Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
CNN's Discrimination Against Atheists. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Candy Store Massacre

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:49 pm
Were the least trusted minority? gonk ninja  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:24 pm
The funniest thing I saw was that the ESPN guy kicked both those chicks' asses. He wasn't pro-atheist but he had his points and gave the other side some chance to speak.

Which brings me to that Rev. Seriously, let the woman speak and just shut the F**K up. Continuously cutting someone off is not fair debate. He made it as if the lady was unprepared, which was probably his goal.

cup_noodles

Meirelle

Shadowy Seeker

16,150 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:01 am

I believe in Thor! rofl

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:35 am
GO THOR

THOR pwns Jesus with his Uber Axe of awesomeness

rofl  

Niveous

E_Night

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:39 pm
Mr. Dawkins used a lot of big words like... atheist... lol joking!
you could tell the news lady was having issues with talking to him. I rather liked his accent. I want him in bed with that accent.! dramallama  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:07 pm
rofl The lady in the FOX news cast, the blonde president woman, is silly.

"Yeah, yeah, well I don't see that, i don't see America becoming less christian." (says country singer)

"Yeah, yeah, well... you are in the south."

xd Is it bad I found that funny?

Aw, that makes me sad.... I listen to country music but.... God isn't in my head or heart.

FOX News isn't very fair and balanced.... Every time I watch it, I always notice they lean waaaaay towrads the right. And it makes me angry they say they're fair and balanced....  

PickleBoy

Redem

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:58 pm
It is kinda depressing watching that, none of the people there gave real atheists a chance.

Dawkins, as much as I like the guy, comes off as an anti-religion militant, and that blonde chick is just dumb frankly. She lacks the charisma to be a public speaker.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:43 pm
redem
It is kinda depressing watching that, none of the people there gave real atheists a chance.

Dawkins, as much as I like the guy, comes off as an anti-religion militant, and that blonde chick is just dumb frankly. She lacks the charisma to be a public speaker.

You know, I never got that feeling from Dawkins, but a lot of people say that, so I must not be seeing something. Hmm.

My only real complaint about the woman is what the black reverend kept asking her where her morals came from, I wish she would have just said "Logic and reason." I was practically chanting it at the TV when I saw it live, as though I were jockying a horse in a race. Oh well.

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PickleBoy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:00 pm
That always gets my blood pumping, when people think you have to have religion to be a moral person. Or that morals are derived from religion. Cause really, its the other way around. Hence why all religions have a of the same basic creeds. But noooo. dramallama  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:34 pm
Hah I seem to have stirred up a couple people by commenting back on those YouTube videos. In the end, I forgot my arguement xd

You know I wasn't happy at first, but seeing as how this is being brought into the open, there are atheists willing to speak out against such ignorance. I can see why you're glad.  

cabbage3

Friendly Explorer

6,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Battle: Mage 100

Darth Moe

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:35 pm
burning_eyes

I wish I could've had a talk with them.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:45 am
Some of these people are really dumb.

"Don't atheists bring it on themselves for complaining/taking people to court with their campaigns?"

I suppose they think people should just roll over and allow themselves to be stomped on when they feel they're being oppressed or mistreated?

Now I'm in a bad mood. gonk

Why are atheists so noisy? Whaaaaat?  

EmmaRaikou

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:32 am
EmmaRaikou
Some of these people are really dumb.

"Don't atheists bring it on themselves for complaining/taking people to court with their campaigns?"

I suppose they think people should just roll over and allow themselves to be stomped on when they feel they're being oppressed or mistreated?

Now I'm in a bad mood. gonk

Why are atheists so noisy? Whaaaaat?

Oh your ******** god, I know! When he said that for being such a small minority we were awfully noisy, I was like "******** Die!!!"  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:55 am
I'm actually quite amusing. That was funny to watch.

It was interesting that the african american women was the most intolerent of the bunch. The blond one was quite...well, blond. Yes...she was also quite stupid.

That is the problem you have with certain Christians. See...that is what rubs me raw sometimes. Like down in some College were I live, the top gun decided to remove a cross. He thought that it would be a good idea, because it would show and promote tolerance towards people of all faiths. Who is it that gets up in arms over that? The Christans....who feel they are being discrimated against because the cross was removed in order to promote better tolerence.

Why is it that they feel so threatened when people push for tolerance? What is so wrong with the existance of other view-points? What is so wrong with peace, love, and understanding? I'll tell you want is wrong, they lose sheep when tolerence is promoted. The freedom to choose means the freedom to not choose to be Christian. I know they felt liked sheared sheep when Prayer was removed from schools, but guess what? Public schools are funded by the people. Not all the people who pay taxes will be Atheist, will be Christian, will be Jewish, will be Jehova's Witness, or will be Catholic, or will be Pastafarian...or so on. It's a combination. So when you offer up prayer for Christians in a school funded by many different people of different beliefs...you are giving them a slap in the face.

I could go on....but it's already stuff we already know well.

I will not shut-up. I am a shiny nail, and nobody is going to hammer me down just because they can't practice what they preach, or because they think having buildings all over the place free of taxes to worship whatever god they please isn't enough.

Sanguvixen

The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces