Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
Have u ever been mistaked for a different nationality? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have u been mistakened for a different nationality before?
  yes
  no
View Results

Zhanglee

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:54 pm
Ah...well i guess i'm the only person that ppl know im Azn xD
but i tihnk they didn't know if i was mandarin or the other one..  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:50 am
Because I'm one of the top students in my Jap class, some of them assume I'm Jap. >.>`

Well... some of my friends said I looked Korean, does that count?

I guess that's all.

aqua_rhapsody

flowercard

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:11 am
someone said i was korean and japanese  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:21 pm
people said that I looked like I come from japan and indonesia.  

Fawa

-LittleDuckatBigpond-

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:14 am
Ahh nah... Its pretty obvious what nationality I am and not by my accent. However I mistook and Singaporean for a Japanese person... I know I know I'm a stupid foriegner. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:05 am
ooo....nice subject, yesterday, i just so happened to have my CHINESE essay in my binder and i opened it. MY FRIEND looked at it and said, "oh, u can read japanese?" i was like....no

anyway, people dont noe that im also veitnamese...ive even been mistaken for korean...but neva philipino...  

[gurl_Emma]

draven_heart

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:31 pm
People assume im chinese, which I am. What really surprised me, was this one time, some stupid guy thought I was an Aboriginal (Canada), he asked me if I ever went to a pow wow. I was very offended. After he found out I was Chinese, he went on to ask me if I used chopsticks...etc..etc...  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:39 pm
Jazu-chan
Ahh nah... Its pretty obvious what nationality I am and not by my accent. However I mistook and Singaporean for a Japanese person... I know I know I'm a stupid foriegner. sweatdrop

hello.
i'm a s'porean chinese.
uh.. actually, i dun really know where u from (:
singapore has 4 races, malay, indian, chinese and eurasian.
so i think u mistook the chinese for a japanese?
(: i've never been mistaken before, unless i'm overseas, cos s'pore is basically "chinese knows you are malay and indian, indians know you are malay and chinese, and malay knows you are chinese and indians".

ok, that's rather lame but yeah.

mrgreen  

kt_jingle

-alwaysmile-

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:25 pm
Jazu-chan

no you're not <3 ppl make mistakes razz  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:27 pm
draven_heart
People assume im chinese, which I am. What really surprised me, was this one time, some stupid guy thought I was an Aboriginal (Canada), he asked me if I ever went to a pow wow. I was very offended. After he found out I was Chinese, he went on to ask me if I used chopsticks...etc..etc...

Whoa! How can someone mistaken u for an Aboriginal?? Lol...hmm maybe unless u are really tanned or something ^^  

-alwaysmile-

jelly doughnut

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:39 pm
People mistaken me for a Korean all the time.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:16 pm
ok. i'm chinese and so ppl who are stupid and dont know nothing bout northerners say are you japanese/korean/or chinese?? it's annoying!!!  

[.Mihiko-chan.]

lioness_queen

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:37 pm
no one has ever mistaken me, which I'm happy for. YAY! xd  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:14 pm
Plenty. I have to be called Korean, Japanese, and Vietnamese at least once before they get through their head that I'm Chinese. D<  

JhonnyRaincloud

Dapper Member

-alwaysmile-

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:23 pm
sasa_powa_4eva
black_fairy12
sasa_powa_4eva
I'd been mistaken for Janpanese, Cambodian, half Asian-half asian and even an adopted asian girl by a french parents! (Yeah because Ia lways hang out with caucasian and the university Im going is a French university in Quebec)

Oh cool xD I'm planning to go into a french program in highschool biggrin

That's a really good idea! French is actually my second language (after cantonese) and English is my third. Well, Qubec is a French province (called state in U.S.) so I have no choice to go to a French Elementary and high school.

Wow! So u speak it fluently than? That's neat ^^ My oral communication isn't too good (u last term =_= wink and then my reading and writing mark was in the high 90's. I know a friend who grew up in Montreal and learned Russian first..and then French..and then english ^^ Lol, she doesn't look russian because she's a mixed, half Russian and half French razz It's pretty cool...but I don't know how she got her brittish accent from whee ..or was it french? Lol  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff