Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Between me and you Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dubbed or Japanese?
Dubbed
13%
 13%  [ 5 ]
Japanese
51%
 51%  [ 19 ]
Either One
35%
 35%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 37

arononkorr

3,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:28 pm
Solar Kitty-chan
Nisora
1. Don't blame America - blame Canada.
2. They do it because they dislike homosexuals. Well maybe not, but they most likely figured showing homosexual-esque things to children will make them gay..(or make angry parents demand the show to come off the air) which is retarded because even though they cut all of that stuff out, and turned it around and twisted it up, I'm still gay.
Looks like they failed. Hahahahahahaha.

You might want to watch the things you say. There are Canadians in this guild.

canadians rule ^_^, i mean, they gave us The Kids in the Hall, Jim Carrey, Mike Meyers, Colin Mochery, Ryan Styles.........should i continue, i think not.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:36 pm
Nisora
2. They do it because they dislike homosexuals. Well maybe not, but they most likely figured showing homosexual-esque things to children will make them gay..(or make angry parents demand the show to come off the air) which is retarded because even though they cut all of that stuff out, and turned it around and twisted it up, I'm still gay.

1. Why just blame Canada??? Because you can? Please think more carefully on how you word things. Other people could take great offense even when you don't intend it.

And reason two isn't just a Canadian thing. I know because I AM Canadian.

I just blame the company(ies) involved in the dubbing process. And I blame them for all the screwed up stuff: incorrect translation and all the out to lunch changes that they did to practically ruin the dubbed series compared to the manga. Don't blame a country or it's people. Point the finger at who's actually responsible for it. For example, Winx Club is Italian, and 4kids ISN'T Canadian. I have a friend who has the original RAI version (original Italian versions) and she's pointed out huge differences that got changed by whomever did the dubbing and she says it's just as slaughtered as SM is.  

Angel Darkchylde

Polexeny

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:20 am
random or not or whatever.. for me its still funny..

hahahahahaha.. love sailormoon so much! blaugh heart  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:21 pm
apparently someone doesn't have a sarcastic bone in their body. -_-;  

Velma Touched My Tralala

IRL Dog

6,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Kaidan

Ruthless Informer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:30 am
arononkorr
Solar Kitty-chan
Nisora

canadians rule ^_^, i mean, they gave us The Kids in the Hall, Jim Carrey, Mike Meyers, Colin Mochery, Ryan Styles.........should i continue, i think not.
And Heroes up for download a whole day earlier. ;D  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:31 am
arononkorr
Solar Kitty-chan
Nisora

thanks i like to think we rule to.
I don't think the girl who origanlly put blame canada meant anything mean by it,just was quoting the thing from south park.
(south park moive they have a song called blame canada done in jest)  

[GS] Sailor Mau

[GS] Sailor Mau

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:38 am
the whole changing the story in america version is a bit frusating,that is why i like the japanese version with subtitles,that way it still is true to the story.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:57 pm
G.A.I.A Sailor Mau
arononkorr
Solar Kitty-chan
Nisora

thanks i like to think we rule to.
I don't think the girl who origanlly put blame canada meant anything mean by it,just was quoting the thing from south park.
(south park moive they have a song called blame canada done in jest)

Lol, thank you. That was exactly what I meant.  

Velma Touched My Tralala

IRL Dog

6,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Elocutionist 200

kawaiibunny3

8,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:00 pm
it's just how our society is......get over it.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:30 pm
All i'm gonna say is that because of the dubbed, I got into Sailor Moon. Once I got the interent at home I was able to dl the subbed version, I was able to undertand Sailor Moon a whole lot better. Thank goodness for Interent!! ^_^  

whip goddess

minimiau

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:16 pm
I prefer Japanise, one day i herd it in english and i better like in japanise  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:13 pm
arononkorr
Solar Kitty-chan
Nisora

ya Canadians rule, but not just because of the famous people, but of their peacekeeping, and of course the beaver...lol  

Synthetic.Darkness`

Synthetic.Darkness`

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:15 pm
Angel_Darkchylde
Nisora

1. Why just blame Canada??? Because you can? Please think more carefully on how you word things. Other people could take great offense even when you don't intend it.

And reason two isn't just a Canadian thing. I know because I AM Canadian.

I just blame the company(ies) involved in the dubbing process. And I blame them for all the screwed up stuff: incorrect translation and all the out to lunch changes that they did to practically ruin the dubbed series compared to the manga. Don't blame a country or it's people. Point the finger at who's actually responsible for it. For example, Winx Club is Italian, and 4kids ISN'T Canadian. I have a friend who has the original RAI version (original Italian versions) and she's pointed out huge differences that got changed by whomever did the dubbing and she says it's just as slaughtered as SM is.

Here, here, well said...  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:29 pm
North America is more uptight than Japan. But then again, sometimes it's called for. And it's not only Sailor Moon - common animes like the Dragonball series (including all its spinoffs), Yu-gi-oh, and especially Naruto are all dubbed because of violence, language, and other inappropriate content. Unfortunately, homosexuality is considered inappropriate content.

But sometimes it's called for. In the episode 'Day of Destiny', the original Japanese version was split into 2 parts. In the original sub., it was made quite clear that the senshi and even Usagi and Mamoru died after the battle with Beryl. Also, in the scene where Usagi uses her moon locket on Endymion to heal him, a large part is cut out where he nearly beats her to death - choking her, hitting her with roses, and the like. He actually almost stabs her with his sword too.
Imagine some little girl watching that (I myself was only 7 when I first saw it), and adoring the couple only to see Mamoru almost kill Usagi!
Like I said, sometime's it's called for.

Simply put, consider the dub more kid-friendly. Society's lame that way, but there's nothing we can do about it.

+Trynyti+

Magical Girl BunnyWinx

Angelic Spirit

9,675 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:41 am
+Trynyti+
North America is more uptight than Japan. But then again, sometimes it's called for. And it's not only Sailor Moon - common animes like the Dragonball series (including all its spinoffs), Yu-gi-oh, and especially Naruto are all dubbed because of violence, language, and other inappropriate content. Unfortunately, homosexuality is considered inappropriate content.

But sometimes it's called for. In the episode 'Day of Destiny', the original Japanese version was split into 2 parts. In the original sub., it was made quite clear that the senshi and even Usagi and Mamoru died after the battle with Beryl. Also, in the scene where Usagi uses her moon locket on Endymion to heal him, a large part is cut out where he nearly beats her to death - choking her, hitting her with roses, and the like. He actually almost stabs her with his sword too.
Imagine some little girl watching that (I myself was only 7 when I first saw it), and adoring the couple only to see Mamoru almost kill Usagi!
Like I said, sometime's it's called for.

Simply put, consider the dub more kid-friendly. Society's lame that way, but there's nothing we can do about it.

Yes - I completely agree with what you've said.

When we were introduced to the series as young children,
it was more enjoyable for us because of the way that it was presented.
It's perfectly fine to learn about what was changed as you grow older and look into the series more.

Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff