Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
The Words of Idiocy: "Creationism is pure fact" Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

"Creationism is pure fact"
  ...Wow.
  ...<sarcasm>TOTALLY</sarcasm>
  SPORK MY EYES OUT!
View Results

Jessica Malatori

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:18 pm
Creationism sickens me. How can people be that stupid? Sure, evolution isn't perfect, but it sure as hell makes a lot more sense then just popping out of thin air because some egotistical guy decided to create things he could pick on the rest of eternity.

Welcome back to the dark ages everyone... *Sigh*  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:53 pm
These people talk about reality? They'd rather believe in some "Thing" that may well just be the adult equivalent of an imaginary friend, and worse yet believe in an old a** book that says this "thing" simply got bored and decided to fart out the universe and made us all from dirt Dirt than something that has been observed over and over again? Yes they seem to be more in grasp with reality than Atheist are rolleyes  

Dissnitive Blade

Zealous Blue

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:39 pm
I'm happy living in 'Lala Land'. rolleyes

And we didn't evolve from monkeys.

We evolved from apes.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:11 pm
murasame blade
These people talk about reality? They'd rather believe in some "Thing" that may well just be the adult equivalent of an imaginary friend, and worse yet believe in an old a** book that says this "thing" simply got bored and decided to fart out the universe and made us all from dirt Dirt than something that has been observed over and over again? Yes they seem to be more in grasp with reality than Atheist are rolleyes

I used to say something when I joined Gaia. Everyone has thier own broken reality...which they take as being the one true reality. Everybody also thinks that everyone else's reality is broken.

Reality is just a mirror with too many broken shards to ever be put back together properly. So in that respect, everyone has a grip on reality...but only as far as thier view of reality goes.

Some believe in a book over a thousand years old, that has been edited many times. It preaches a story that seems to come out of some old fairy-tale. Some of us scoff.

Well we believe that there are no gods, and our world, our very complicated and intricate world is the result of very natural things that we just still havn't fully grasped yet. They scoff at us.

When you really believe in something, it can be darn near difficult to grasp the other side.

Sanguvixen

Dissnitive Blade

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:19 pm
Sanguvixen
murasame blade

I used to say something when I joined Gaia. Everyone has thier own broken reality...which they take as being the one true reality. Everybody also thinks that everyone else's reality is broken.

Reality is just a mirror with too many broken shards to ever be put back together properly. So in that respect, everyone has a grip on reality...but only as far as thier view of reality goes.

Some believe in a book over a thousand years old, that has been edited many times. It preaches a story that seems to come out of some old fairy-tale. Some of us scoff.

Well we believe that there are no gods, and our world, our very complicated and intricate world is the result of very natural things that we just still havn't fully grasped yet. They scoff at us.

When you really believe in something, it can be darn near difficult to grasp the other side.

That seems to be the downside of religion, everyone seems to be everyone else's Heretic.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:35 pm
Sanguvixen
murasame blade

Funny you should mention that.

Judaism and Christianity both posit that God created the universe so he could see his own Free Will in the choice of humans to worship him.

That means that God, so perfect, was lonely and curious, desirous of affection. If you're perfect, do you really need ants to yell their approval at you, or does that smack of an inferiority complex? What other issues does God have? Does he think his a** is fat Does he feel guilty watching TRL with Carson Daly?  

Theophrastus

The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces