Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Sailor Moon UNIVERSE. *Auditions are needed! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:34 pm
i'm sorry, but it's entirely unauthentic... I've heard of this and have seen the trailers for it on youtube... it's all fanmade and suffice it to say, it's not very good. It'll be impossible to recreate what Toei has produced by yourselves. I'm gonna politely ask that this be stopped. I want it to be the real deal or nothing at all... stick with fanfiction. ^_^ Sorry if you take offence, but must stand my ground.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:19 am
Rush_Hardroc
i'm sorry, but it's entirely unauthentic... I've heard of this and have seen the trailers for it on youtube... it's all fanmade and suffice it to say, it's not very good. It'll be impossible to recreate what Toei has produced by yourselves. I'm gonna politely ask that this be stopped. I want it to be the real deal or nothing at all... stick with fanfiction. ^_^ Sorry if you take offence, but must stand my ground.

And I'm gonna politely ask not to ruin everyone's fun . Let it be made. You have a choice of not watching it or even posting about it like I'm not reading anything of your fanfiction.

It's everyone else's choice if they -want- to see this thing through and/or partake in it.

And you know as good as everyone else that there will never be a 'Real Deal' 6th season of sailor moon.

So, as you take your stand, I'll take mine. Thank you very much.  

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500

headstartrestart

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:50 am
Rush_Hardroc

8D I never asked for your opinion, and I'd appriciate if you didn't post it on a board that has nothing to do with your opinions on whether it is good or not. There will never be a sixth season, so kindly go away and allow people to enjoy a fan series which they can actually help in.

I've mentioned MANY TIMES that it is fanmade. I'd appriciate it if you took your post down, because honestly, I don't care if you're against it. I'm all for it because it IS going to be good. You can't judge it at first glance because they're going to go more in depth to the story then just tossing in old enemies.

...Also, if it's not very good, then why are there so many people onboard the project?

Also, it will not be stopped. One person's view on it will not change it. If you don't like it, then don't click on the things on Youtube.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:05 am
Yes~! The list has been updated, we're making progress in gathering a voice cast! Thank you to everyone who has and is trying out!  

headstartrestart

B4D W0LF

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:03 am
you should post a sample of your voice so that people wishing to audition know what you want.

I would love to audition for usagi or haruka but would you rather me sound more like the japanese voice or the english?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:07 am
*sneaks around* ninja  

Jusu Kilappa

Shirtless Sex Symbol

9,450 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:10 am
Again, I'm sorry, but I had to say something. It feels like blasphemy (in a non-religeous sense). It feels wrong. And what are you going to do if Toei finds out about this and they decide to sue you for copyright infringment? Did you ever think about that?

AMVs and Fan-fiction are different, as they aren't altering the storyline in any way... (fan-fiction is exactly as it sounds... Fan-made Fiction... it doesn't officially count unless published.) It's not a matter of my opinion. I'd love to see a new series, but not a fake one... I want Naoko-hime to actually condone it and have Toei allow it to be made and distributed. They at least need to make a movie for the StarS season... That's a given, but I don't want to see a fake one. If there will not be a new one, then let it be so and let the people write, but not infringe.

Toei still owns the rights to Sailor Moon. To create a new series, or even a movie (doesn't matter what it is classified as) undermines the company's rights to the material. If you still decide to proceed with this, I'll leave you to your own devices, but bear in mind that you have been warned.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:20 am
Rush_Hardroc
Again, I'm sorry, but I had to say something. It feels like blasphemy (in a non-religeous sense). It feels wrong. And what are you going to do if Toei finds out about this and they decide to sue you for copyright infringment? Did you ever think about that?

AMVs and Fan-fiction are different, as they aren't altering the storyline in any way... (fan-fiction is exactly as it sounds... Fan-made Fiction... it doesn't officially count unless published.) It's not a matter of my opinion. I'd love to see a new series, but not a fake one... I want Naoko-hime to actually condone it and have Toei allow it to be made and distributed. They at least need to make a movie for the StarS season... That's a given, but I don't want to see a fake one. If there will not be a new one, then let it be so and let the people write, but not infringe.

Toei still owns the rights to Sailor Moon. To create a new series, or even a movie (doesn't matter what it is classified as) undermines the company's rights to the material. If you still decide to proceed with this, I'll leave you to your own devices, but bear in mind that you have been warned.

has been observed but stop posting such things as the thread marker requested. Toei cannot make -anything- Without Naoko's Consent.

Naoko doesn't seem to -mind- the Doujshin being published.

Also, no matter -how- much you protest, you -can't do anything about it since it's sold. No profit nothing.

That's like Saying 'Lingrie Senshi, Papallion Rose company should pay Toei.'.

And yes, Fanfiction- DOES- alter Storylines. This production is about the same as an AMV where you cut up clips to tell a story/put to music.

And doesn't it -undermine- the company rights that AMVs are made? That people post the shows for free when they could make money here.

Listen, Hardoc, I seriously doubt that you are an authority or in a position to do anything other than bad mouth it. People- Gasp shock!- yes people are willing to join it. They want to. They believe it's fun. That it will be fun.

I personally joined it myself because it would be fun. It's no different than Sera Myus that people host. Or Fandubbing(Also supposedly undermining in a way isn't it?)

and if it 'feels' wrong to you, than don't look here. It's up to -you- that you wanted to look and post here. You don't have to. You don't even have to pay any attention to what we're doing. (like I don't pay attention to your Fanfiction and you most likely don't pay no mind to mine.)  

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Are You Jelly? 500

headstartrestart

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:51 pm
Hardoc: Well, you want to know my opinion on this? It's a fanmade series. It's just like fanfiction, we just have the technology to further it and make it viewable, as well as voiced.

Did you ever stop to think that you're making an issue out of nothing? We've provided a disclaimer on the site, and it's made for enjoyment. Toei no longer sends out Sailor Moon, and it doesn't air on TV and the manga is rather hard to find.

You didn't have to say anything, you just felt like you could use your words to bully people into bending to your will. Now kindly get the hell off of my thread. We're not altering the story line, everything prior to UNIVERSE is completely intact. You're making little sense, and I don't think that Naoko is going to mind a group of fans making a little tribute to her. It's not an insult, not at all. It's not a fake one, and why the HELL are you so intent on making it seem like we're forcing it on you and you alone? Don't like it? Then don't watch it. Toei won't touch us because we're all teenagers who just happen to enjoy an old series.

It's not being sold. It's completely free to anybody who wants to watch it, and the only people who get hard copies of the material are the people who aid in it's production. Stop bellyaching because we're not harming anything, and I sincerely doubt that Naoko is going to get mad. If you look at the website instead of going on about what you've seen on Youtube, and acting like you know all, then you'd see that it's completely non-profit and we're merely having fun with it.

This? This was a chance for me to get in contact with a very old friend of mine and work on the one thing that brought us together when we were kids. It's for fun, and it's not harming anything. Again, we aren't tying you down to a chair and forcing you to look at this. You made a thread bashing the project, did you not? Then go back there and stay there. If you keep this up, then I'm just going to ignore you, and I advise everyone else to as well.

-points- Also, for reference, look at Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon. That wasn't a new season, and that went WAY off the mark on the first season, but it was good. Now kindly leave me to help the people who are interested in working on this project.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:59 pm
ParaPara-Hime@ xD I deleted my voice clips, actually. The microphone was spiking when I talked, so I deleted them and I'm waiting for the scripts to be underway before I post.

Either is fine. Don't try to sound too much like either version, though, add your own spin on it. xD I'd try for the Japanese, if you really want to go with the character voice of the Japanese version. Or, yeah.. Something like that.

Just speak clearly into the microphone. 8D No background noise and such.

Jusu85@ surprised I hope that you're using those ninja-skills for good, mister. I can't take anybody else bothering me.

Luamervara@
D: I love you. Seriously. I adore the way you're handling this... I'm just getting very irritated at this young man, but I'm glad that you're on board the project!

YES~! ONWARD TO NEW HORIZONS!

headstartrestart

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:37 pm
Shikyou_Blackwings
ParaPara-Hime@ xD I deleted my voice clips, actually. The microphone was spiking when I talked, so I deleted them and I'm waiting for the scripts to be underway before I post.

Either is fine. Don't try to sound too much like either version, though, add your own spin on it. xD I'd try for the Japanese, if you really want to go with the character voice of the Japanese version. Or, yeah.. Something like that.

Jusu85@ surprised I hope that you're using those ninja-skills for good, mister. I can't take anybody else bothering me.

Luamervara@
D: I love you. Seriously. I adore the way you're handling this... I'm just getting very irritated at this young man, but I'm glad that you're on board the project!

whee Don't worry about it. >>;; On these things like this, I pretty much ignore such things. D: I'm also the fan of PGSM Which was (alogn with the musical) the only Sailormoon things with the blessings/help of Naoko herself to ever be recently released.
(Pgsm-as in..oh...2006. Musical- from 1993/4- well...D: last I heard was 02? maybe 03? ) >>;;  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:00 pm
Shikyou_Blackwings

Luamervara@

one more thing, use japanese or english names sweatdrop
when i say the japanese names i tend to don a japanese accent
ive takken japanese classes so it come natturally
it would be more diffucult to say the japanese names with an american tone
sorry i'm nitpicky! x3

B4D W0LF

headstartrestart

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:03 am
ParaPara-Hime
Shikyou_Blackwings

Luamervara@

one more thing, use japanese or english names sweatdrop
when i say the japanese names i tend to don a japanese accent
ive takken japanese classes so it come natturally
it would be more diffucult to say the japanese names with an american tone
sorry i'm nitpicky! x3

ParaPara-Hime@ xD It's fine, it's fine. I think that we're using the Japanese names, actually. A Japanese accent on it would actually be pretty good, make it sound more professional and such.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:47 pm
XD;; *can't do a Japanese accent to save life. >> Oh the Southern girl voice.*  

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Are You Jelly? 500

B4D W0LF

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:54 pm
Luamervara
XD;; *can't do a Japanese accent to save life. >> Oh the Southern girl voice.*

try taking some japanese classes :3 it'll really help