the Angel World and the Devil World. It all starts when Aphrodite tells Momoko that she is the legendary Love Angel Wedding Peach, and that she will take the place of her mother, Sakura, in finding and protecting the "Sacred Four Somethings", after a devil named Pluie tries to steal Momoko's mother's ring. Now she must protect the sanctity of love from Rain Devilla and her minions. Her friends, the other Love Angels, are Yuri Tanima (Angel Lily), Hinagiku Tamano (Angel Daisy). She also has Jama-P, who originally was a minion of Raindevila. Momoko is in love with Yosuke who is, unknowingly, a half-devil warrior of a tribe in the Devil World named Viento; Yosuke's father, coincidentally, is the one who sent Celestia (Sakura) and himself to Earth in the first place. Yuri is in love with Captain Yanagiba of the soccer team, otherwise known as the angel Limone. While trying to live the lives of normal Japanese middle school students, the Love Angels must protect the world with love, or live in a world filled with nothing but hate.

Wedding Peach  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:02 pm
I like both, but I like Sailor Moon better... I think it's annoying when people complain all the time about Wedding Peach copying Sailor Moon; there are lots of other magical girl series out there, and most of them ARE a lot like Sailor Moon. I don't see why they complain about Wedding Peach so much but you almost never hear anything about other anime and manga, like Tokyo Mew Mew, copying Sailor Moon when they're very similar, too. (I'm a fan of Tokyo Mew Mew, by the way, I didn't mean that to say that it is a copy or anything.)  

NorthEastFire

Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces