Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild

Back to Guilds

Reply Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild
Where to find... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Would you like more of Kaori Yuki's mangas to be licensed?
Yes
88%
 88%  [ 53 ]
No
11%
 11%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 60

YaminoSadame

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 10:52 pm
Cain_Hargreaves

I can never tell differences in print quality. crying ;; I guess it's both a blessing and a curse.

Work with photoshop for awhile, or try scanning in US released manga and editing stuff like sound effects and text. Then you'll really see how bad the quality is. Or, take an eraser across the ink of the page and see how much of it comes off. That's a definate way to judge the quality.

As to names, Yuki-sensei tends to use names with origins other than Japanese. This makes translations a bit awkward. You have to really look at the context to figure it out, and even then it's hard.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 6:23 am
You want to talk about bad quality paper... Go read the Chinese Editions. To put it simply, they suck. The paper and ink the Chinese publishers use, from Taiwan to HongKong to Singapore, are all pretty bad. The paper is fragile, would probably tear or nearly do so when in contact with water, I mean, the scans I tried don't even come out white... they come out a weird yellowish color. And the text turns brown... whee

But then again, we Chinese have the cheapest mangas around, so I shouldn't complain... I mean, it's about 2.50 (US$) a book for a Singapore published one.. although they don't touch any of KY's works.  

Shura Yukihime

ShadowIce

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 6:46 pm
*runs off to download some scanlations*

Heheh, I'm so happy now biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 2:17 pm
Sarielle
For those wanting to order the Angel Sanctuary Manga in English (don't know if anyone out there besides me is doing this): Sources from the all-seeing, all-knowing Voice From Above (aka Sai-kun :3):

Viz

AnimeNation

I found AnimeNation cheaper because I didn't care that it wasn't shipped as fast. Hope this helps ^^

If Viz's translations arent that great what about this AnimeNation's?  

Ghourry

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 7:50 pm
Aanzan
Sarielle
For those wanting to order the Angel Sanctuary Manga in English (don't know if anyone out there besides me is doing this): Sources from the all-seeing, all-knowing Voice From Above (aka Sai-kun :3):

Viz

AnimeNation

I found AnimeNation cheaper because I didn't care that it wasn't shipped as fast. Hope this helps ^^

If Viz's translations arent that great what about this AnimeNation's?

AnimeNation doesnt do its own scanlations, its just a massive online webstore that sells anime, manga and related merchandise. It has a lot of imports as well as American liscensed stuff.
The selection is surprisingly varied!  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:32 am
You should all check out BeBeutifulManga.com they are just getting started, and are predominatly Yaoi, but they do plan to publish other types of Manga. They have a survey asking for opinions on what they should publish next. Their main goal, it says on the web page, is manga made by women, for women, so I think Kaoi Yuki applies. biggrin
Anyway, my point is, if enough people fill out their survey, maybe they'll publish Kaori Yuki stuff.  

Momiji-Bunny

Kamikaze Pedestrian
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:08 am
Momiji-Bunny
You should all check out BeBeutifulManga.com they are just getting started, and are predominatly Yaoi, but they do plan to publish other types of Manga. They have a survey asking for opinions on what they should publish next. Their main goal, it says on the web page, is manga made by women, for women, so I think Kaoi Yuki applies. biggrin
Anyway, my point is, if enough people fill out their survey, maybe they'll publish Kaori Yuki stuff.

I think I've read one of there mangas... "Golden Caine" is BBManga, isn't it?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:21 pm
Sanekazura
Momiji-Bunny

I think so, I've never actually read any of theirs, but I want to.  

Momiji-Bunny

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:31 pm
Momiji-Bunny
Sanekazura
Momiji-Bunny

I think so, I've never actually read any of theirs, but I want to.

I didnt like GOlden Caine, it was a mediocre manga to begin with and the translation just made it worse...
In any case...BeBeautiful announced plans to translate/publish Ayano Yamane's Viewfinder series.
I HIGHLY recommend it.
But its hard yaoi, not for the squeamish or those with nosey parents ^_~  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 2:50 am
Sai-kun
I didnt like GOlden Caine, it was a mediocre manga to begin with and the translation just made it worse...
In any case...BeBeautiful announced plans to translate/publish Ayano Yamane's Viewfinder series.
I HIGHLY recommend it.
But its hard yaoi, not for the squeamish or those with nosey parents ^_~

I'll look out for it. Or tell Sono, out of us two, she's the yaoi-buyer.
About parents... Sono got "Golden Cain" for christmas by our aunt. For some reason,, we thought it would be softer. sweatdrop Lucky she didn't cared to see what it was about... xd  

Kamikaze Pedestrian
Crew

Tia Mia

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:25 am
A great place for scanlations of Kaori Yuki's is www.sakura-crisis.net.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:33 am
Viz are going to distribute Godchild in their new magazine shoujo beat! heart  

Philomene

Katinchen012

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:37 pm
Philomene

Wish you good luck... Here they published it in a magazine but finished it after the episode with the first appearance of the doctor, they said it was too bad for the readers in the age of 12 to 14 who are their target group-.-
And they didn't publish all episodes, as example the one about "red robin" was left out.
But they will sell the books if they publish it in a magazine, won't they?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:01 pm
Katinchen012
Philomene

Wish you good luck... Here they published it in a magazine but finished it after the episode with the first appearance of the doctor, they said it was too bad for the readers in the age of 12 to 14 who are their target group-.-
And they didn't publish all episodes, as example the one about "red robin" was left out.

They will probably release the chapters in books sooner or later :3 they might let the magazine serialization run a little ahead of the book release though, if they want the magazine to compete with the books.

Hmm...where do you live that there is a magazine that published manga like Count Cain (for however short a duration)?  

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Katinchen012

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:52 am
Sai-kun
Katinchen012
Philomene

They will probably release the chapters in books sooner or later :3 they might let the magazine serialization run a little ahead of the book release though, if they want the magazine to compete with the books.

Hmm...where do you live that there is a magazine that published manga like Count Cain (for however short a duration)?

I live in Germany, and sometimes that's great heart
After having publsihed Angel Sanctuary, Boys Next Door, Neji and Count Cain they will sell Kaine and Ludwig Revolutions in summer!*happy*  
Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff