Reply Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild
Favorite Manga? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vi Sparklemist

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:40 am
Hard to choose one. I like Cruel Fairytales.
...And Kaine.
Not to mention Blood Hound, and Gravel Kingdom, and...
You get the idea whee  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 8:19 am
I have to say that...my favorite is Angel Sanctuary. Then again, I haven't really read the other ones, but some of Count Cain, which I would like to read more of. And I'd like to find some Ludwig and see if that's any good, which I'm sure it is, because, after all, it is Kaori Yuki.  

Mrs. Tasuki

Sabarian

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 3:55 pm
my fav. manga from her is Angel Sanctuary. It also has the best plot ever from all the other manga that i've read.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 2:36 pm
Although Count Cain and Angel Sanctuary come in close for second, my absolute favorite is probably "Boys Next Door," just because it's so very sad and makes me cry every time I read it. As far as I'm concerned if it can make me cry then I can consider it good.  

Seiben

Kamikaze Pedestrian
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 4:38 am
Seiben
Although Count Cain and Angel Sanctuary come in close for second, my absolute favorite is probably "Boys Next Door," just because it's so very sad and makes me cry every time I read it. As far as I'm concerned if it can make me cry then I can consider it good.

BND is probably the saddest manga there is. but i think a manga is good if it can send a chill down my spine. i got that when i read the first ludwig story, i think she's a little scary that girl... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 11:46 am
Mine is Angel Sanctuary, read it all via fan translations, felt it kicked a lot of a**. Loved the characters. Loved the story. Loved it all.  

Flicker Haseo

Bemused Dreamer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:42 am
Now I suddenly want to read Ludwig, I'll have to download it soon. Favorite of her works would be......Count Cain or Boys Next Door. Geez she's a genius for the twisted and angsty manga.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 10:53 am
Seiben

I totaly agree. ^_^. That's what I judge my own work with. If it can make someone cry, then it's a success. XD  

RionaDaidouji

Amikins

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:01 pm
Lemme see..I absolutely love Angel Sanctuary (Mmm Kira whee ), Count Cain because I just enjoy every single series of it. Boys Next Door, need I say more? Blood Hound, Kaine and Ludwig. Her plots are very different but again, they're unique and we all love her ^_^  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 2:05 pm
YaminoSadame
Since we finnaly got the guild up, I felt it would be appropriate to ask what everyones favorite manga by Yuki-san is. Mine is Ludwig. xd
well my favriote mangs has to be Paradise Kiss even thoughi love alot of other mangas!  

0Gothica0

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:30 pm
0Gothica0
YaminoSadame
Since we finnaly got the guild up, I felt it would be appropriate to ask what everyones favorite manga by Yuki-san is. Mine is Ludwig. xd
well my favriote mangs has to be Paradise Kiss even thoughi love alot of other mangas!

This is a Kaori Yuki guild though
ParaKiss is by Ai Yazawa...
What's your favorite Kaori Yuki manga?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 4:02 am
0Gothica0
YaminoSadame

I'll allow myself to go a little of topic...How rebellic! whee
My favorite non-Yuki manga is Petshop of Horrors. The last book comes in january!  

Kamikaze Pedestrian
Crew

Vi Sparklemist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 4:52 am
Sanekazura
My favorite non-Yuki manga is Petshop of Horrors. The last book comes in january!

w00t? Going off topic? Have you gone mad?!
We're all doomed now! gonk

(But really, why not use this topic to discuss favorite manga in general, as well?
*pokes YaminoSadame* What do you say? 'tis your topic after all)

Anyway. Petshop of Horrors, you say. I've been interested in that one as well, though I've never got around reading it. Would you mind doing a review with, you know, good and bad stuff, and such?
Since my dear friend is buying Demon Diary, I was actually thinking of getting that one instead (Once I've decided what mangas to discontinue/which to finish - I really need to do that. I feel that I'm following to many bad ones sweatdrop ). But it's always good to know if it's worth it from someone who reads it.

(If anyone wonder, which I doubt; My favorite manga aside from Kaori Yuki's works would probably be Candy Candy. It's not my usual style, but it was impossible not not fall in love with it... So very sad and beautiful..)  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 5:37 am
Vi Sparklemist
Sanekazura

w00t? Going off topic? Have you gone mad?!
We're all doomed now! gonk

(But really, why not use this topic to discuss favorite manga in general, as well?
*pokes YaminoSadame* What do you say? 'tis your topic after all)

Anyway. Petshop of Horrors, you say. I've been interested in that one as well, though I've never got around reading it. Would you mind doing a review with, you know, good and bad stuff, and such?
Since my dear friend is buying Demon Diary, I was actually thinking of getting that one instead (Once I've decided what mangas to discontinue/which to finish - I really need to do that. I feel that I'm following to many bad ones sweatdrop ). But it's always good to know if it's worth it from someone who reads it.

(If anyone wonder, which I doubt; My favorite manga aside from Kaori Yuki's works would probably be Candy Candy. It's not my usual style, but it was impossible not not fall in love with it... So very sad and beautiful..)

Doomed?!? No, really?

Here comes the PsoH review:
(I take it you alread know the plot a little, with the petshop and the mysterious owner and the police and the dangerous animals, so I made it more like a list.)

Good: The wonderful artwork, so incredibly beautiful!
The story, with little stories all held together by something bigger.
The charming characters.(Count D's my all-time fav bishie!)
The mix of gore and horror with cute and fluffy episodes.
The way you always have a feeling the mysteries are so easy to
solve if you only had a little, little more to go on.
The shonen-ai hints.

Bad: Uhmmm... not much, except the printing quality. sweatdrop And maybe the fact that it's not really that much of a horror manga.

You mind doing the same thing for me about cnady, candy?  

Kamikaze Pedestrian
Crew

Vi Sparklemist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 6:24 am
Sanekazura

Doomed?!? No, really?

Here comes the PsoH review:
(I take it you alread know the plot a little, with the petshop and the mysterious owner and the police and the dangerous animals, so I made it more like a list.)

Good: The wonderful artwork, so incredibly beautiful!
The story, with little stories all held together by something bigger.
The charming characters.(Count D's my all-time fav bishie!)
The mix of gore and horror with cute and fluffy episodes.
The way you always have a feeling the mysteries are so easy to
solve if you only had a little, little more to go on.
The shonen-ai hints.

Bad: Uhmmm... not much, except the printing quality. sweatdrop And maybe the fact that it's not really that much of a horror manga.

You mind doing the same thing for me about cnady, candy?

Yep, doomed! The evil off-topic monster is coming to get us any minute now ninja

Gore and horror in cute and fluffy episodes? xd
Sounds nice indeed. *puts Petshop of Horrors on her "Manga-to-buy" list*

Not at all. Though it was a very long time since I read it, so I'm not sure I think the same way. Anyway.

If you've seen something from the anime which is pretty common in our beloved (?) country, you probably know it's about this little girl who is found outside a orphanage in... uh... It's some years before the first or second world war. I don't remember which sweatdrop
While there, she meets a strange boy when she's sad, whom she'll never forget.
(Before I continue; Don't be fooled by the anime! It's not nearly as good as the manga.)

In time, she gets adoped by a rich family which has two kids in about the same age as her, meets three brothers from the same family as the boy she met, get to know them and live a happy life.

For a while.
She ends up in a boarding school, meets new friends and enemies while she struggles with the death of someone she liked. She meets a boy who she falls in love with, but something not that good happens... Then the world war starts and makes her loose even more of her beloved ones.
Still, through all hurt and pain she never lets herself down, and will never give up to try and reach her goals.

In a way, it gave me hope by reading it. Of course it's fictional (which shows pretty much, now that I think of it), but I could really feel her pain and her determination to not give up.

...The list.

Good things:
It's really sad. I love sad stories.
It's heart-moving and beautiful at times. A true shoujo heart
The characters. Very cute indeed.
The "mini-stories" in the story. What's up with Terrys family, for instance eek
It gives a pretty good view of how cruel life (and death) can be. Though, this could also fit in the Bad-cathegory

Bad things:
It's really hard to get. At least from here.
The artwork is a bit "old", and not really my favorite (All the girls look like 10.. sweatdrop )
Sometimes, it's just a bit too depressing.

Note: This is based on what I thought after reading it like 3 years ago. I'm not the same person at all as I was back then, but since I lost the site where I read it I'm not able to read it again sweatdrop  
Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff