Reply Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild
Have You Been Corrupted Yet? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

OhtarwenElenya

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:47 pm
Oh yeah. Lol. I've never really been that religious but after reading AS, my friend and I go around saying, "We aren't devil worshippers, we just love Lucifer!" Lol.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:33 am
Angel Sanctuary corrupted my manga reading habits but that's about it just because I started reading boy love shortly stuff afterwards. My logic is that if the worst I can say about a manga is "the boys are kissing each other," it's still a lot more tame than Angel Sanctuary.  

Sheard

Man-Hungry Kitten

9,750 Points
  • Married 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Cat Fancier 100

lbl_Flamesi

IRL Gekko

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:38 pm
Haven't read much of Angel Sanctuary yet, but there's nothing yet that's really had a profound impact on certain things in my life. This could possibly be because I was already corrupted by the time I started reading her stuff. I find myself a bit of an atheist, though this is more because I find it hard to believe in any sort of religion. Not what I mean by "corruption", though.

<_<; As in, the incest. It appears in all of Kaori Yuki's works in some form or another... and strangely, causes me neither to do a double take, and is a small part in the reason why I like her works. S'what happens when you read lots of books by V.C. Andrews.

ninja

Actually, when I saw the thread title I thought more immediatly of the incest then the religious issues... biblical interpretation isn't something new to any medium of literature (ex. Paradise Lost), and is even more apparent in the many different off-shoots of religion.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:58 pm
I don't really consider it 'corrupted', but... biggrin I certainly have different views than before. Prior to reading her works, I'd just... "Think" like a normal person. Afterwards, I kind of took things in a stride. Like, I'm not so shocked now when I hear this kind of stuff.

I guess I'm also more open to incest (Like, I won't lynch anyone that *likes* their family in that way). Well, whatever...

Lumicran_Minamoto

Cynical Strawberry

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:55 pm
Please. I was an Agnostic Santanist (who tends to look into and explore and experiment in many other religions) loooong before Kaori Yuki's Angel Sanctuary. All I really thought was, 'Pretty boys! Yum!' xD And I thought it was interesting that she thought God was a computer. She might have something there, IMO.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:21 pm
oh baby yes...! heart  

SolstanceBeat

Brenli

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:55 pm
I consider myself "corrupted" before I read AS. Reading AS just helped cement things into place.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:55 pm
cant really say i was currupted by it~! xD i'v always been currupted!! sence the moment i saw it i was like "OMG thares actually someone who thinks the same as me~!!! yay!" Lucifer is so smexy~~~! [and really! how can anyone think he's ugly?! they even say (i think in the bible...but then iv never read that) that he "was" the most beautiful angel~!] and god just has to be evil! and him being like a computer made me crack up so hard [its all a sham! their hiding behind their freakin' glittery sparkly clouds~, i tell you!] so yah....but its sort of pushed me even further into thinking that way lol xDD

lucifer should rule....no joke man....no~~~ joke~! hell seems to have much better rule~! more balance~!  

Yuuasa

Kunyue

4,275 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:18 am
Well yeah!! O__O He is pretty.... ¬¬ actually ... yeah....x__x  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:51 am
i'm fairly religious, and i usually keep the two seperated, but it's fun to look and see where Kaori Yuki got the ideas of AS. i like the way she portrayed heaven and hell, and lucifer (from AS) is absolutley amazing! xd  

izu-sama

Seliece

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:52 pm
Pshaaaaw. Kaori Yuki's luff in a bag. If this is corruption, she can corrupt me all she wants. heart

Mm. I've always thought Lucifer was rather pretty. 8D I tend to draw pretty boys, so...yea. All the better~

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:58 pm
Nope, no corruption, as I am not religious.

However, I did go to a Catholic school, and learned a lot about the Bible academically.

Actually, Satan/Lucifer is barely mentioned in the Bible. The thought that Satan corrupted Adam and Eve is actually an interpretation that came later. When Genesis was written, the Jews did not really have a concept of Satan. The snake is more of a symbol of sexuality. That is because, at the time, the Jews encountered the Canaanites, who worshiped Ba'al. Worship of Ba'al entailed big orgies in order to incite the gods to make the land fertile. The Jews were foragers and herders while the Canaanites were farmers. It was a collision of cultures and the Jews were like eek upon encountering them.

Keep in mind, this is from a Catholic academic viewpoint. Other denominations may look at it differently. As it is, many choose to say it's Satan to further illustrate temptation and the devil and whatnot.

A lot of the modern interpretation of Lucifer comes from Paradise Lost. Paradise Lost was Milton's way of explaining the ways of God to men. Lucifer, contrary to popular belief, is not the hero of the story. Rather, it shows his descent from a majestic, beautifully sinister being to literally a giant snake. It is ultimate corruption. What makes it interesting is that, early on, Lucifer wonders if he could go back to serving God and enjoying his high rank. But then he thinks, "Nah, I'd just revolt again." Milton's interpretation of Lucifer is not the Bible's.

This has been your theology lesson for today. wink  

PhoenixFlame7

Xterius

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:59 am
When I first started reading it, I wasn't really Christian, but after reading it... Lucifer sure sounds a lot more spicy!  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:43 am
Sai-kun
I've never been religious in my life, so Kaori Yuki's rendition of the ideas of good and evil always appealed to my anti-authoritarian mind.

I've read literature on god and the devil, and it always appeals to me most to contemplate the devil as closest to human nature, he represents free will and in my eyes is a tragic hero...

There's no sense crying over every mistake...

Hero?
He was God's most POWERFUL, beautiful angel. But Lucifer wanted more than that, he wanted more power, to be higher then God. He was greedy.
He hurts people to get what he wants, his only concern is himelf.
Hardly what I call a hero. Heroes do things for other people.

...You just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake!

TaintedDemon

TaintedDemon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:45 am
There's no sense crying over every mistake...

Indeed Lucifer's character is gorgeous, and I won't lie about that- changing your faith based on a MANGA is stupid.
They made Kira/Lucifer seem like a good guy in the Manga, but he isn't.
They just made it seem that way to put the story together.
That's why it's a MANGA, you can make all sorts of crazy sh*t happen without it being true lol

...You just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake!

Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff