Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
~*Official Anime/Manga/Etc. Thread.*~ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Japanese Entertainment Media!
  I like it.
  I love it.
  I want some more of it.
  I try so hard, I can't rise above it.
  Dont know what it is 'bout that little gals lovin,
  But I like it, I love it, I want some more of it.
View Results

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:25 am
Anonymouz
Dathu
Anonymouz
That Battle Royale manga was THE s**t. Seriously. Naruto's is also butt-kicking awesomest s**t too. But, Hellsing just owns them all. I hate it when comic books like those spawn off awful anime series. Love Hina is just SO ******** funny i couldn't read that in public without making people laugh their asses off by hearing me laugh my a** off. (no i usually DON'T read in public places, but the bus stop is as good as any other "public place"... right?)

Is the "Battle Royale" manga you're talking about the one that's based of Koushun Takami's novel "Battle Royale" about Jr. High kids that have to kill each other? If so, is it any good, cause the movie wasn't all that good compared to the book. If not, never mind. mrgreen

Dude, it's so good... i can't even THINK of any adjectives that make it justice. I mean... hotdammnit, jr high kids killing each other never seemed so right. aaand i usually don't advocate that kind of behaviour. But to answer your question. Yes. domokun

Sweet. I might have to check it out then. I really liked the book, and you how when you really like something you never really want it to end.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:31 am
Dathu
Anonymouz
Dathu
Anonymouz
That Battle Royale manga was THE s**t. Seriously. Naruto's is also butt-kicking awesomest s**t too. But, Hellsing just owns them all. I hate it when comic books like those spawn off awful anime series. Love Hina is just SO ******** funny i couldn't read that in public without making people laugh their asses off by hearing me laugh my a** off. (no i usually DON'T read in public places, but the bus stop is as good as any other "public place"... right?)

Is the "Battle Royale" manga you're talking about the one that's based of Koushun Takami's novel "Battle Royale" about Jr. High kids that have to kill each other? If so, is it any good, cause the movie wasn't all that good compared to the book. If not, never mind. mrgreen

Dude, it's so good... i can't even THINK of any adjectives that make it justice. I mean... hotdammnit, jr high kids killing each other never seemed so right. aaand i usually don't advocate that kind of behaviour. But to answer your question. Yes. domokun

Sweet. I might have to check it out then. I really liked the book, and you how when you really like something you never really want it to end.

Exactly... and yet, there IS a battle royale II now... but who knows how good could it be. I mean... it's like that spanish expression "Se quemaron el cerebro!" Which roughly translates into this context "The dude must've killed a LOT of neurons coming up with this one story" So... yeah... hoping it to be, if possible, just as good, but not really expecting it to surpass the predecessor.  

AnonymouZ

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:34 am
Anonymouz
Dathu
Anonymouz
Dathu
Anonymouz

Exactly... and yet, there IS a battle royale II now... but who knows how good could it be. I mean... it's like that spanish expression "Se quemaron el cerebro!" Which roughly translates into this context "The dude must've killed a LOT of neurons coming up with this one story" So... yeah... hoping it to be, if possible, just as good, but not really expecting it to surpass the predecessor.

I donno about the book or the manga, but I heard that the "Battle Royale II" movie wasn't very good. Plus I've had a hard time finding it in book form, but since I heard it wasn't that good anyway, I haven't been trying all that hard. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:41 am
Ha, yes yes. I was referring to the new manga however. I just read reviews of the second movie... and man oh man. It does seem to suck. Oh well.  

AnonymouZ

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:22 pm
Just so you know, I have no delusions of being an artist. I know I can't draw. I drew this to prove a point to my roommate. I stated that if I had a flawless memory (photographic), that I'd have the makings of a great artist in me since some of the best painters were simply trying to recreate what they saw. I continued to say that after years of drawing from memory (learning the rules) you'd then be able to draw more abstractly or impressionistically (break the rules). He argued that just because you can see it or remember it doesn't mean you can draw it. He went on to say that the ability to draw is a gift and not a skill that can be learned. I partially agree with that, but to prove that anyone can draw what they see, I tried my best to duplicate a picture of Lena Inverse form a an internet picture. The fact that he knows I can't draw for s**t making it all the more favorable to my arguement.

User Image

I won the debate, but I do agree that drawing from your eyes is easier than drawing from your imagination.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:09 am
Interesting... i would've gone with your friend here... but i guess... this evidence shows the opposite.

Nice drawing too! hahaha

What do you guys think about the new manga stuff that is not mirrored images just different words? It took me like half a book to get used to it... however, after reading mangas for what seemed to be months (Ames Public Library is THE s**t) it was equally hard trying to read the normal DC/Marvel comics... Does anyone have trouble adjusting between the books' differences?  

AnonymouZ

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:51 pm
Anonymouz
Interesting... i would've gone with your friend here... but i guess... this evidence shows the opposite.

Nice drawing too! hahaha

What do you guys think about the new manga stuff that is not mirrored images just different words? It took me like half a book to get used to it... however, after reading mangas for what seemed to be months (Ames Public Library is THE s**t) it was equally hard trying to read the normal DC/Marvel comics... Does anyone have trouble adjusting between the books' differences?

You mean how they are publish to be read from right to left? If so, then yeah it is weird. But I actually major in Japanese at college and so I've been reading from right to left for a couple fo years. I think it's cool though. It gives them a gimmick to make them unique.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:57 am
You son of a! What could you possibly do with a major in Japanese anyway?  

AnonymouZ

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:13 pm
Anonymouz

"Son of a." neutral Why so angry? Jealous? mrgreen Well, there's a lot actually. For one, the automotive industry is big on translators. Since there's a huge demand for Japanese parts and designs for car, engines, ect, there is a demand for translators to convert manuals, lables, or even inscribed kanji. On the business front, interpreters are in demand for negotiations. One kid got a job at Armani (spelling) in Japan as an international relations manager. Usually, it good to double major it or get a minor in something. I'm trying for a minor in Business. I'll probably end up working for an online translation company before I get better job, and I am going to study abroad for a while and get a job in Japan so it'll look better on my resume. There is a lot you can do with a language major, including teaching either foriegn or domestic, but you won't be a millionaire, you'll probably get stuck around 40-60 thousand. But I like it so I'm cool with that.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:26 pm
Dathu
I heard Sakura Diaries was odd or was that Excel Saga. question

Sakura Diaries is ******** weird. Not just weird, its ******** weird. Okay, no, Legend of Lemnear is worse but still. Theres lots of incest in Sakura Diaries. And while its cousins and thats technically okay in Japan its... pretty freaky to me. She walks around in nothing but an apron and panties pretty early on in the series. Definately not what my friends and I were expecting. I mean... I suppose its cute... I dunno, its been a long time since I've watched it. But meh.

I've heard of Excel Saga but never watched/gotten into it. *shrugs*  

PickleBoy

AnonymouZ

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:01 am
Dathu
Anonymouz

"Son of a." neutral Why so angry? Jealous? mrgreen Well, there's a lot actually. For one, the automotive industry is big on translators. Since there's a huge demand for Japanese parts and designs for car, engines, ect, there is a demand for translators to convert manuals, lables, or even inscribed kanji. On the business front, interpreters are in demand for negotiations. One kid got a job at Armani (spelling) in Japan as an international relations manager. Usually, it good to double major it or get a minor in something. I'm trying for a minor in Business. I'll probably end up working for an online translation company before I get better job, and I am going to study abroad for a while and get a job in Japan so it'll look better on my resume. There is a lot you can do with a language major, including teaching either foriegn or domestic, but you won't be a millionaire, you'll probably get stuck around 40-60 thousand. But I like it so I'm cool with that.

Jealous indeed. The only thing i might do with Japan is -maybe-, just probably, if i work my a** of, but i probably wont', go to japan and get a masters degree for whatever field in psychology. As it turns out Japan makes it kinda easy for my country to get a scholarship to go there and get some undergrad/masters/PhD degrees or something. Well, it's only easy if you past the test and have all the requirements, which last time i looked i had half of them. Nevertheless, i consider myself lucky cuz one of the requirements is good english and/or japanese. Since i am kinda coherent and fluid in English (writing at least) that makes it easy for me. cool

and 40-60k doesn't sound that bad... unless you want 4 kids and later on divorce your sweetheart.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:51 pm
Anonymouz
Dathu
Anonymouz

Jealous indeed. The only thing i might do with Japan is -maybe-, just probably, if i work my a** of, but i probably wont', go to japan and get a masters degree for whatever field in psychology. As it turns out Japan makes it kinda easy for my country to get a scholarship to go there and get some undergrad/masters/PhD degrees or something. Well, it's only easy if you past the test and have all the requirements, which last time i looked i had half of them. Nevertheless, i consider myself lucky cuz one of the requirements is good english and/or japanese. Since i am kinda coherent and fluid in English (writing at least) that makes it easy for me. cool

and 40-60k doesn't sound that bad... unless you want 4 kids and later on divorce your sweetheart.

Yeah, you're probably right, but I'm a brat, so I always want more money. sweatdrop But yeah, you should go to Nihon. All most all my friends who've gone loved it. Just...if some guy starts yelling at you and he's missing a pinky, and I'm not even ******** around when I say this, no matter what he says, just walk away. Seriously. Other than that, it's pretty safe. biggrin  

Dathu

Newbie Noob

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:39 pm

• I like manga and anime, but I've never been quite into it enough to really go out and buy a lot or read/watch a lot o.x I enjoy it when I do though. Like princess mononoke. I've read several of Ragnarok, at least one thing by clamp, mega tokyo, dragon ball, several of Rebirth. Rebirth and ragnarok are korean I think though.
        And, I'll admit it, I kinda like Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z. Okay? D:< It grew on me because it was funny. Buu make you chocolate.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:36 pm
Dathu
But yeah, you should go to Nihon. All most all my friends who've gone loved it. Just...if some guy starts yelling at you and he's missing a pinky, and I'm not even ******** around when I say this, no matter what he says, just walk away. Seriously. Other than that, it's pretty safe. biggrin

Funny, i think you're not the first one who mentions the missing pinky and the yelling. Deja Vu <-----SUCH a good movie. xD

And i also like DBZ... I don't know why it really got me hooked up though, all i know is that it really rocked back in the day. Sadly, i never got to watch (on tv anyway) the DBGT episodes. evil  

AnonymouZ

C.E.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:19 pm
uhg. im a big anime nerd tho i try not to advertize it IRL. specially since im in my mid 20's gonk

i do however cosplay and attend a lot of conventions year round.
the shows and manga i am presently into are d. greyman, death note, speed grapher, trinity blood, bleach... as for older favorites, berserk, berserk, berserk, kodocha, gto and plenty others... im just blanking at the moment.

i also play an obscene ammount of video games. many of them hailing from the land that brings us anime and manga ;p  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff