Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

shoe_trophy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:14 pm
Artimus_Twitch
Kurushindeiru
Artimus_Twitch

Personally I think its pretty stupied she would ask you guys to cover them up. I would find it rude if that were asked of me.
But I also bare my tattoos with way too much pride to submit to cover them...ever.

I absolutely agree, but then my friends know better than to say something like that to me. X3

this so got turned around on me tonight too!
I am a bridesmaid this june... her familly just asked that I cover my tattoos for the wedding ceremony/photos, because they dont want that in the photos stare
Its going to be hard with haveing to cover... 5 tattoos and a full sleave.. in sleaveless dresses!
I actually got pretty insulted, and dont want to comply...

That sounds rather impossible, Twitch.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:37 pm
LittleGreenGirl
x.Paper Wings.x
That's fairly ******** up.

I mean, those tattoos are a part of who you are. And if you're good enough to be her bridesmaid, the your tattoss are kinda part of the package. I mean, you're letting her pick the dresses - she can't pick which piercings and tattoos are on show for the day as well. They're a part of you. The way I see it, you get all of me or none of me.

I partially agree with this, but I also had to look at it from another angle. I mean, I've been to several weddings where several bridesmaids had tattoos, piercings, funky hair, etc. While I liked it, I noticed that a lot of other people at the wedding were more focused on them than the bride. Not all of it was negative attention, and normally I'd say who really gives a flying ********, but really it's the bride's day. The attention should be on her.

-- thanks for the ideas, guys, by the way!

True, but that's those simple minded people's fault who find a colouredy picture or a piece of metal more inruiging than a pledge by two people to spend eternity together.

It seems like the bride is either selfish, conceited or self-conscious, if that's their reasoning for wanting you to hide your tattoos! That's asking your sister, who happens to be a model, if she could wear no make-up and gain a few pounds for the day so that they wouldn't get more attention than the bride!  

x.Paper Wings.x

LittleGreenGirl

Sparkly Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:18 am
x.Paper Wings.x
LittleGreenGirl
x.Paper Wings.x

I mean, those tattoos are a part of who you are. And if you're good enough to be her bridesmaid, the your tattoss are kinda part of the package. I mean, you're letting her pick the dresses - she can't pick which piercings and tattoos are on show for the day as well. They're a part of you. The way I see it, you get all of me or none of me.

I partially agree with this, but I also had to look at it from another angle. I mean, I've been to several weddings where several bridesmaids had tattoos, piercings, funky hair, etc. While I liked it, I noticed that a lot of other people at the wedding were more focused on them than the bride. Not all of it was negative attention, and normally I'd say who really gives a flying ********, but really it's the bride's day. The attention should be on her.

True, but that's those simple minded people's fault who find a colouredy picture or a piece of metal more inruiging than a pledge by two people to spend eternity together.

It seems like the bride is either selfish, conceited or self-conscious, if that's their reasoning for wanting you to hide your tattoos! That's asking your sister, who happens to be a model, if she could wear no make-up and gain a few pounds for the day so that they wouldn't get more attention than the bride!

Yes, it's their fault, but it's still the reality. At my own wedding I could do my part in changing or at least spitting in the face of that reality, but I'm not going to try to force my best friend to do that at hers. If she were selfish or conceited she wouldn't be my best friend, and who isn't a little self-conscious? Especially about their wedding! I mean, it's rather a big deal.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:56 pm
LittleGreenGirl
x.Paper Wings.x
LittleGreenGirl
x.Paper Wings.x

Yes, it's their fault, but it's still the reality. At my own wedding I could do my part in changing or at least spitting in the face of that reality, but I'm not going to try to force my best friend to do that at hers. If she were selfish or conceited she wouldn't be my best friend, and who isn't a little self-conscious? Especially about their wedding! I mean, it's rather a big deal.

Oh I completely understand that! And please don't think I'm having a go at your friend or anything, because I can understand where she's coming from - but I just feel like if it was me I wouldn't be happy doing that. I don't know. I guess I'd feel a bit insulted - so maybe that's ME being self-conscious and conceited! What a funny world we all make for ourselves! rofl  

x.Paper Wings.x

LittleGreenGirl

Sparkly Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:23 am
x.Paper Wings.x

Oh I completely understand that! And please don't think I'm having a go at your friend or anything, because I can understand where she's coming from - but I just feel like if it was me I wouldn't be happy doing that. I don't know. I guess I'd feel a bit insulted - so maybe that's ME being self-conscious and conceited! What a funny world we all make for ourselves! rofl

Indeed! mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:15 pm
~Eurydice~
With all the weddings coming up, it seems as if this is a re-occuring issue I keep hearing of. I am so sick of this whole "perfect wedding" image that people have going.

My friend's sister is getting married and wants her to be one of her bridesmaids but my friend has recently stretched her ear lobes to a 6g. Her sister was putting up a fit that she better find a way to have diamond studs in those although my friend didn't want to have to re-stretch her ears.

I have a friend who is getting married within the next couple of years and we often talk about her wedding. She specifically says she doesn't want me to be in it because of my tattoos and piercings. Because she doesn't think they'll look good in her wedding and they'll draw too much attention. I thought it was pretty shitty.

I hate conventional and traditional bullshit views.

Oh I hear you.

That's gross of anyone, to choose to omit a person who is important to them over their choice of decorating their body.

Since when did tattoos become some ugly thing to be ashamed of anyway? We don't pay all that money and spend all that time under the needle so that we can look hideous, now, do we!? scream

My wedding was classy and I felt radiant as a bride, and I *MADE SURE* I wore a dress that didn't hide my tattoos

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Anyone who wants to tell me that they make this picture imperfect can feel free to kiss my a** xd  

Angel de Lys

babies-in-a-cage

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:26 pm
Dude! I had the same problem with my job. I couldn't find a way so I just bandage it up EVERY MORNING! crying gonk  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:49 pm
Angel Del Carmen

Anyone who wants to tell me that they make this picture imperfect can feel free to kiss my a** xd

Actually, I want to say the exact opposite. At first, I thought it was part of the dress! That's how well they compliment it. I love it.

babies-in-a-cage

Dude! I had the same problem with my job. I couldn't find a way so I just bandage it up EVERY MORNING!

That's how it is with me and my piercings and my job. Right now, I have to take out every earring in my ear except the bottom lobe ones, and I have to put a band-aid over my eyebrow piercings. Lucky they can't see my n****e piercings, or they'd want me to cover those two. scream

And I just got my left eyebrow done twice too. So, it's band-aids on each side, every day I work. XD It's funny as hell.

I wonder, if I work there still, what they'd say to me putting band-aids over my lip when I get my snakebites? They'd prolly fire me. DX

Simim

5,750 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Tattoos

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items