Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rosalyrica

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 5:33 pm
MemoryDragon
Gut-chan or Gu-chan. It's better than nothing. wink Who knows. Maybe this will lead the way for the anime getting licenced. When I asked for it at Walden Books, I was told I was the tenth person to ask for FMwS. The more it seems there is a market for the show, the better our chances get.

Really? 9 other people? Hmm..yes, I think the anime will get licensed soon because of the popularity of the series. I hope so. Can't wait to see it in English. (thinks: please don't use Richard Cox or Monica Stori for VAs!)  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:17 pm
MemoryDragon
Hey. I was just wondering if anyone else has picked up the English version of the Full Moon wo Sagashite manga. I just got it today at Suncoast (Apparently Walden Books does not get the manga till the end of the month, so it may just be a special release by Suncoast). Overall, I was pleased with how it was handled. Though the way they phrased some things (especially their translation of 'Shinigami' to 'Harbingers of Death') I didn't really care for.

The main thing I loved about this version though was they translated the manga-ka's ramblings. The fan versions I read never did, but it's so great that she's a Kingdom Hearts fan... She also talks about Harry Potter...

Anyone else's thoughts?

I bought it a few days ago. I was so happy to finally have it. I didn't like that whole "Harbingers of Death" thing either, since I didn't really understand the word Harbingers at first...(does that make me stupid? lol)

I also really enjoyed reading the side bars and other things she added! I love Harry Potter so I thought it was cool she commented on it. It surprised me that she put some spoilers in there though. (not that they were big ones)  

onigiri_riceball

Caprika

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:59 pm
I've seen out but haven't had time to look through it I guess it should be interesting to see how they did it  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:38 pm
onigiri_riceball
I bought it a few days ago. I was so happy to finally have it. I didn't like that whole "Harbingers of Death" thing either, since I didn't really understand the word Harbingers at first...(does that make me stupid? lol)

Nah. It's not an ordinary word in the first place. Not many people use 'harbinger' in normal conversation. wink To quote Merriam-Webster, it means "a person sent ahead to provide lodgings," "one that pioneers in or initiates a major change," or "one that presages or foreshadows what is to come." That last one seems like your best bet if you're trying to figure out what the translators were going for.  

MemoryDragon
Crew

Witty Lunatic

akeikas
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:38 pm
i have made a fellow follower! we went to barns and noble today and she bought FMWS!!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:18 pm
KazehaneRio_FLAME
i have made a fellow follower! we went to barns and noble today and she bought FMWS!!

Heh. I made my little cousin read my copy. Now she's hooked too.  

MemoryDragon
Crew

Witty Lunatic

Rosalyrica

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:49 am
I had my friend read FMwS scanlations that I put on a disk and I think she likes it (told her to go buy it when they get it at our bookstore but she didn't want to. stubborn. >_>).  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:37 am
hehe. my friend said that she liked the 4-coma thing at the end. she likes takuto. but she didnt really see izumi yet... xd ninja anyway i think im getting another fan from my friend, she is going to get it as well. and she said she'd buy the KKJ one when it comes out. xd  

akeikas
Captain

onigiri_riceball

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:35 pm
I am telling all my friends to buy it or at least read it, but so far I only have one addicted. Well, one is better than none blaugh  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:36 pm
I've gotten two recruits for the fandom. xd I was looking at it the other day and I was tempted to buy it even though I read the scanlations already. It looks so much better on paper.... I might get it anyway.

Harbingers of death?...... alrighty then... It's ok.

Did they keep Negi Ramen? Or did they change it to onion noodles or something like that?

I liked the four panel stuff in the back. It was funny.

Quote:
Eichi: (to Mitsuki) I thought it was the perfect name for you. Because your head is so round.
rofl

On a side note. I read something that said that Takuto was the one who chose Mitsuki's name. But I can't seem to find that part anywhere in the manga. Is this true? If it is can someone tell me what chapter it happens in.  

Jinnyb

MemoryDragon
Crew

Witty Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:05 pm
They are Negi Ramen. cool That they kept.

As to Takuto giving her a name, I don't think so. Very weird.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:23 pm
Yeah he did but I think it was in a Route: L special side story or something. xd

sweatdrop Don't remember the volume though, sorry.  

Leri
Vice Captain

Rosalyrica

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:20 pm
AHHHH! I got it! I'm so happy. *does happy dance* They changed a lot of stuff but they're good changes that help the text make more sense.

I don't know why they didn't just leave it shinigami. They used the names harbingers of death, death, and shinigami. That must be really confusing for someone who hasn't read it before. sad

Leri
Yeah he did but I think it was in a Route: L special side story or something. xd

sweatdrop Don't remember the volume though, sorry.

Oh yeah...Takuto did name Mitsuki. I think they showed it in volume 5 or 6. I don't have my CD with all of the volumes so I can't look it up.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 5:22 pm
its volume 4 where ta-kun names mitsuki~ 満月~ heart  

akeikas
Captain

Rosalyrica

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:24 pm
KazehaneRio_FLAME
its volume 4 where ta-kun names mitsuki~ 満月~ heart

Oh yeah that was it. It was one of Takuto's flashbacks I think.  
Full Moon wo Sagashite

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff