Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
"I won't take this from my inferiors!"(The joys of a debate) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

cup_noodles

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:05 pm
Sangu, your post just made my day.

As a lurker of the ED I find that there are too many people like that out there.
It drives me insane that people will walk into a debate fully unprepared and fully expect to win.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:49 pm
Niveous
I, may not act it, but deep down I respect every single person I talk to.

My take on it is this....life...is a complex jigsaw puzzle,and no matter how many pieces you have learned, every person has their own unique piece to add.

That's a good one though! "They need a blog" You mind if I steal it?

I'm tired of telling people, "I'm not your therapist"
Now I can say, "Do I look like a blog for your angst? The question was rhetorical, so SIT DOWN pacchinno and drive around!"

Yes, its shock value, the less I make sense the more someone will not react and stay in a state of confusion. Anyway, I'm not sure, but that came dangeously close to a rant. lol
I don't mind though. It's worth ranting about, it just has so many issues with it. Got to love the "Natzi Police" The Law is grammar, not context.
They can't arrest themselves after all.

Anyway, it's one reason I don't even bother anymore. The potential disaster in a self proclaimed intelligent forum or chat is enough to make me say "Maybe later....."

That's why Ilike it here, No one picks on me, even when I'm not the nicest person. Everyone will hear you out. We even have a Christian here, and she/he seems to get along fine.

Anyway, blogs are great, everyone who's having a rough day shouold get one. Venting on paper is just a great way to cool down.

I respect people for who they are, but that doesn't mean I'll always agree with what comes out of thier mouth, or in the forums.

I like your analogy to jigsaw puzzles.

Oh...the blog part? Steal away.

That was a bit close to a rant. Grammar Police? Oh....that is always amusing. When a person can't back themselves up they turn to picking a person apart for having "Bad grammar" or "typos", or "mispelled words" as though any of that has anything to do with the validity of what is being said.

I don't care...."the sky is bleu" still means that the color of the sky when clouds are not present, and the sun is up is blue, regardless of spelling or capitalization errors. "The sky is blue", or "the sky is bleu"....one is more coherent than the other but they mean the same thing.

As long as it isn't "Teh ski is blu" than you are okay. You look at "ski" and suddenly...."Who has a blue ski?" not "You are saying the sky is what color?" pops into a person's head.

Yeah...venting on paper is a good way to deal with overwhelmed emotions...which is probably why overly emotional people turn to writing "Emo poetry." It is a way of coping. Blogs arn't paper though...but the purpose is still the same as a journal, except it's not so private.

Sanguvixen

Sanguvixen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:52 pm
cup_noodles
Sangu, your post just made my day.

As a lurker of the ED I find that there are too many people like that out there.
It drives me insane that people will walk into a debate fully unprepared and fully expect to win.

I'm glad to be of service. That post made my day the day it was written.

I've seen that before. A battle of wits with an unarmed person can go two ways. The witless can stand, and insult, or the wit-ful can burn them with knowledge, and then quietly walk away.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:47 pm
Whoot! Guess I'm Emo!

lol  

Niveous

[x] Natasha [x]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:42 am
I seem quite emo...I write poetry when I get depressed. No-one ever sees my poems...unless I post the random ones in my journal. The ones in there aren't really raw emotions though.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:08 pm
[x] Natasha [x]
I seem quite emo...I write poetry when I get depressed. No-one ever sees my poems...unless I post the random ones in my journal. The ones in there aren't really raw emotions though.

I think the problem with emo/emotion poetry is that people try to turn it into a art that it isn't meant to be. When you write poetry while under the influence of heavy emotions you just can't churn out good stuff.

There is nothing wrong with overly emotion poetry, except you really should keep the stuff to yourself.

Sanguvixen

Niveous

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:12 am
Yeah, the artist in me is not happy with a sappy or whinny piece.

I have to make it...cryptic..universal....free flowing off the tongue. Pleasing to the ear. Eerie...thought provoking.

But it's usually always dark. I have maybe...5% happy.
I used to keep it to myself.
For some reason everyone says I have talent.

But blogs, I just HAVE to rant. I think they were made just for ranting. But my rants aren't even always emotional. I get that....weird philosophic stuff going on. I can't help it. I love to question things.  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff