Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)
Classics Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:47 am
xLIZA
Chaos A.D.
Rellik San
rikaLeshay
NIRVANA
Queen
Smashing Pumpkins

Yes nirvana, the band responsible solely for the death pf grunge... HA! they barely even qualify as a grunge band, Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, Sound Garden... pssshhhh, they are real grunge.

Anyway, I'd list my favorite bands, but half of you wouldn't have heard of them, the other half wouldn't be able to pronounce their names...

So I'll settle for the smug sense of security, that everyone here except Chaos, has very unrefined taste in music. Except Miss ann thrope_x... mainly because she'll cause me physical harm otherwise. D:
if the kids listen to the bands they're posting, they have good music tastes, for he classics

Rellik: that hurts.

I think this thread is slightly more "let's name all the classics we can think of to sound cool" than "let's name bands we actually know anything about".

Awwww I'm sorry, ok I'll revise, everyone here has unrefined sense of taste, except for me, Chaos, Isel, xLiza, Miss ann thrope_x.

Hence why I didn't put up Yngwie Malmstein. Like I said, few will have heard of him, let alone be able to pronounce his name.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:22 pm
Isel
vegan_mosherXkidd

nirvana

*gets on knees* Baby Jesus, sometimes it seems that people just are asking me to s**t on them. What do I do? Do I really drop trou, spread my glorious assflaps, and unleash a great mighty poo?

ok not a classic,

but seriously was that called for........ i said post your favorites.... not s**t on people cuz you don't like what they have to say ... mkay?  

vegan_mosherXkidd

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:15 pm
vegan_mosherXkidd
Isel
vegan_mosherXkidd

nirvana

*gets on knees* Baby Jesus, sometimes it seems that people just are asking me to s**t on them. What do I do? Do I really drop trou, spread my glorious assflaps, and unleash a great mighty poo?

ok not a classic,

but seriously was that called for........ i said post your favorites.... not s**t on people cuz you don't like what they have to say ... mkay?

He has a point, Nirvana were not the start of the grunge boom, they were the cause for the death of the genre near enough. Pearl Jam, Sound Garden and Alice in Chains are much better examples of grunge then Nirvana will ever be.

The only reason for Nirvana's success was because Kurt was a pretty boy and so all the teenage girls would buy the album. The music world was done a favour when he shot himself... actually it wasn't, because since then, people that weren't even born when he did it, whine about his death.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:30 pm
I mean, Kurt said it himself- their biggest hit was an attempt to rip off the Pixies, which is also not another grunge band.

Nirvana can't be grunge, really... it's more like punk for stoners. Hairspray Queen is absurd to the point of hilarity, and Aero Zeppelin was their only truly good song, since Kurt could actually put out a good solo in it. It also exhibits Dave Grohl's best drumming during his time in Nirvana.

However, everything else is mediocre background noise at best.

True grunge:

-Skin Yard
-Soundgarden
-Tad
-Mother Love Bone (of course, that borders more on a cross between Pearl Jam and sleaze metal)
-Alice in Chains
-Green River
-Mudhoney

-Isel-

BeckytheGoat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:06 pm
oh god...  
The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games